Miraculous Ladybug

This is a place to discuss Miraculous Ladybug! Answer questions like: who is your favorite character, which hero/ character are you, and which episodes are your favorites! Please, no spoilers unless hidden. Bonus, which is your favorite ship?

1: Natalie. Hawkmoth should just let his wife stay dead and create a new life with her. 

2: Marinette/Ladybug. That's what all my friends tell me, at least. 

3: Oblivio, Evillustrator, and Cat Blanc. Oh, and the one where

Spoiler

Marinette and Adrien switch miraculous!!!!!!!!

4: Marinette/Ladybug+Adrien/Cat Noir.

Do you realize: Ladybug+Cat Noir's ship name is the same as

Spoiler

Marinette's name in the above episode: Lady Noir!!!!!

It's a fun show that, like many Sentai-inspired shows before it, has the characters grow and change despite of the repetitive nature. The show feels a bit...rubbery at times, but the fights are always well done and the voice acting is great. (RIDICULOUS! UTTERLY RIDICULOUS!) 

Marionette is a true hero at heart, and her and Adrian are just cinnamon rolls of characters. 

Overall I really like the show!

• 2 weeks later...

OH MY GOSH I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY THAT THIS EXISTS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HOW DID I GET LUCKY ENOUGH TO FIND THIS???????

1: My favorite character is probably either Alya or Luka?

2: I have no clue what character I am lolll but according to a quiz i just found, I'd be mari/ladybug too

3: Favorite and least favorite episode is the same: Oblivio because

Spoiler

THEY LIKE EACH OTHER AND KNOW IDENTITIES AND THEN THEY FREAKING FORGET IT ALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

4: I like all the original love square ships, so same as what op said, but currently, Lukanette is definitely more healthy, plus he lets her know where she stands. Adrien needs to figure out his feelings and stop claiming that marinette is "just a friend"

Also we should definitely revive this? Or vive this, as it seems that it was never super active? @Condensation, @Use the Falchion, @Vapor

Edited by RadiantDramaQueen

In the love square, I am the minority. I need more dorky awkward Ladrien scenes.

Outside of the love square I love Lukanette, but not for endgame, it's just more healthy now because Adrien is an idiotic boi.

I like Kagami as a character more than I do Marinette (but I LOVE Marinette's name), but I think I like Marinette & Adrien as a couple more than I do Kagami & Adrien (but only BARELY). I think Kagami is who Adrien needs right now; Marinette would be too much of a "Yes Honey" girlfriend to Adrien, and Adrien needs to know how relationships actually work before he gets involved with someone like Marinette. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

1 hour ago, Use the Falchion said:

I like Kagami as a character more than I do Marionette (but I LOVE Marionette's name), but I think I like Marionette & Adrien as a couple more than I do Kagami & Adrien (but only BARELY). I think Kagami is who Adrien needs right now; Marionette would be too much of a "Yes Honey" girlfriend to Adrien, and Adrien needs to know how relationships actually work before he gets involved with someone like Marionette. 

I never really clicked with Kagami as a character... Out of the two side love interests, Luka is definitely my favorite. Kagami just seems a little too strong of a character.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Mari's name is spelled Marinette.

13 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

I never really clicked with Kagami as a character... Out of the two side love interests, Luka is definitely my favorite. Kagami just seems a little too strong of a character.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Mari's name is spelled Marinette.

Thanks for the spell check! I'll change that.

I actually felt the opposite; I don't like Luka at all. He's plain to me. Kagami is a match for Adrien's skill, is assured enough to know what she wants, and confident enough to go for it. Kagami is a lot like Ladybug, which is probably why Adrien likes her. And Ladybug holds some of Marinette's best qualities. Once Marinette can combine her Ladybug qualities with her inherit civilian ones, then she'll be the best version of herself and Adrien will truly see her. But until that time Kagami is his best match IMO. 

32 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Thanks for the spell check! I'll change that.

I actually felt the opposite; I don't like Luka at all. He's plain to me. Kagami is a match for Adrien's skill, is assured enough to know what she wants, and confident enough to go for it. Kagami is a lot like Ladybug, which is probably why Adrien likes her. And Ladybug holds some of Marinette's best qualities. Once Marinette can combine her Ladybug qualities with her inherit civilian ones, then she'll be the best version of herself and Adrien will truly see her. But until that time Kagami is his best match IMO. 

If you've seen the episode Ikari Gozen, Kagami literally has to look up how to be a friendly person. She also isn't used to smiling. I get that her mom sheltered her and all that, but you'd think she could express human emotions. I mean, Adrien was also sheltered, and on his first day of school, he won everyone over. Luka is very straightforward, and I can see why you might think he'd be plain, but like... it would be so great to have a guy write a song that he says is my melody, capturing my essence in music. Maybe I'm just a sucker for musically talented people.

6 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

I mean, Adrien was also sheltered, and on his first day of school

But Adrien already had friends before he came to school such as Nino and Chloe; and was already a model by the time he joined, if I'm remembering correctly (I watch the show far too casually to care about any of this, tbh). Anytime a model joins your class, you bet they're going to be popular. He was sheltered, not isolated like Kagami. 

6 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

I'm just a sucker for musically talented people.

And as a person who did martial arts during various points of his life (Tae Kwon Do, some Filipino martial arts with my dad, Brazilian Jujitsu, and Tae Kwon Do again in college (I haven't gotten to Judo yet, but someday I will)), I definitely respect the skill and time it takes to get as good as she is. Besides, any girl that can say "I like you and want to move this relationship forward," at least garners my respect in my book. 

We can agree to disagree however, and that will be perfectly fine. 

This is my kwami, Cuddles. My friend's cousin drew it for me. She's a red panda, and to transform, I say "Cuddles, snug on!" and my suit is a red panda onesie and the mask is a sleeping mask with holes for the eyes, (making it pointless,) my special power is "Cuddle Puddle" and it makes everyone within six feet of me fall asleep for some time (not very long,) but I have no clue what my Miraculous should be. Any ideas?

Screenshot_20200719-143214.png

4 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Ooh cute

maybe an ankle bracelet. That's not used yet

Yeah, I like that! What would it look like/have on it, though?

Oh, how about like stars and a crescent moon? Or are there some Miraculous shaped like that already?

Nope, I've decided. A dreamcatcher anklet.

ap01_a707394d-7525-47ed-91d0-9726108c232b_large.jpg

Edited by DramaQueen

Actually, @Vapor asked me what it should be. After rejecting most of my suggestions because "they've already been used," I said fine just use an ankle bracelet, there's none of those yet. and both of you thought it was a good idea. I agree now that I see that adorable ankle bracelet, but it was kinda a joke to me. Just sayin', it's my idea not Vapor's