1. 1. How long have you been playing?

• 0-1 years
    • 1-2 years
    • 3-5 years
    • 5-7 years
    • 7-10 years
    • 10+ years

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. This is a thing. Well, yes @Matrim's Dice, I do play. I will have played for 12 years in October. I have played in musicals and bands, and right now I'm learning one of Chopin's Etude's which is really fun. I also really like to sight read, and am quite good at it and can read most any music. I'm really bad a theory though, and just picked that up again, so that's fun. Ish.

1 minute ago, revelryintheart said:

I can't believe some people willing take AP music theory. I've heard it has the hardest test.

My choir teacher teaches AP music theory, and I'm sure she'd make it super fun, so I've considered taking it. I don't play piano super often, and I'm definitely not the greatest at it, but I do understand music theory, and I enjoy singing 24/7.

Also, it seems like AP teachers always say their course has the hardest test.

That, and it seems like no matter what AP class you bring up in a group, at least one person will say, "Oh, that one has the hardest test."

Just now, DramaQueen said:

My choir teacher teaches AP music theory, and I'm sure she'd make it super fun, so I've considered taking it. I don't play piano super often, and I'm definitely not the greatest at it, but I do understand music theory, and I enjoy singing 24/7.

Also, it seems like AP teachers always say their course has the hardest test.

That, and it seems like no matter what AP class you bring up in a group, at least one person will say, "Oh, that one has the hardest test."

Yeah my choir teacher is the AP music theory teacher. I really like her for choir, but my friends who have taken music theory say that she just had them do worksheets.

My AP psych teacher straight up said that the test is easy. But yeah most teachers do say their test is hard.

I've heard that the hardest tests are music theory and language tests

Music theory is so cooool! I really like knowing things. It is also very helpful for composing, which I like experimenting with. Stuff like the four chord loop and the secret of the 13th note is so fun! I want do get some theory lessons, but I have a lot I need to do right now, so I’m sad.

I do not play. I dearly want to though. I'm just struggling to fit lessons into my daily life. (or not daily)

But it's definitely on my bucket list. (hopefully i'll check it off before i get too close to kicking the bucket) ^_^

Eventually i want to be able to play my favorite Zelda songs as well as LoTR and well a lot of things. I think you guys get it. (I am a nerd ;) and proud to be one)

18 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Music theory is so cooool! I really like knowing things. It is also very helpful for composing, which I like experimenting with. Stuff like the four chord loop and the secret of the 13th note is so fun! I want do get some theory lessons, but I have a lot I need to do right now, so I’m sad.

13th note???