Dreams about Cosmere/Sanderson

This afternoon I took a nap and dreamed that I was at the Rhythm of War release party. It was in a room like a movie theater, completely dark except a projected screen at the front, except way bigger than a normal movie theater, and for some reason Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson (along with multiple other celebrities I can't remember) were there. They projected the Rhythm of War cover up on the screen and it was awful. It had a real life picture of a lady in a brown and yellow dress and had "Rhythm of War" in that default cursive script you find on every computer, and each word of the title was a different color (also browns and yellows) to make it legible against the different colors in the picture background, but it was still weird and hard to read. It really looked terrible. I remember thinking "Why didn't they choose a different background image than that real life one?" and then chiding myself, thinking the designers knew much more about this than I did.

This is the closest approximation I can make of it (it looks like a regency romance lolll)

5ee6ea86f1986_RhythmofWar.thumb.png.2b528d1d68461958868aeea8647d52c9.png

Brandon went up to do a little talk and he made a joke about what would happen if the fae hypothetically attacked the audience for some reason and used puppets (?) to make his point. It was kind of funny at first but then he kept going with it and made it into this weird extended metaphor, and it got awkward as people were like "how long is he going to keep going with this..." After that I realized my phone was low battery and left the room to go get a charger, and the rest of the dream shifted to something different.

What other funny or interesting dreams about Sanderson stuff have you guys had?

That sounds a lot like Brandon was part of a plot to have fae attack the audience... 

Anyway, I have dreams including Sanderson and Shard stuff constantly, so it’ll be cool to have somewhere for them! 

6 minutes ago, Cynicalwindmill said:

Ha, maybe! Nice profile pic by the way

Ayy thanks, I’ll probably change it after June, but I love the flag colors. Also dragon. I don’t know who yours is, but they look like they’re doing something epic. 

Yes! I have a place to share my weird cosmere dreams!

This was just after I had finished the Mistborn trilogy, and I dreamed that I was in a small town, far out in the country. As I entered, Vin and Elend were ballroom dancing on a roof. I ignored them and wandered into this barn, where Kelsier was running a store. I think he was selling hay? I ran up and hugged him, but as I looked up at him I saw it was an imposter, so I ran outside and Shallan was waiting there. She told me that Adolin had gotten stuck in a pig pen and led me to him. I can’t remember anything more than that, unfortunately. 

Ok, so litterally EVERY of my dreams are weird  (but this one is one of less strange)

One time Brandon Sanderson walked lik it was nothing into my house (this was one of my rarre dreams in English) and said hello to my dad. I was like: WHATTTTTTT!!!??? And Brandon told me that he met my dad in one of my dad's prezentations about his startup. So we had a great time and then actually me, somebody (I dont remember who) and Brandon teleported into a game. So, we played it but then my dream was over and I awoke. That's all

Hah! Two nights ago I had a dream that one of the mods (I forget who, it might have been Mestiv) was writing a book called The Word of Brandon. For whatever reason I knew this mod in person, and I was trying to help him out, but he had to use this really clunky typewriter thing so it took forever. There was also another mod, but he didn’t do much except (maybe) mow the lawn.

8 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

There was also another mod, but he didn’t do much except (maybe) mow the lawn.

Pfffft :lol: 

I’d also read that, with duplicates and irrelevant WoBs removed. 

8 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Irrelavent WoBs? I don’t believe in them.

Like the theories that have been proven wrong and don’t contain new information that isn’t already known, ones where Brandon misunderstands the question and doesn’t give a correct answer, duplicates (there are a lot), “when is this book coming out” questions, ones where he explains cosmere knowledge to people asking who Hoid is etc., stuff like that. The type of thing you skip over when you read Arcanum. 

Edited by AonEne

12 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Like the theories that have been proven wrong and don’t contain new information that isn’t already known, ones where Brandon misunderstands the question and doesn’t give a correct answer, duplicates (there are a lot), “when is this book coming out” questions, ones where he explains cosmere knowledge to people asking who Hoid is etc., stuff like that. The type of thing you skip over when you read Arcanum. 

Ahh forgive me, my impression of Wesley from Princess Bride doesn’t carry over so well in text. Insert R.O.U.Ses instead of irrelevant WoBs, and it will make much more sense:P

I've had several Sanderson related dreams...

When I was in middle school, I dreamed that he came to my school and for some reason had a signing there. I was practically the only person there. (Everything also had a really weird pinkish orange tint).

