I'm Back!

ccstat

It's been almost 18 months since I logged in, so I figured I should drop a line here to say thanks for holding down the fort. Initially I took a break to finish my PhD (turns out that obsessing over online forums can contribute to a detrimental effect on your productivity), but then when I finally graduated I got sucked into the Worm fandom and have been reading and writing way too many fanfics in that community.

If you don't know me from before, I am the proud author of "If Doctor Seuss Wrote the Stormlight Archive" (linked in my sig) and I used to help with the tracking thread (I see several notifications from people tagging me over there, so I'll be trying to belatedly follow up on those things right after this). 

I have a year and a half of WoBs to catch up on, plus I need to read Starsight and anything else that I've been neglecting since then. If you have any favorite or particularly revelatory WoB from the past year, link me to it!

I'm looking forward to being back.

On 6/21/2020 at 0:08 PM, Quitecontrary said:

As a fellow returnee, I welcome you back into the fold.  Let's celebrate with waffles!

Yay waffles!

I swear I recognize your avatar from another forum--are you active on Space Battles or Sufficient Velocity?

Speaking of which, I had somehow forgotten what a wonderful corner of the internet 17S is. I had been back on the site for all of 20 minutes when I suddenly realized that I hadn't come across a bashing post, or a troll, and I didn't expect to. Thank you once again to all of the staff who have somehow cultivated a shockingly friendly culture on this site.

On 24/06/2020 at 0:28 PM, ccstat said:

I swear I recognize your avatar from another forum--are you active on Space Battles or Sufficient Velocity?

Nope. This avatar is only used in three places - the Shard, an Instagram account for my lingerie and poetry addiction, and for a Tumblr account that does the same.