Hello my invested people! Also: Help?

Tekiny

Hi Guys, since I have to announce my existence via creating this (so, hi! I exist! ), I thought I'd also pose an urgent question: When crating my account, instead of putting a shoe on my head, I did this with a slipper. Of course, I yodeled my hardest and poorest but is my soul safe? I'd rather not discover it being sold for a bagel. Please help!

I'm considering my posting cherry popped now

All hail Adonalsium

PS.: I have realized that I apparently did this wrong. So, hi everyone, I'm Tekiny, 19 Years old german cosmere-lover. I have read every book of Brandon that got published here in Germany but since I am impatient as hell and conveniently speak and read English good enough, I proceed to consume everything Cosmere-related directly from the souce, so to speak. Really looking forward to Stormlight 4 and definitely not willing to wait for german translators to get into action. 

Edited by Tekiny

2 minutes ago, Mist said:

Welcome! I would say that a slipper should be fine. I'm glad you read the terms before signing up. 

What have you read? 

Thanks! That really calms me down.

I read all 3 Stormlight books, currently on my reread on Mistborn era 2, I read Warbreaker and Elantis years ago and I read one or the other short story (arcanum unbounded).

14 minutes ago, Tekiny said:

I yodeled my hardest and poorest but is my soul safe?

A slipper is a kind of indoor shoe that slips easily on and off your foot. ... A more old fashioned kind of slipper was a dress shoe that slipped on the foot, rather than being buckled or buttoned—like Cinderella's glass slipper. The word comes from the fact that you can slip a slipper on or off easily.

Also welcome!

43 minutes ago, Mist said:

Welcome! I would say that a slipper should be fine. I'm glad you read the terms before signing up. 

What have you read? 

Which Brandon books have you read? Do you have by chance a favourite one?

5 hours ago, R J said:

Welcome to the Shard! You fulfilled the terms of contract, your soul is safe, so long as you can prove that you really did fulfilled the terms of contract and aren't just saying it :)

Oh. I just thought the Admins would know this with their divine knowledge. I needed proof?

On 6/14/2020 at 11:42 PM, Tekiny said:

Hi Guys, since I have to announce my existence via creating this (so, hi! I exist! ), I thought I'd also pose an urgent question: When crating my account, instead of putting a shoe on my head, I did this with a slipper. Of course, I yodeled my hardest and poorest but is my soul safe? I'd rather not discover it being sold for a bagel. Please help!

I'm considering my posting cherry popped now

All hail Adonalsium

PS.: I have realized that I apparently did this wrong. So, hi everyone, I'm Tekiny, 19 Years old german cosmere-lover. I have read every book of Brandon that got published here in Germany but since I am impatient as hell and conveniently speak and read English good enough, I proceed to consume everything Cosmere-related directly from the souce, so to speak. Really looking forward to Stormlight 4 and definitely not willing to wait for german translators to get into action. 

Hello and welcome!
I am from Germany, too. I'm impatient as well plus reading it in the original is so satisfying I've read all of Brandons books in English so far. How were the German versions though? I saw they had translated the Stormlight Archive last summer...

To be honest, I cannot say how happy I am that someone else back home has read his books!!

1 hour ago, Selesria said:

Hello and welcome!
I am from Germany, too. I'm impatient as well plus reading it in the original is so satisfying I've read all of Brandons books in English so far. How were the German versions though? I saw they had translated the Stormlight Archive last summer...

To be honest, I cannot say how happy I am that someone else back home has read his books!!

Thanks for the welcome!

I'd say the translation is good but considering that RoW willl be my first english stormlight book, I can't really say. They were good enough to found my love for Brandon's books though.But now I'm too impatient to wait for the translation. It would torture me to wait until the TWO german books are released. 

It's really hard, isn't it? Brandon is so unfairly unknown in Germany! I could count the number of Sanderson fans I know on my hand! But it's really satisfying when you meet another fan in person. About two years ago, I went to the town hall to get apprval for my drivers license and, because I rightly expected to wait a fair bit, I took my "Stürme des Zorns" (or Words of radiance .5) and read. It was really an experience when the guy I sat next to started to talked to me and I think we talked about an hour about the cosmere.

How did you get into the cosmere?

5 hours ago, Tekiny said:

Thanks for the welcome!

I'd say the translation is good but considering that RoW willl be my first english stormlight book, I can't really say. They were good enough to found my love for Brandon's books though.But now I'm too impatient to wait for the translation. It would torture me to wait until the TWO german books are released. 

