The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Faaaaaaaaadran.

"What?"

Queen's passing a note to you.

He grinned. "Great."

Fadran reached out his hand a little ways, focusing his mind into the Scape and feeling at Icona's presence. He was well-practiced in this sort of thing, so the letter fell into his hand in just a few moments.

@DramaQueen

This is what it says:

Spoiler

Fadran, you flicking genius!

I kind of assumed you'd find a way for us to keep in touch, but this is *incredible!*

Right now, we're in a swelteringly hot car with someone Martin knows, and we're on our way to...actually, I'm not completely sure what we're doing. I've been a little out of it lately and Martin's contact definitely isn't explaining anything. She's a bit rude and vague. But everyone's doing alright, so all is well here on Earth.

Ayia's turning out to be a much better person and friend than I expected her to be. I think I might've been a little predisposed against her just because she's your ex, which isn't something I should've judged her by. She keeps trying to read this over my shoulder and wants me to tell you that she'll be your Best Man, my Maid of Honor, *and* the officiator of our wedding, if we ever get around to getting married.

I love you! Please stay safe. Don't let any of those new folks turn against you, and don't put yourself in any unnecessary danger.

Xoxo (is that too cheesy?)

(Your) Queen 

Now I actually do kind of know what's going on, but she didn't when she wrote this so yeah

59 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

He turned to face her. "Oh yeah?" The man raised his hand and snapped his fingers as he Narrated, not breaking eye contact with his girlfriend. "Sprite appeared in Silver's hand."

As he finished speaking, a ball of the bubbly liquid appeared just on top of his finger tips. It swirled and danced with graceful motions for the slightest second before collapsing at his touch. The soda drenched the Narrator's hand and splashed all across the floor. Shaking his hand, Silver raised an eyebrow. "And that is why I have trust issues."

In the blink of an eye, Echo Two was there. The scratches over his eyes flickered like a TV with a broken antenna.

1 hour ago, Tani said:

"Is it a being of Order?" Tvora asks.

"Yes," replied Echo Four. "...Mostly."

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"It's a Resistance hideout. A place for us anti-evil-empire folks." Fadran gestured around. "In a broader sense, we're in Colony Fourteen."

"Colony Fourteen," repeated Echo Four. "Is that the planet, the whole universe, or..."

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"It's a piece of an artificial planet. The Empire has a whole bunch of these." Fadran racked his brain for a moment. "The universe is... uhh... I don't think the locals have named it at all. Outsiders refer to this place as 'The Colonies.' Those who know about it, anyways."

"A piece of a planet?"

"Yeah, it's... a bit convoluted. The locals here can be pretty dangerous if they mix together, so the Clan seperated them all as much as possible. Where there's more than one colony on an island, they're seperated by walls. Where there isn't, the only way to get between is via spaceship; but pretty much all of those are controlled by the Clan." Fadran shrugged. "Everything here is controlled by the Clan."

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Yeah, it's... a bit convoluted. The locals here can be pretty dangerous if they mix together, so the Clan seperated them all as much as possible. Where there's more than one colony on an island, they're seperated by walls. Where there isn't, the only way to get between is via spaceship; but pretty much all of those are controlled by the Clan." Fadran shrugged. "Everything here is controlled by the Clan."

"What is the Clan? Who are these locals?"

29 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"What is the Clan? Who are these locals?"

"The Fenon Clan is the actual name for the evil empire we've been talking about."

11 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"All fascinating questions," Silver chimed in. "But if you'll excuse my language, how the blazes do they make planets if they can't Narrate?" He glanced around worriedly. "They can't . . . Right? Did I miss something?"

"Most places have their own types of magic." Fadran coated his hand in a cold flame. "Like so."

"This is a pretty biologically diverse place. Lots of species of intelligent peoples. But the magic's heavily suppressed, except in those who join the government." Fadran snuffed out his hand. "I'm an Arcane Mage, which lets me control the six base elements of my universe; one of the only free ones left nearby the Clan."

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

16 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"This is a pretty biologically diverse place. Lots of species of intelligent peoples. But the magic's heavily suppressed, except in those who join the government." Fadran snuffed out his hand. "I'm an Arcane Mage, which lets me control the six base elements of my universe; one of the only free ones left nearby the Clan."

"Suppressed in what way? What elements can you control?"

Holding two conversations simultaneously is a little weird :P

"Well, they're more of stages of matter and energy. Solid, liquid, and gas are the Material side, while there's Heat, Attraction, and Kinetics for the Energy side."

The solution for which is DIALOGUE BREAKS

"Suppressed as in people displaying magic are often imprisoned or executed. Some are allowed to live normally under the condition that they keep it controlled, but more dangerous types are disposed of early." Fadran let out a breath. "At the very least, pretty much every form of biological magic was snuffed out a long time ago, except in carefully-monitored government programs."