KoW = ???

Ripheus23

matgopack

Looks like he is going for that mirroring of titles after all! Very Vorin of him if he can get the last one of the 5 to fit.

(If you take the initials of the books so far, you'd get (t)WoK WoR O RoW, so he's on track for KoW(t) to make the last one fit!)

Brandon Sanderson

I've spoken about it. It's something I wanted to do originally for the series, decided against--then decided to go in for again after I changed the second book's title and picked a one-word title for the third book.

partwalk

That's really cool! So assuming Rhythm of War is the Eshonai/Venli book, the fifth book will be the Szeth book which was tentatively titled Stones Unhallowed. You'll be changing that to something that initializes to KoW?

Brandon Sanderson

The title of the final book will change. I was already uncertain about Stones Unhallowed.

General Reddit 2020 (Feb. 11, 2020)

Not King of WaysKing of Words... Killer of Worlds? I think that's a book name already. Kindness of Worth, Keeper of Woe, Kite of Wrath, Knowledge of Wisdom, Key of Whispers, Kitten of Wrong, Kayak of Wombats, Knot of Wreaths, ...???

@Ripheus23 So I’ve been pondering what the 5th book would be named as well and I was certain that KoW would be Knights of Something — But after reading your post I’m really liking Killer — but I also think that Szeth was only a killer when he was Truthless, and he’s not that anymore. He loathes killing. If it was killer it would have to be about Moash or Skar.

Moash and Skar . . .” He glanced toward the two men. One short, the other tall, they walked the same way, with a smooth gait, dangerous, spears always on their shoulders. They were never without. Of all the men he’d trained in Bridge Four, only these two had instinctively understood. They were killers. Like Kaladin himself.

I’m guessing that since Brandon Sanderson was originally thinking about keteking the titles — that hopefully he has a good idea of what book 5 will be called. I think it’s awesome that he is keteking the initials of the book. 

I also think that the 5th book will be named after an in world book written by a shin. I’m sure what ever the name is — it will be brilliant. 

Edited by JoyBlu

I was thinking about it and always kind of thought it’d be like “Knowledge of Worth” cuz I felt like especially as the last book and Szeth’s flashback book I though the ideas of sacrifice (prices paid) and trust (including in oneself) would be big ones. The only part that makes me wonder is idk if that could be an in-world book and a little part of me thinks that sounds like a self-help book.

Kelp of Wiggles. Krill of Whales. Knurl of Whirls. Kerfluffle of Whiplash.

EDIT: Kettle of Worms, Kaleidoscope of Wishes, Kiosk of Windows, Keel of Wolves, Knell of Wilting, Knee of Wit, Koala of Width, Knife of Worship, Karaoke of Wealth.

Edited by Ripheus23

2 hours ago, Elsebreaker said:

Knights of Wisdom, and it's about the Radiants before the Recreance.

This is the one, in my opinion. I’m expecting a lot of things to be revealed about the prior Radiants in the next two books and this title would fit very well IMO.