The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

• 1 month later...
  • Channelknight Fadran changed the title to The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around!

Queen sat down on the end of her bed, feeling out-of-place in her old home. She looked around at the pictures and memories on the walls, smothered by the ghost of who she used to be. Her eyes landed on a journal sitting on her nightstand. She hesitantly picked it up, then flipped it open to the most recent entry, from more than three years prior.

I'm engaged!

It read, immediately sending a pang through Queen's heart. She forced herself to keep going.

Journey proposed to me today, then convinced me to do something even crazier than marrying him: we're going to search for the Artifacts. We're leaving tonight, so I really should be packing instead of writing, but as I'm not planning on taking my journal with me, I wanted to leave one last entry. It'll be dangerous, but if it might save the world, I think it's well worth it. Bye!

Queen smiled faintly at the naivety of her younger self, then picked up a pen. After scribbling in the corner to make sure it worked, she took a breath and started to write.

Adventuring isn't all it's cracked up to be. It had its moments of wonder and magic, but the risk of loss hurts more than the wonder could ever be worth.

Page after page filled up with her stories. She explained how Journey had been killed, how she met Tchanta, and, of course, her time with the Fellowship of the Thing, and especially Fadran. Journey had somehow returned - even he hadn't been able to explain how - but it hadn't lasted. All it gave them was time for some closure.

After Journey died for a second time, the adventure lost its spark. That's not to say that I wanted to leave - I just knew that if I didn't, I'd only make it harder. 

She rubbed her eyes, cursing the tears that were forming.

I know I did the right thing, but it still hurts. I still miss it, miss them. Miss him. Sometimes I regret leaving, but I think it will be good for all of us. Fadran probably has his pocket dimension set up; I bet more people are coming to replace me and the others that left. For now, I'm just going to live. As normally as possible. I've had enough of heartbreak to last me a long time, so that's not something I'll be looking for at all. Of course, it wasn't what I was looking for when I found Journey or Fadran, and those still happened, so who knows? Mostly, though, I'll be trying to move on. I'm back home and my parents are the same as I remembered, but Reg and Penny are so much older. Penny hardly remembered me. I don't want to leave them again; I'll be content here. I just hope the Fellowship is safe. I hope they don't forget me. I hope they know I'm cheering them on, however many worlds or eons away they might be.

I'm so glad tFotT is being revived for a season two!! Unfortunately, I won't be able to join, but I didn't want Queen to leave without any explanation, so I wrote this. She's back in her world, trying to start over, in her own way, and that's kind of what I'll be doing off of the Shard, too. I'll still check in every so often, but I definitely won't be super active.

Good luck, love you all, and don't die.

• Channelknight Fadran changed the title to The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)
  • 5 months later...