It's really hard, isn't it? Brandon is so unfairly unknown in Germany! I could count the number of Sanderson fans I know on my hand! But it's really satisfying when you meet another fan in person. About two years ago, I went to the town hall to get apprval for my drivers license and, because I rightly expected to wait a fair bit, I took my "Stürme des Zorns" (or Words of radiance .5) and read. It was really an experience when the guy I sat next to started to talked to me and I think we talked about an hour about the cosmere.

How did you get into the cosmere?

Got ya, well I'm excited to hear what you think of RoW then :)

It is quite sad, I've been trying to convince some of my friends to read them but I feel very self-conscious when I go on and on about the Stormlight Archive and Brandon's books in general. They are just so good, I don't understand why he is not that popular around here. But that's a cool story! (Wish that would happen to me)

I am doing my bachelor's degree in the US and needed a new book to read. I've had TWoK in my hand before but didn't go for it, I'm already spending way too much money on books, but then I finally got it and I was hooked. I'm now reading first era Mistborn, not even sure those are available in German yet...

How exactly did you discover Brandon? Did you just pick it up in the book store?

10 minutes ago, Selesria said:

Got ya, well I'm excited to hear what you think of RoW then :)

It is quite sad, I've been trying to convince some of my friends to read them but I feel very self-conscious when I go on and on about the Stormlight Archive and Brandon's books in general. They are just so good, I don't understand why he is not that popular around here. But that's a cool story! (Wish that would happen to me)

I am doing my bachelor's degree in the US and needed a new book to read. I've had TWoK in my hand before but didn't go for it, I'm already spending way too much money on books, but then I finally got it and I was hooked. I'm now reading first era Mistborn, not even sure those are available in German yet...

How exactly did you discover Brandon? Did you just pick it up in the book store?

A friend of mine actually forced me to read the books. One time we met he handed me TWoK and said: "You're gonna read this." I'm not one to easily convince to read a book, not because I don't like reading but because I'm ultra hyper mega picky. So he literally guilted me for 2 weeks straight into reading it. And when I got to the triple digits page mark, I couldn't stop. 

I was in fact so hooked, that when I saw that I would have read TWoK before going on holiday, I texted him at night: "Hey, book is good, we're going on vacation but I have TWoK finished." And he let me pick up the other 3 books. I spent a whole week just reading.

Also yes, all 6 Mistborn books are available in Germany. Where in the story are you right now (So I don't spoil) and what are you thinking?

52 minutes ago, Tekiny said:

A friend of mine actually forced me to read the books. One time we met he handed me TWoK and said: "You're gonna read this." I'm not one to easily convince to read a book, not because I don't like reading but because I'm ultra hyper mega picky. So he literally guilted me for 2 weeks straight into reading it. And when I got to the triple digits page mark, I couldn't stop. 

I was in fact so hooked, that when I saw that I would have read TWoK before going on holiday, I texted him at night: "Hey, book is good, we're going on vacation but I have TWoK finished." And he let me pick up the other 3 books. I spent a whole week just reading.

Also yes, all 6 Mistborn books are available in Germany. Where in the story are you right now (So I don't spoil) and what are you thinking?

Haha that's funny but obviously your friend had the right recommendation for you :D might have to do the same with my friends

I just started the Hero of Ages, just a couple pages in. Oh, thanks for the tip, might get one of those as a birthday present for my friend ;)

9 minutes ago, Selesria said:

Haha that's funny but obviously your friend had the right recommendation for you :D might have to do the same with my friends

I just started the Hero of Ages, just a couple pages in. Oh, thanks for the tip, might get one of those as a birthday present for my friend ;)

Oh, you're in for a treat! I'd say that the Mistborn books have one of my favourite magic systems in the cosmere. Have fun!
And you're welcome :) Birthday present sounds like a good idea! Gotta spread the holy words!

4 hours ago, Tekiny said:

Oh, you're in for a treat! I'd say that the Mistborn books have one of my favourite magic systems in the cosmere. Have fun!
And you're welcome :) Birthday present sounds like a good idea! Gotta spread the holy words!

Oh I know, read the first book in maybe 3 days and the second was great too. I'm kinda worried about the main characters though at this point, scared something's gonna happen to them. Gotta convince myself to keep on reading ;)

I'm will spread the word, somehow! :D

43 minutes ago, Selesria said:

Oh I know, read the first book in maybe 3 days and the second was great too. I'm kinda worried about the main characters though at this point, scared something's gonna happen to them. Gotta convince myself to keep on reading ;)

I'm will spread the word, somehow! :D

Keep reading. It's worth it! 

I think, sneaking them in as a birthday present would count as spreading the holy words pretty efficiently ;)