KoW = ???

Ripheus23

Why didn't it occur to me sooner?!? It's so obvious now that I see it...

We've been craving new kinds of investiture, new manifestations of power... we're certainly enamored with the metallic arts and would lose our collective minds over more...

It's going to be the newest crossover between Stormlight & Mistborn...

KoW...

Spoiler

The Stormlight Archive Book 5: Potassium or Tungsten!

Just sayin'...

Edited by Smye

The 'o' is gonna be 'of' or 'on' if it fits the pattern of noun-article-noun.

It's Szeth's book so I've been partial to the 'W' standing for 'white' just because it's such a huge pat of his motif. Maybe Knights of White but 'white' doesn't fit well grammatically. I don't think it's gonna be 'war' again because the other titles don't repeat words. 'Winds' is probably is also a choice. As a wild card 'West' because it's a Shin focused book and the Shin are Westerners to the rest of Roshar. Maybe Westward Tribes, Western Towers...

For 'K' I think the obvious answer is 'knight' but 'king' (for Dalinar/Jezerin/Taravangian/etc.) or 'knife' (for conflict/Vyre's knife/blades in general) are also good options. 

If it is the 'the' counts and it's TWOK, I feel like the 'T' really should be 'truth' or 'truthless' because again, Szeth's book. Especially because the previous title makes it seem like the OG plan is for this to be a Shin text that it's named after. However, W Truth/Truthless isn't an easy wordset to have grammatically so he may take it as just WOK. 

Some other random guesses: 

Knights of White - I wanna get white in there for szeth but can't make it fit nicely grammatically 

King of Winds - Basic, easy, obvious. Works for the Heralds (Jezerin) obviously but also Kaladin (lead Windrunner) and Szeth (held Jezerin's honorable for a long time). 

Kingdom of Windless Towns/Towers - Honestly this is nothing but it KOWT and it describes Shinovar (no Highstorms). 

Kingdom of Whispered Truths - The Shin clearly have a thing about Truths and are lying a bunch about something. 

The Kindness of Wounds (Wounding, maybe?)

The in-world book could be a series of short stories about people who injured themselves, but avoided a worse fate. For example: a farmer who breaks their leg which puts their harvest at risk, but while they're recovering at the surgeon's a highstorm lands a boulder directly on top of his house. The "bad fortune" he was cursing actually saved his life.

if it's shin then as a joke king of wooden trails

killings of wandering truthless

knights of war trapped (maybe some stuff regarding the recreance)

the in world book may relate to the shins perspective of nohadon, so king of worthy trust, king of wondrous trade

actually, i just had a thought, last i checked there was a shin who was opposed to BAMs imprisonment, so it may be a book they wrote,

these ones are just jokes but, king of warm trees, kaladins oathstone WHAT?

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I like the idea that KoW could be an Odium style ruler guidebook in the same way Way of Kings is an Honour style ruler guidebook in world. 
Guesses based off that tho tbh I can't really think of any novel ones.
- Keeper of Wrath/Woe
- King of Wrath/Worry/Woe
- Keeper of Wants
- Kingdom of Widows/Wails
- Ketek of Whispers/Whimpers/the Wretched

Edited by Harkain
Realised was in a no ROW section.

14 hours ago, Chinkoln said:

What if we learn more about the Dawnshards in this book?

Killer of Worlds is a theory I have heard repeated, but it is often dismissed. I think that if more dawnshards are introduced then it could fit very well

It needs to be a book name

this doesn’t hit me as a book name

• 6 months later...

Alright guys, the point is moot. Dan Wells has confirmed that the title of book 5 will be Knights of Waluigi's Toilet.

Spoiler

If you don't get it, go listen to the most recent episode of the podcast Intentionally Blank, with Brandon Sanderson and Dan Wells. It's hilarious and they talk about this topic.

13 hours ago, MGershone said:

Alright guys, the point is moot. Dan Wells has confirmed that the title of book 5 will be Knights of Waluigi's Toilet.

Reveal hidden contents

If you don't get it, go listen to the most recent episode of the podcast Intentionally Blank, with Brandon Sanderson and Dan Wells. It's hilarious and they talk about this topic.

WAAAH

I literally died laughing