The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

So he was wrong, but also partially right. That was usually how it went. Worked either way.

I already had my Mindscape, then. That meant he'd been subconsciously pushing towards his goal. He'd already connected the end result to the process in his mind, rather than separating the steps like he should've.

If the space already existed, then that had to mean that it would only cost energy to create something, not maintain it--a one-off power purchase, in other words. Of course, it probably wasn't that simple; but it was worth a shot anyways.

Fadran ducked back into the command tent and closed his eyes, falling back into his Mindscape. It took him a second to realize that it was a real Mindscape--his own, even--that he was standing in, but the moment of awe soon passed as he reallocated his cognitive ability into detensifying his mindset. If he wanted to get anywhere, then he'd need to start from the ground up.

In that case... let's start simple.

He drew in all the power he could muster and pushed it all into this realm, changing the infinite darkness into an ever-expansive grassy field. Fadran gasped and collapsed on the ground, clutching his head from the strain, then looked up.

I had worked.

17 hours ago, Condensation said:

"How do those things connect? Did she send you?"

"Did she not explain? We, ah, work together, in a way. Our organization wants to keep an eye on powerful worldhoppers, which brings me back to my original question: do you know Channelknight Fadran?"

14 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"Oh."  Martin relaxes.  "Uh... sorry?"  He should have noticed that the tree was hollow.  What's happening to his observational skills?

"Eh. 'S fine." She yawned and stretched. "So, what's happened since I fell asleep?"

Oh rusts.

She is not going to be pleased.

Edited by Random Bystander

8 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

"Did she not explain? We, ah, work together, in a way. Our organization wants to keep an eye on powerful worldhoppers, which brings me back to my original question: do you know Channelknight Fadran?"

"Uh..." Andante glanced toward Ember for support. "Yeah, I think so. Right?"

2 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"She...she's not..." He doesn't understand it, he doesn't have the information.  "She's fine, physically."  He's pretty sure, anyway.  "But she isn't responding."

She spent a few moments panicking. "What if I knew a way we might possibly be able to help her." She said slowly, her voice sounding slightly heartbroken. "It's a bit of a long shot, and will come with a high price for someone, but I'm willing to take that risk." She said urgently. I need her to be okay. She's one of my only actual friends... She was on the verge of tears. 

1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

She spent a few moments panicking. "What if I knew a way we might possibly be able to help her." She said slowly, her voice sounding slightly heartbroken. "It's a bit of a long shot, and will come with a high price for someone, but I'm willing to take that risk." She said urgently. I need her to be okay. She's one of my only actual friends... She was on the verge of tears. 

"I don't know.  I... You'd need to talk to Ayia, and I wouldn't... I wouldn't do that right now."  She needs time.

13 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"I don't know.  I... You'd need to talk to Ayia, and I wouldn't... I wouldn't do that right now."  She needs time.

"Okay." She said softly. She started crying silently. She felt as if something was twisting in her chest. It hurt, and she felt lost. She started to feel a sense of hopelessness, as if nothing would be okay again. She felt her determination start to slip away.

After all, what could she do that others couldn't? She wasn't all that special. Yes, she could compound bronze, but what good would that do? How would that help Tvora?

She suddenly felt a strong surge of anger, and determination. "I'm going to help Tvora." She said after a minute, climbing out of the tree. "And no one will stop me." She said, her resolve evident in her voice. "I'll do it, no matter the cost." She grabbed her bag, and walked toward the camp.

People... She's planning on going to Roshar. And finding the Nightwatcher.

Feel free to stop her, or attempt to reason with her.

1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

"Okay." She said softly. She started crying silently. She felt as if something was twisting in her chest. It hurt, and she felt lost. She started to feel a sense of hopelessness, as if nothing would be okay again. She felt her determination start to slip away.

After all, what could she do that others couldn't? She wasn't all that special. Yes, she could compound bronze, but what good would that do? How would that help Tvora?

She suddenly felt a strong surge of anger, and determination. "I'm going to help Tvora." She said after a minute, climbing out of the tree. "And no one will stop me." She said, her resolve evident in her voice. "I'll do it, no matter the cost." She grabbed her bag, and walked toward the camp.

"Wait, wait, wait," Martin says.  He knows that tone.  He knows it all too well.  He's heard it way too often before someone left and didn't come back.  "Don't rush off and do something without thinking it through."  He pulls his jacket close around himself.

15 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"Wait, wait, wait," Martin says.  He knows that tone.  He knows it all too well.  He's heard it way too often before someone left and didn't come back.  "Don't rush off and do something without thinking it through."  He pulls his jacket close around himself.

"I have thought it through. And I am doing this." She started walking faster. "I know what I'm doing, I know what I'm getting myself into, and I can choose to stop at any time along the way. You can come, if you want." 

5 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"I have thought it through. And I am doing this." She started walking faster. "I know what I'm doing, I know what I'm getting myself into, and I can choose to stop at any time along the way. You can come, if you want." 

"You didn't think it through for very long," he says.  "And you should tell people other than me."  How does he stop her from doing this?  "I don't think this is a good idea."