Emperor's soul - does character names change with different editions ?

I just finished the emperor's soul 
Read it from the book  "legion and the emperor's soul "

What I noticed was that all the names in this version was different from the standalone book and the version in arcanum unbound
Wan shailu - shuluxez 
Gaotona- drawigurlurburnur (yes I know  ) 
Ashravan- ashravvy
Frava- frovilliti

Anyone know the reason ? Searching this alternate names don't give any results . 

thats soo strange! 

i think it must be a foreign copy printed in english or something.

i found a copy online and they also spell "women" as "wohmeen" and "manhn" instead of "man"

and "limestone" as "lymbrog"

some other weird ones are "soulmarker" and "soulgem" and "arbeetree" XD

Edited by Eternal Khol

48 minutes ago, Eternal Khol said:

thats soo strange! 

i think it must be a foreign copy printed in english or something.

i found a copy online and they also spell "women" as "wohmeen" and "manhn" instead of "man"

and "limestone" as "lymbrog"

some other weird ones are "soulmarker" and "soulgem" and "arbeetree" XD

Yess my copy had these spellings too ..

IMG_20200617_204817.jpg

IMG_20200617_204802.jpg

@Chaos - Have you seen this thread? Know anything about these weird words in some copies of The Emperor's Soul? I'm hoping it's not some rogue publisher trying to pirate Brandon's books. (I am NOT saying that the person who bought the book did anything wrong - quite the opposite: maybe the company who sold it to them, or maybe that company's supplier, might have been cheated by someone.) Just very weird.

A quick Google search reveals that this file is from a site called you-books.com. The site appears to have a library of ebooks uploaded by the users, then made available free for download. One interesting thing to note is that it asks for ebook uploads to be in .fb2 file format.

Somebody must have combined Legion and The Emperor's Soul into one file, changed all of the the Emperor's Soul names, then uploaded it to you-books. I have no idea for what purpose someone would do that, though.

Edit: I think that you-books.com is Russian site, so it is definitely possible that the name swap was caused by an very odd translation error.

Edited by ChickenLiberty

1 hour ago, ChickenLiberty said:

Somebody must have combined Legion and The Emperor's Soul into one file, changed all of the the Emperor's Soul names, then uploaded it to you-books. I have no idea for what purpose someone would do that, though.

There's actually a combined Legion/Emperor's Soul Gollancz edition so it might have been this that was started with instead of each book individually. 

Eh , ya it's a pirated copy . 

I am a student in not so developed country and can't afford to buy all books I read . So if it means some ban I can understand....

I got this copy from [removed by moderator]

But here is some more information about it because this wierds me out and would like to find some answers . 

Not just the names are changed . As @Eternal Khol  stated man is replaced by mahn , woman by wohmeen . 

Another wierd alteration is some words like should , could , would  and some other words are replaced by "chungt" and a past tense of it . initially I thought this might be some inworld slang like you see in Elantris (kolo)

But this word appears in acknowledgement too .

Another more wierder thing is the dedication in this copy is different from the other editions !! 

It says for 

"For Jim Rustler , whose key lemon pies always brought a smile to my face " instead of being dedicated to Lucie Tuan and sherry Wang

So if this is a altered copy ,then it is done carefully because there were no grammatical errors that stood out. 

@ChickenLiberty@Chaos .

Will post screenshots for this in next post . 

I hope it helps ..

Edited by Chaos