Channelknight Fadran

the fellowship of the thing
The Fellowship of the Thing (I'm bored. Let's mess around!)

15,248 posts in this topic

"The most prevalent nearest here is universally-local. There's a type of crystal that can generate a level of attractive force akin to gravity; hence why pretty much everyone lives on little slabs of rocks adrift in space. It's not something that can be individually-controlled, though. But it can be installed into machinery and weapons to create with all sorts of nasty effects."

Echo Six nodded and created a rough picture of a crystal gun.

Echo Three snapped his fingers. "A map of the planet. You have that, right?"

"A bodgy one, but yeah. Though I'd have to get it from the leaders here."

"How long would that take?" Echo Three sighed. "Never mind. If it's bad, It'd be better to do it ourselves. Echo Four, do you feel like going on an adventure?"

Echo Four's eyes lit up, and he shot through the ceiling.

"He will fly around the world. Echo Six, you make note of everything he sees."

What does Echo Four see?

An... awful lot of anti-aircraft weaponry.

What is the layout of the colony? Where are the cities, where are the gates to other universes, where is everything in regards to the camp?

Is it alright if I go back and edit my character a little bit? Wanna give him a bit more power. He’ll have a jade circle hanging around his neck instead of copper.

First of all: I'm not entirely sure

Second of all: I'm not a huge fan of the idea that one person could collect information for the entire world

Just now, #1 Taln Fan said:

Go for it

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

First of all: I'm not entirely sure

Second of all: I'm not a huge fan of the idea that one person could collect information for the entire world

Why not? He is a ghost, so he can go essentially anywhere.

Yeah. Exactly. Invincibility paired with infinite observational capability changes the premise from "ragtag group of adventurers making a stand" to "we know everything and will strike immediately"

Yeah limitations are what make things more interesting.

Just knowing what the challenges are won't automatically allow the characters to defeat them. It's still a super-powerful Empire. 

I guess so. And this really isn't my RP. I get freaked out by the stuff that come in conflict with my ideas, but I shouldn't be DMing or railroading at all.

So yeah. Follow through with what you wanna follow through with, and so as long as you aren't "I found the exhaust port!" or anything then we should be good here.

Well, what do you have designed about the colony?

Very little. I've always pictured them as sorta-suburban areas, all generally walled off from each other. Interaction between colonies is certainly allowed, but under regulations and supervision.

5 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"What do you mean?"

"It's hard to keep track of the empire because all the bits are moving, right? What if we made a map that showed all the bits moving? What if all the ink bits on the map were linked to the stars they represented?"

"It's... not moving in any physical way."

19 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"It's... not moving in any physical way."

"So why can't they have maps?"

"Because the Macrosmos isn't mappable."

Is this sort of an ever-evolving RP that is joinable midway? if yes will edit this post with my character and try to hop in at a narratively convenient time

Yep! Anyone can join

7 hours ago, CryoZenith said:

There's no way we could've kept an RP alive for over 600 pages if it wasn't mid-joinable. Pop in whenever you want!

EmLee put down her book and started listening to Fadran's and the Echo's conversation thoughtfully.

"I think I may have a way of gaining some information, though it probably won't work," she said.

Cryo stumbled upon EmLee, Fadran and Echo talking as he was walking about. His powers gave him a sort of ad hoc intuition about where he needed to be, where world-changing events were coalescing or about to coalesce, but were annoyingly unhelpful on the details. He did notice the somewhat secretive tone of the conversation, but not much more. Well, this usually works, Cryo pondered, so here goes:

"Hey y'all, you know where I can find the nearest bathroom?"

51 minutes ago, CryoZenith said:

Cryo stumbled upon EmLee, Fadran and Echo talking as he was walking about. His powers gave him a sort of ad hoc intuition about where he needed to be, where world-changing events were coalescing or about to coalesce, but were annoyingly unhelpful on the details. He did notice the somewhat secretive tone of the conversation, but not much more. Well, this usually works, Cryo pondered, so here goes:

"Hey y'all, you know where I can find the nearest bathroom?"

EmLee startled at the appearance of the new person, but was not altogether surprised- after all, things like this happened often near the Fellowship. “Oh, it’s over there.” She pointed in the direction of the bathroom door.