KoW = ???

Ripheus23

How about Keeper of Worlds. The real world book would be an autobiography by an Elsecaller. The story related theme would be that similar to what happened to bring the first humans to Roshar, Roshar is devastated to the point to be uninhabitable (or at least large parts of it) and humanity is driven to the other words to seek refuge. In other words book 5 will end as a Pyrrhic victory for the heroes.

Edited by Awakened Cremling
fixed typo

• 4 months later...

We now know the likely name

Shreyas Wajekar

I'm just going to throw in a title suggestion for Stormlight 5. Knight(s) of Withered Truth(s).

Brandon Sanderson

That's a good one. I've toyed with Knights of Woeful Truth for a while. That's the frontrunner, but yours isn't a bad one.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/484/#e15377

and

Maor Bril

SA 5 Title: Knight Of Winds and Thunder

Brandon Sanderson

That's not bad, actually. One of the better suggestions I've been given. But it can't just be cool, it has to match the text. Knight of or Knights of is likely to start it, but the last words are ones I'm still mulling over.

So it will start with Knights of and most likely be Knights of Woeful Truth as of now

37 minutes ago, Zoey said:

We now know the likely name

So it will start with Knights of and most likely be Knights of Woeful Truth as of now

Good find. I think many of us had thought "Killer of" or "Knights of" were likely "K" words, but it's good to see that Knights is settled on. I don't know how I feel about "woeful truth" but my guess is that it will fit the inworld book quite well, but boy it does NOT bode well for our heroes. "Woeful Truth" just...does not promise a very happy ending. lol

4 minutes ago, Bliev said:

Good find. I think many of us had thought "Killer of" or "Knights of" were likely "K" words, but it's good to see that Knights is settled on. I don't know how I feel about "woeful truth" but my guess is that it will fit the inworld book quite well, but boy it does NOT bode well for our heroes. "Woeful Truth" just...does not promise a very happy ending. lol

I do feel that it is probably not gonna be the happiest of endings.

Spoiler

I mean, just look at how Mistborn ended, mass genocide of the majority of Scadrian inhabitants, and the death of a large portion of main characters

Mistborn spoilers, spoiled just in case.

21 hours ago, Zoey said:

I do feel that it is probably not gonna be the happiest of endings.

Reveal hidden contents

I mean, just look at how Mistborn ended, mass genocide of the majority of Scadrian inhabitants, and the death of a large portion of main characters

Mistborn spoilers, spoiled just in case.

ARGH. But I will say that Mistborn was *satisfying* and I hope this one will be too. That it won't be GRRM grim dark, but will end with a satisfying hopefulness, even if I'm racked with sobs throughout the entire denouement. 

On 9/1/2021 at 7:40 PM, MGershone said:

Alright guys, the point is moot. Dan Wells has confirmed that the title of book 5 will be Knights of Waluigi's Toilet.

Hide contents

If you don't get it, go listen to the most recent episode of the podcast Intentionally Blank, with Brandon Sanderson and Dan Wells. It's hilarious and they talk about this topic.

Koalas of Western Terrain

Kittens on Wife's Tummy

I know nothing about Dan Wells... but I can see why he doesn't name most of his own books.  :-)

I know Brandon has said hes thinking of using Knights as the first word, but I'm quite fond of "Kin Of The World" myself. As an in world book it can be a manuscript of philosophers trying to stop the fighting and conquest of Sadees, and compare and contrast how the peoples ideals are similar and we face and outward enemy (Odium)

On 12/01/2022 at 5:50 AM, Zoey said:

But it wouldn't be a true Ketek if you don't have a T at the end, otherwise it wouldn't be a palindrome, just almost one. 

In Vorinism, H can replace any letter. See Nohadon, whose name is considered symmetrical.

I'm just spitballing here, but at one point, Book 5 (or maybe 3?) was going to be titled "The Highprince of War", but because it was going to be Dalinar's book. But in current written canon, Dalinar is no longer a highprince. If Navani is now considered the queen of Urithiru, wouldn't it make sense that Dalinar is also the king in that regard? So "King of War" instead of "Highprince of War" is not too out of the question, is it not? To top it off, it fits with "KoW".

Knights of Woeful Truths sounds like a song title by a power metal parody band. I doubt the publisher is going to wave it through, and I sure hope so. It's a mouthful and doesn't fit with the punch of the shorter other titles at all. At this point, I'm starting to believe that he should drop the idea with the symmetry and just pick a title that works instead. Like Stones Unhallowed, what he originally had in mind for Oathbringer when it still was planned as Szeth's books.

Kingdom of Wails would be kinda cool though if Braize plays a significant part, but I don't believe it will.

On 13.1.2022 at 8:06 PM, Firerust said:

I'm just spitballing here, but at one point, Book 5 (or maybe 3?) was going to be titled "The Highprince of War", but because it was going to be Dalinar's book. But in current written canon, Dalinar is no longer a highprince. If Navani is now considered the queen of Urithiru, wouldn't it make sense that Dalinar is also the king in that regard? So "King of War" instead of "Highprince of War" is not too out of the question, is it not? To top it off, it fits with "KoW".

Sounds pretty cool, and logical!  But he's not going to go with two subsequent "of War"s.