New to the shard!

Holy Kayak

11 minutes ago, Mist said:

Welcome! Do you like to kayak?

What's your favorite magic system? 

I was just goofing around trying to think of a username for the 17th shard and seeing as palindromes seem to be holy in Roshar I thought I would pick that, plus the holy Ketek poetry they love so much haha. Kayaking is fun, I just don't do it often.

I love the magic system on Scadrial. I think the different combinations of compounders is really interesting to read. And the fact that some allomancers etc that can only burn one type of metal tend to master that ability to such a level of perfection they can sometimes surpass even a full mistborn.

That being said, once all 10 orders of the Knights Radiant are back in action we might see some spectacular stuff!

13 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Welcome to the 17th Shard!

What's your favorite book?  (Doesn't have to be Cosmere)

Yikes, my favourite book tends to be whatever I'm reading at that time haha. It wouldnt even try and pick one.

I did read the red rising series recently before starting stormlight again. I didn't think I would've enjoyed it, as I stick to fantasy, but it's a fantasy series masquerading as a sci-fi. It was fast paced and very exciting

7 minutes ago, Holy Kayak said:

Yikes, my favourite book tends to be whatever I'm reading at that time haha. It wouldnt even try and pick one.

I did read the red rising series recently before starting stormlight again. I didn't think I would've enjoyed it, as I stick to fantasy, but it's a fantasy series masquerading as a sci-fi. It was fast paced and very exciting

It sounds good!  I've heard a good things about it, but I'm not sure if I should pick it up or not, because I'm worried about language and stuff like that.  Would you recommend it?

5 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

It sounds good!  I've heard a good things about it, but I'm not sure if I should pick it up or not, because I'm worried about language and stuff like that.  Would you recommend it?

If language is an issue for you then I don't think this series will be for you. I thoroughly enjoyed it but looking back there is quite a bit of cussing. Definitely different from Sanderson's style

2 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

I love Red Rising! Sevro is Kind of my favorite character ever.

Spoiler

Thoughts on Roque? he's a hot topic of debate with my family

15 minutes ago, Hentient said:

I love Red Rising! Sevro is Kind of my favorite character ever.

Reveal hidden contents

Thoughts on Roque? he's a hot topic of debate with my family

Sevro is quite the boyo! The howlers in general are one of my favourite kind of squads. 

Spoiler

With Roque it was really quite sad. I loved the early days with him, Darrow and Cassius as three bonded brothers, but unfortunately it wasn't to be. Kind of breaks your heart when the betrayal comes. 

I kind of liked him, but he was too old timey Gold! Was never going to accept his 'red brother'

16 minutes ago, Holy Kayak said:

Sevro is quite the boyo! The howlers in general are one of my favourite kind of squads. 

Reveal hidden contents

With Roque it was really quite sad. I loved the early days with him, Darrow and Cassius as three bonded brothers, but unfortunately it wasn't to be. Kind of breaks your heart when the betrayal comes. 

I kind of liked him, but he was too old timey Gold! Was never going to accept his 'red brother'

As fans we are honorary Howlers ^_^

Spoiler

Yea, he was kinda like Thistle, but when it came down to it Thistle knew she was wrong. My brother loves Roque though because he was *Ahem* Following his own set of morals adn protecting his people, just like Darrow. The sad thing is, he knew that the society would treat him like trash, but he fought for them anyway.

3 minutes ago, Hentient said:

As fans we are honorary Howlers ^_^

Hide contents

Yea, he was kinda like Thistle, but when it came down to it Thistle knew she was wrong. My brother loves Roque though because he was *Ahem* Following his own set of morals adn protecting his people, just like Darrow. The sad thing is, he knew that the society would treat him like trash, but he fought for them anyway.

I was having dreams I was a howler for a couple days, was pretty sweet!

Spoiler

You hit the nail on the head with Roque! And Thistle who? Haha

Pierce Brown really likes to kill off amazing characters. I seen a Q&A and he said he already had huge plot points for Pax before his untimely demise, such a shame

1 minute ago, Holy Kayak said:

I was having dreams I was a howler for a couple days, was pretty sweet!

Hide contents

You hit the nail on the head with Roque! And Thistle who? Haha

Pierce Brown really likes to kill off amazing characters. I seen a Q&A and he said he already had huge plot points for Pax before his untimely demise, such a shame

I just want a wolf pelt

Spoiler

Thistle was a howler who switched sides and became a bone rider... might have gotten her name wrong but yea.

Actually funny story with pax (you might know it). For that scene Pierce didn’t know who he wanted to die so he put everyone’s name in a hat and randomly picked. (He got sevro first but redrew cause Sevro is to awesome to die) 

9 hours ago, Hentient said:

I just want a wolf pelt

Hide contents

Thistle was a howler who switched sides and became a bone rider... might have gotten her name wrong but yea.

Actually funny story with pax (you might know it). For that scene Pierce didn’t know who he wanted to die so he put everyone’s name in a hat and randomly picked. (He got sevro first but redrew cause Sevro is to awesome to die) 

I know, the wolf pelt is the mark of a howler.

Spoiler

In Dark Ages when Lysander seen Darrow emerge from the storm, wolf cloak blowing in the wind and howling it painted an epic picture in my mind.

I know who Thistle is haha, but when she betrays the howlers Sevro and Co refuse to acknowledge her any longer, when she comes up in conversation, Sevro asks 'who?'

I've heard about the hat of death lol