What if the Lord Ruler had weilded Nightblood?

Mat

On 19.06.2020 at 9:26 PM, Karger said:

Also considering Vasher knows about this why would he not get some kind of aluminum glove that lets him use the blade safely?

Simplest explanation is he just cant afford this thing. Aluminum is very rare on every shardworld, except current Scadrial.

4 hours ago, Bzhydack said:

Simplest explanation is he just cant afford this thing. Aluminum is very rare on every shardworld, except current Scadrial.

They managed enough to make Nightblood's sheath.

30 minutes ago, Bzhydack said:

Yep, and maybe they have only enough for this.

If they managed that I see no reason they could not scrounge up a few ounces or even cannibalize part of the sheath.

On 6/20/2020 at 9:13 AM, robardin said:

Well NB still poofed a section of the floor when cast aside, unless that was a residual effect from having recently been held (he was thrown by hand, after all). And maybe that explains why no further parts of the floor or wall got "puffed away" and he just rested quietly, if unsheathed, in the corner. 

I would think that would be Nightblood converting matter into investiture.

On 6/18/2020 at 0:39 PM, robardin said:

Well we do see from Vasher's POV of wielding Nightblood in Warbreaker that it was eating his stockpile of Breath faster and faster the longer he wielded it. But was Nightblood also getting more powerful as a result, or is Nightblood's strength simply a matter of all the Investiture already sucked into it? I guess that's kind of the same thing, in the end.

So the Shards are kind of wary of Nightblood, and he has more investiture than when he was created (nvm, that's a RAFO. But I subscribe to that theory)so, I'm thinking that NB grows more powerful. 

Questioner

It seems like [Nightblood] takes Breaths at kind of an exponential rate. So, if you were trying to draw Nightblood in a perpendicularity, would it collapse at some point?

Brandon Sanderson

That is RAFO... that is a RAFO, but yes, it's a good question to be asking.

Footnote: Brandon has said before that Nightblood would be able to collapse a perpendicularity.
Tel Aviv Signing (Oct. 18, 2019)

I feel like this is what you were mentioning, and I think that it somewhat supports my theory too. 

14 hours ago, Frustration said:
  On 6/20/2020 at 11:13 AM, robardin said:

Well NB still poofed a section of the floor when cast aside, unless that was a residual effect from having recently been held (he was thrown by hand, after all). And maybe that explains why no further parts of the floor or wall got "puffed away" and he just rested quietly, if unsheathed, in the corner. 

So this does bode well for the question about dropping NB blade down onto a planet

• 4 months later...