Wielding four surges

Holy Kayak

I firmly believe we'll see this some day. 

Elsecaller with the surge of Division is a frightening thought. 

On a more mundane note, I think Hoid could probably hack identity/based magic pretty well if he had Ishar's Honorblade (and it's the easiest way to get those surges without becoming a dual Radiant, something Hoid will probably be particularly opposed to...unless...hmm...). 

Edit: a Windrunner with access to Transformation and Division. They could lash opponents to them, transform them into something that can combust easily, then lash them back at enemies before exploding them with division. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

We know that Szeth practiced with more of the honor blades than just Jezrien's, and that for his 4th ideal he picked a Crusade to cleanse the Shin homelands, where the majority of the honorblades still reside. So it's a possibility that in addition to being a skybreaker with access to the surges of gravitation and division, he could pick up an honor blade (or even multiple honorblades).

I personally think it would be awesome if he picked up Vedel's honorblade, giving him the surges of friction and progression. 

With friction and gravitation you would have the fastest flying radiant ever, and with suitable quantities of Stormlight the surge of progression would help offset the downsides of wielding Nightblood.

I'm hoping in book 4 we get to see more of the Shin!

2 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

I firmly believe we'll see this some day. 

Elsecaller with the surge of Division is a frightening thought. 

On a more mundane note, I think Hoid could probably hack identity/based magic pretty well if he had Ishar's Honorblade (and it's the easiest way to get those surges without becoming a dual Radiant, something Hoid will probably be particularly opposed to...unless...hmm...). 

Edit: a Windrunner with access to Transformation and Division. They could lash opponents to them, transform them into something that can combust easily, then lash them back at enemies before exploding them with division. 

That edit sounds lit haha, what in damnation

1 hour ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

We know that Szeth practiced with more of the honor blades than just Jezrien's, and that for his 4th ideal he picked a Crusade to cleanse the Shin homelands, where the majority of the honorblades still reside. So it's a possibility that in addition to being a skybreaker with access to the surges of gravitation and division, he could pick up an honor blade (or even multiple honorblades).

I personally think it would be awesome if he picked up Vedel's honorblade, giving him the surges of friction and progression. 

With friction and gravitation you would have the fastest flying radiant ever, and with suitable quantities of Stormlight the surge of progression would help offset the downsides of wielding Nightblood.

I'm hoping in book 4 we get to see more of the Shin!

I hope we find out a bit more about the shin. In my mind's eye shinovar seems the closest to normal life on earth. From what I remember they had a solid lock down on blades, and didn't they actively seek retrieving shards(dead Spren included).

Also, Szeth believes he is truthless, one of a kind, couldn't possibly imagine anyone else wielding surges, so I don't think he has access to the rest.

That friction and grav combo you are talking about sounds awesome haha! And personally, I think Nightblood and Szeth make a killer couple!

Hello, would you like to destroy some evil today?

1 minute ago, Father Bin said:

why is that so dangerous?

Division+Transformation+Elsecalling is a dangerous combination. Popping from one location to another with the ability to shred things on the atomic level and the ability to use transformation forget gravitation those three makes one an absolute wrecking crew and that is without gravitation.

19 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Division+Transformation+Elsecalling is a dangerous combination. Popping from one location to another with the ability to shred things on the atomic level and the ability to use transformation forget gravitation those three makes one an absolute wrecking crew and that is without gravitation.

Some solid beans right here

49 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

That's sooo metal!

Well, Yelig-Namaram had all ten Surges and still got beaten by one and a half Windrunners. I guess maybe he hadn't had the time to familiarize himself with them all. Plus, when not powered by Voidlight, there are only so many Surges one can use in a given time window based on the amount of Stormlight on hand (and Honorblades are inefficient).

On 6/22/2020 at 6:41 PM, John203 said:

Shallash seems well on her way to becoming a dustbringer, so transformation, illusion, destruction, and abrasion together seems very assassiny.

Assuming this happens (and it's a popular theory I kinda like too) she'd still need to retrieve her original Honorblade to have that combination; Heralds separated from their blades can't Surgebind, aside from Nale.

But yes, being able to disguise yourself, use Abrasion to climb or skate and Division to wreck things would make for a terrifying combo. Not quite Elsecaller with Division scary, but still pretty storming scary.

Edited by Weltall