The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

On 1/8/2022 at 0:39 PM, Tani said:

Tvora droops.

Echo Seven touched Tvora and drew out her sadness.

15 hours ago, Frustration said:

"Excelent. what can you do?"

"Solve problems," answered Echo Three. "My cognition proceeds at an exceptionally expeditious rate."

"Take away pain," said Echo Seven.

"Wait just a moment!" exclaimed Echo One. "We can't get involved in this, it's too dangerous!"

"You jump to conclusions," rebutted Echo Three. "According to what this man said, we will not be directly involved in combat at all. Merely assisting in operations is not dangerous."

Edited by xinoehp512

“Ok, I’ll respect the wishes of the Echoes,” Saph said. “but let me ask this: if they can’t be physically harmed, wouldn’t they be most effective helping in active combat? Not fighting, but healing or advising during active missions or fights?” 

4 hours ago, Frustration said:

"I refuse to negotiate with anyone who's stated purpose is conquring and enslaving anyone they come into contact with."

Silver took some notes while mumbling to himself. "Peace not an option, victory or death." With a click of his tongue, he put away the imaginary notepad with a smile. "That sounds like a cause alright." He turned to Pearl. "What's the plan, then, boss?"
@Zephrun's Imperium

9 hours ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Silver took some notes while mumbling to himself. "Peace not an option, victory or death." With a click of his tongue, he put away the imaginary notepad with a smile. "That sounds like a cause alright." He turned to Pearl. "What's the plan, then, boss?"
@Zephrun's Imperium

Pearl rolled her eyes, laughing. “We’ll stay if we’re wanted,” she said. “We’re not very powerful as far as Narrators go, but I’m sure we can help somehow.”

10 hours ago, #1 Taln Fan said:

“Ok, I’ll respect the wishes of the Echoes,” Saph said. “but let me ask this: if they can’t be physically harmed, wouldn’t they be most effective helping in active combat? Not fighting, but healing or advising during active missions or fights?” 

"Our goal is to get to a planet called Illimi and break their control of it. Idealy this will be done by attacking communication networks, supply stations, tax facilites and so forth, direct confrontation is our final option, and will likely mean we have already lost."

Just now, Frustration said:

"Our goal is to get to a planet called Illimi and break their control of it. Idealy this will be done by attacking communication networks, supply stations, tax facilites and so forth, direct confrontation is our final option, and will likely mean we have already lost."

"What will breaking their control on this planet accomplish?"

Just now, Frustration said:

"Illimi contains crystals that make up a large portion of the Empire's energy."

"Energy crystals?" asked Echo Four inquisitively.

1 minute ago, Frustration said:

"Illimi contains crystals that make up a large portion of the Empire's energy."

"It sounds like a place that would be heavily defended, perhaps more so than almost anywhere else."

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Energy crystals?" asked Echo Four inquisitively.

"In a sense."

4 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"It sounds like a place that would be heavily defended, perhaps more so than almost anywhere else."

"Politicains tend to priorities their own safety over that of their empire, I excpect it to be guarded quite heaviy yes, but not moreso than the dozens of other highly important locations throughout the empire."

Aradarin turned to @Channelknight Fadran "Is there a way to cut Illimi off from resupply?"

3 minutes ago, Frustration said:

"In a sense."

"What sense?"

3 minutes ago, Frustration said:

"Politicains tend to priorities their own safety over that of their empire, I excpect it to be guarded quite heaviy yes, but not moreso than the dozens of other highly important locations throughout the empire."

Echo Three frowned. "Do you mean to imply that you do not know the nature of the planet's defenses?"

58 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"What sense?"

"In the sense that they are crystals that provide energy, but are not called "energy crystals.""

59 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Echo Three frowned. "Do you mean to imply that you do not know the nature of the planet's defenses?"

"Not yet."

9 minutes ago, Frustration said:

"In the sense that they are crystals that provide energy, but are not called "energy crystals.""

"What are they called, then?"

9 minutes ago, Frustration said:

"Not yet."

"You should ascertain that, then, before proceeding further. It may be that the defenses are too tough for you to handle."

5 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"What are they called, then?"

"I am uncertain."

5 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"You should ascertain that, then, before proceeding further. It may be that the defenses are too tough for you to handle."

"Even if we cannot break the hold on the planet even a small disruption will draw forces there allowing us to strike at other targets."

55 minutes ago, Frustration said:

"I am uncertain."

"What do they do?"

55 minutes ago, Frustration said:

"Even if we cannot break the hold on the planet even a small disruption will draw forces there allowing us to strike at other targets."

"A small disruption would most likely be taken care of by the forces currently stationed there. No need to leave other targets undefended."

3 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"What do they do?"

"Provide energy."

3 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"A small disruption would most likely be taken care of by the forces currently stationed there. No need to leave other targets undefended."

"With illusionary abilites, reality revision, and careful planing, a comaprativly small disruption can be precieved as a large disruption."

56 minutes ago, Frustration said:

"Provide energy."

"How so? Do they glow and/or burn? If you touch a certain type of metal to them, or move it around them, do they release electricity or some other sort of magical energy? Can it be utilized by humans, machines, or both?"

58 minutes ago, Frustration said:

"With illusionary abilites, reality revision, and careful planing, a comaprativly small disruption can be precieved as a large disruption."

"'Large' is relative," countered Echo Three. "If you don't know your enemy's strength, it may very well be that what you think is a large disruption is a small nuisance to them. And of course, how can you be certain that they will be fooled by the illusions?"

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

“Illusionary abilities?” Saph asked with a slight smile. 

4 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

And of course, how can you be certain that they will be fooled by the illusions?"

“It depends on the illusion, but I can probably make some convincing illusions. The closer they get though, the more likely they’ll see minor flaws.”