The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

:D I just wanted to make sure I didn't get anything too wrong.

Spoiler

There was not a lot to get wrong there. I would say that a little more in the way of clarification might be needed here. What is Fadran trying to do? Is he trying to access his empty mindscape space or something else entirely.

@Channelknight Fadran

3 hours ago, EchoOfThePlanes said:

Curious... You are new. Not of this universe.

"Correct." Crimson is surprised, but not altogether concerned or perturbed. A glowing snake appearing out of the air is far from the strangest thing he's seen.

5 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:
  Hide contents

There was not a lot to get wrong there. I would say that a little more in the way of clarification might be needed here. What is Fadran trying to do? Is he trying to access his empty mindscape space or something else entirely.

@Channelknight Fadran

He's tryna create/access his Mindscape.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

He's tryna create/access his Mindscape.

Spoiler

In theory his mindscape should not have any defenses at all unless he set them up. It is usually speaking a blank slate. Getting it to become something is where the main difficulties lie.The uninitiated would have some trouble finding it, but not quite what you described. It may be possible that Fadran's magic may be creating some complications. It's conceivable anyway. Nath reappeared in the camp if you wish you can explore it with him further.

What I was basically saying was that Fadran essentially doesn't have a Mindscape yet and his own mind is imposing defenses to make sure he doesn't die from the strain. So yeah, basically Fadran invididually is the main difficulty.

Buuut I'll also take you up on your offer.

Fadran found Nath and tapped him on the shoulder. "Hey, pal, I've got a question."

@Nathrangking

3 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

As she had been sleeping for a while, Camelia woke up, and yelped.

From inside the tree.

"What the - " Martin scrambles back, trips, falls flat on his back.  He rolls to one side, coming back up on his feet in a crouch, heart pounding.  "Who's there?"

I had the mental image of a cat getting surprised, and it's making me cackle.

On 4/10/2021 at 9:40 PM, Vapor said:

"For what?"

Jek sighed and picked up another book to read, ignoring not hearing Ayia.

Thanks for reminding me!

"<Friends. Enemies. Darkness. Light. The right time.>"

Edited by xinoehp512

On 5/22/2021 at 8:48 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Ah. Okay."

"I'm going to... go to bed, then."

On 5/24/2021 at 6:07 PM, Negative_Null said:

Crimson Vaughn pressed a button on his wristband and stepped through a portal to... well he wasn't totally sure. But Chrysler had placed a tracking glyph on the girl Andante's person and he was able to track that. The portal should open a few feet behind the girl, and Crimson could hopefully introduce himself before getting shot. Scaly skin and yellow, reptilian eyes sometimes made people confuse him for a monster. Which he supposed he occasionally was, but not for those reasons.

@Condensation

Andante walked back to her tent and knelt next to her bed to say her prayers before sleeping. Her head shot up when she heard Ember speak, and she turned, grasping for her book.

18 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran found Nath and tapped him on the shoulder. "Hey, pal, I've got a question."

@Nathrangking

I push away the pain and compose myself. I turn to Fadran not quite stoic, but far less emotional than I had been a moment ago. "Fadran, what is going on here? I leave for a short while and you find yourself in the midst of chaos again. Ask your question if you must before answering mine."

Edited by Nathrangking

20 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

"Correct." Crimson is surprised, but not altogether concerned or perturbed. A glowing snake appearing out of the air is far from the strangest thing he's seen.

Remembrance's curiosity only increases, a noticeable tide of emotion that washes over anyone in the near vicinity. A questing thought enters the outer layer of Crimson's mind, seeking any knowledge he might be willing to give away, without actually probing his memories.

What kind of information would be found in Crimson's surface thoughts?

2 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I push away the pain and compose myself. I turn to Fadran not quite stoic, but far less emotional than I had been a moment ago. "Fadran, what is going on here? i leave for a short while and you find yourself in the midst of chaos again. Ask your question if you must before answering mine."

"We're the scrapping Fellowship, Nath! What'd you expect?" Fadran shrugged. "Anyways. I just had a few more Mindscaping questions if you don't mind enlightening me."

18 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"We're the scrapping Fellowship, Nath! What'd you expect?" Fadran shrugged. "Anyways. I just had a few more Mindscaping questions if you don't mind enlightening me."

I don't really react to Fadran's exclamation. "Unsurprising I suppose. Things of that sort rarely last. Ask what you will. My knowledge should be put to some use."

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"So it's generally pretty difficult to create or at least manifest a Mindscape, yeah?"

I am filled with calm as the question reaches my ear. "It depends on the being in question and what they are trying to do. Creating  one is not possible. The material has already been created. Manifesting is where the challenge is."

4 hours ago, EchoOfThePlanes said:

Remembrance's curiosity only increases, a noticeable tide of emotion that washes over anyone in the near vicinity. A questing thought enters the outer layer of Crimson's mind, seeking any knowledge he might be willing to give away, without actually probing his memories.

"Might want to be careful with that."

I'll say here that Crimson is from Myrkr, a planet in the Star Wars universe where many of the creatures are immune to the Force. As such, he's resistant to any direct magical effects, especially mental ones. The thoughts that Remembrance is able to read will likely be distorted or weakened, but they should be able to at least sense Crimson's mission, which is to investigate the Fellowship, and that begins with getting these two beings to give him information.

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Most people probably couldn't pull it off, right?"

"I would not say that at all. It is a matter of degrees. To manifest something approaching the level of what the divine can is something that most could not pull off without a great deal of assistance. More rudimentary constructs are possible. Obviously it depends. What is your current interest in Mindscape creation?"

5 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"I would not say that at all. It is a matter of degrees. To manifest something approaching the level of what the divine can is something that most could not pull off without a great deal of assistance. More rudimentary constructs are possible. Obviously it depends. What is your current interest in Mindscape creation?"

"Nothing, really. I have an idea, though."