Cosmere.es site wallpaper planets

Honorless

Question

So I visited https://cosmere.es/, and they have a really cool wallpaper that shows five Shardworlds.

The middle one is Roshar with it's easily recognizable supercontinent, the left one is probably Scadrial during the Final Empire as it's basically a hellscape but I can't figure out the rest of them.

I'm barely a beginner in Spanish, so I can't quite navigate their site either (& not getting great connection in the monsoon season so the auto-translation isn't working well, & I'm slow at tech) If they do answer the question somewhere on the site itself could someone link me to that please?

Screenshot_20200619_122010.png

Edited by R J
Don't speak Spanish > barely a beginner in Spanish so my Spanish teacher doesn't haunt me; added a screenshot

8 answers to this question

Hi!

Thank you Chaos! (he knows I'm usually shy xD) And thank you guys for visiting and the super kind words.

1. So regarding the planets appearing on the video, left to right: Sel, Scadrial, Roshar, Nalthis, and Taldain. This is a screenshot from the first intro video we did some two years ago when we started to think about the YouTube Channel. Actually the planets on the video have some movement, and you can see kind of an aurora on Nalthis that switches colors. Since we don't have actual maps for the rest of the world except half Taldain, those are purely artistic representations. whenever we have the chance, we ask Isaac if we will have more "planet maps" anytime soon xD :_____ (there's never too many maps).
  2. Regarding the constellation map, Sasori, the other co-founder who loves graphic design was more focused on actual distribution than let's say "importance", this is why they are organized maybe a bit different than "expected".
  3. We also have this one which is well, I wouldn't say an infographic, but more like a reminder to the ones who come to the what's the cosmere section. This is the v.2, the older one didn't have the fancy planets on the background. Actually I just noticed we need a v.3, since Nalthis is no longer just a planet, but the system.

graficocon-planeta-de-fondo-2048x1219.jp

Edited by Ysondra

The extreme right is Taldain, I think, as it is an "eyeball" planet that is tidally locked, a landmass on Dayside surrounded by ocean and covered in white sand. The green one next to it might be Nalthis, as it is giving a bit of a "breath" vibe with the green clouds. I think the extreme left one might be First of the Sun due to all the water.

45 minutes ago, Ixthos said:

The extreme right is Taldain, I think, as it is an "eyeball" planet that is tidally locked, a landmass on Dayside surrounded by ocean and covered in white sand. I think the extreme left one might be First of the Sun due to all the water.

That makes sense

45 minutes ago, Ixthos said:

The green one next to it might be Nalthis, as it is giving a bit of a "breath" vibe with the green clouds.

It looks radioactive

I don't speak Spanish either (had a few years of it in school, but can't say I remember much), so I can't say much about the contents, but the presentation is absolutely phenomenal. I stumbled over it only a few weeks ago (at most) and considered making a thread about it but didn't really know what exactly to say. :D The Roshar page is fantastic: https://roshar.cosmere.es/

Technically speaking, it would make a lot of sense for the blue planet on the left to be First of the Sun and the red one maybe Ashyn, since both have the same color in their respective system map depictions. Then again, both planets are fairly unimportant, while other, more important planets would have been left out in that case. Another possibility might be that these are the 5 major shardworlds we have seen on-page and the colors are purely symbolical. Then, it would make the most sense for the red one to be Scadrial, due to the volcanos, the red sun, and rust as a symbol for Ruin. The blue one might be Sel, but the strongest connection between Sel and the color blue I can find is the lake. It definitely has a huge landmass though, just like Sel. I also agree that the green one is probably Nalthis, since the places we've seen from that world have kind of a tropical climate, so it fits thematically. And the right one is probably Taldain, yeah.

Maybe someone on the forums here has been involved in the site and can give more definite answers? :ph34r:

There's also this loose rendition of the constellation map that I found really nice:Constelaciones-mundos-cosmere.jpg 

The effort that went into the page in general is admirable ^_^

The one on the far right is definitely Taldain. If you look closely, the shape of the continent and the rivers we can see even match the existing map of the Dayside

The glowy green planet in between, everything is too obscured, but the other two, I can't find any similarities to known geography on Sel or Scadrial, the only two other Cosmere planets with decent maps. At a guess, far left looks like Sel or Nalthis to me, but who knows.

And my Spanish is not terrible, but I'm not finding the answer anywhere on the site.

Edited by datalaughing