The dark version of the Orders

ZincSpeed

I was thinking about what the “Evil” versions of the Knights Radiant would be. It’s what the orders would look like if they followed a similar approach to the Skybreakers in taking their Oaths too far.

Windrunners: I see this group isolating people from the world so they don’t get hurt.

Skybreakers: Seen it with them not questioning the law.

Dustbringers: Kind of seen it with Malata and them being able to have a less noble goal.

Edgedancers: Hard, maybe they are manipulated by a person who has been forgotten and ignored for good reason, or actively try to hurt those who have not remembered the little people?

Truthwatchers: A cold observation on the truth. Probably like a mad-scientist.

Lightweavers: Maybe the easiest with them only having to accept they are a bad person but can still believe in their cause.

Elsecallers: They might seek perfection at the cost of everything else.

Willshapers: This would turn into a group of anarchists

Stonewards: They can be dependable to the villain acting as their main muscles.

Bondsmith: Uniting Roshar by violence and deceit.

So what do you think, any ideas about how they would look.

28 minutes ago, ZincSpeed said:

So what do you think, any ideas about how they would look.

Windrunners: I see this group isolating people from the world so they don’t get hurt.

Moash

Skybreakers: Seen it with them not questioning the law.

Nale

Dustbringers: Kind of seen it with Malata and them being able to have a less noble goal.

Malata as you said.

29 minutes ago, ZincSpeed said:

Bondsmith: Uniting Roshar by violence and deceit.

Young Dalinar

29 minutes ago, ZincSpeed said:

Willshapers: This would turn into a group of anarchists

Pre Oath Venli

8 hours ago, ZincSpeed said:

I think the Windrunners could certainly become people that completely remove people's freedom to avoid possibility of harm (which is just a rewording of what you said). I also think that they could be a force in enabling villains. If someone is seen as unable to protect themselves, they coulod easily step in, and the "as long as it is right" at the end of "I will protect even those I hate" is ambiguous enough to allow a lot of problems.

10 hours ago, Dunkum said:

Radical Willshapers probably look like the Red Lotus faction from Legend of Korra season 3

I love that example. They are all about freedom from oppression to an excessive level. 

38 minutes ago, Gderu said:

A stoneward I could see holding their beliefs no matter the evidence otherwise. Not listening to evidence because they don't change their beliefs.

Nale could technically be a stoneward in this case too! :D

Truthwatchers: become so infatuated with the truth that they eliminate all privacy in the world. The don’t let people have personal lives or walls to hold up at all. 

You went in a different direction with this, (which is great I like where you went with it) but “dark orders” also makes me think of Renarin and his whole deal, and how each of the different orders would be effected by corrupt spren. (Also, what if Sja-Anat teamed up with with the Radiants to make a certain number of corrupt spren so that those other powers would be a available to the Radiants (like suborders)). 

Edited by Hentient

On 6/19/2020 at 0:32 PM, Hentient said:

You went in a different direction with this, (which is great I like where you went with it) but “dark orders” also makes me think of Renarin and his whole deal, and how each of the different orders would be effected by corrupt spren. (Also, what if Sja-Anat teamed up with with the Radiants to make a certain number of corrupt spren so that those other powers would be a available to the Radiants (like suborders)). 

That would be hard to guess how Sja-Anat would effect them, but it does make me wonder how Spren societies would deal with Sja-Anat corrupting them if he was a good guy.

On 6/18/2020 at 4:32 PM, ZincSpeed said:

Lightweavers: Maybe the easiest with them only having to accept they are a bad person but can still believe in their cause.

I was thinking that they turn their ugliness into art.

Think Sander Cohen from Bioshock.