I was using Lashings. Not flying. Falling through the air. It was awesome. (I don't really have dreams like that anymore. I used to dream about flying a lot. Now my dreams mostly reflect what my anxiety is currently freaking out about. I had a great one once where I could fly and I saved my elementary school from a dragon).

I went to a signing, did really well in the beginning, then lost it. (Anxiety attack while talking to Brandon Sanderson. I still don't know how I feel about the fact that this is what I worry about).

I know for a fact that there have been others with some Cosmere elements. My dreams are either really bizarre or terrifying, and I don't want to have a dream about the Cosmere that falls into the second category. Not fun. *shudder*

So this was more about the Shard, but it was still an odd dream. One of the first dreams I’ve actually remembered in a while. I was standing outside a building called “The Longest Thread Office.” I went inside and @xinoehp512 was sitting behind a desk. He directed me to these double doors and opened them, and @AonEne greeted me, before pushing me down a rainbow. I reached the bottom and @Emi threw a stick at me and told me we had to fight the mimes. I asked her where the mimes were coming from and she told me that “The Last Post Wins Office” was sending them. We kept fighting for a while, and then the scene changed (do dreams have scenes?) and I was standing in an office in a line. @Truthless of Shinovar and @Nathrangkingwere standing next to me, and I asked them what was happening, but they just kept on replying with “*wins*”. The doors opened, and @Lunamor and @R J entered the office. They told us that the Mistborn movie was short on actors so we were the replacements. I was assigned the role of an inquisitor, and was given some pieces of paper to tape over my eyes, as my spikes. Then R J turned to me and said “you’re a salad! You can’t be an inquisitor!”, so I threw some lettuce at him, which somehow proved that I could be an inquisitor.

Then the dream shifted into other, non-shard, non-cosmere stuff. 

(to everyone who was mentioned, you all looked like regular humans except your heads were replaced with your profile pictures) 

Edited by The Awakened Salad

On 6/27/2020 at 2:59 PM, The Awakened Salad said:

(to everyone who was mentioned, you all looked like regular humans except your heads were replaced with your profile pictures) 

Wait... the person or the wolf? Or my previous profile pic? Also what was I wearing, do you remember?

Strangely enough, I've never had a Cosmere dream/nightmare. It's weird because I usually do have dreams about stuff that I read, watch, also for some reason places I visited recently no matter how briefly, but nevermind that. I'll take it as a divine sign that I need to reread Cosmere even more.

Edited by R J

32 minutes ago, R J said:

Wait... the person or the wolf? Or my previous profile pic? Also what was I wearing, do you remember?

It was your entire current picture, like a 2D disc, attached to your neck. (I don’t think anyone actually had a proper face or a 3D head :huh:) I can’t remember what you were wearing, except I think you might’ve had a scarf. Luna was in an apron, Xino was wearing a grey suit, Truthless and Nath were wearing some sort of worker uniform I think, and I have no clue what Ene and Emi were wearing. 

Edited by The Awakened Salad

2 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

So this was more about the Shard, but it was still an odd dream. One of the first dreams I’ve actually remembered in a while. I was standing outside a building called “The Longest Thread Office.” I went inside and @xinoehp512 was sitting behind a desk. He directed me to these double doors and opened them, and @AonEne greeted me, before pushing me down a rainbow. I reached the bottom and @Emi threw a stick at me and told me we had to fight the mimes. I asked her where the mimes were coming from and she told me that “The Last Post Wins Office” was sending them. We kept fighting for a while, and then the scene changed (do dreams have scenes?) and I was standing in an office in a line. @Truthless of Shinovar and @Nathrangkingwere standing next to me, and I asked them what was happening, but they just kept on replying with “*wins*”. The doors opened, and @Lunamor and @R J entered the office. They told us that the Mistborn movie was short on actors so we were the replacements. I was assigned the role of an inquisitor, and was given some pieces of paper to tape over my eyes, as my spikes. Then R J turned to me and said “you’re a salad! You can’t be an inquisitor!”, so I threw some lettuce at him, which somehow proved that I could be an inquisitor.

Then the dream shifted into other, non-shard, non-cosmere stuff. 

This is freakin amazing. I think it nails just about everyone you mentioned. The best part is that you could distinguish that Nathranking and I were saying “*wins*” and not just “wins”.