The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

19 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I..." Fadran shook his head. "Alright. Child, then."

You're right! My name is Child!

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I'm trying to reason with a chaos demon, which I'm pretty sure is impossible by definition."

"Not impossible, you just have to reason chaotically."

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Kid--Tvora--that's an oxymoron."

"Nonsense. Whatever you expect, Chaos breaks it. Therefore, since I'm an adult, I act like a child. However, whatever you expect, Chaos breaks it. Therefore, since I'm an adult and act like a child, sometimes I'll act like an adult because chaos. See? I just reasoned chaotically."

Craven listened to the sounds of battle, head down. While the others fought the bad guys, he fought with himself. He felt something inside, and was doing his best not to let the word surface.

But with how thin the walls of his hiding place was, there was only so much he could take.

Scared.

Craven was scared.

No. I’m not.

But he was. How ever much he didn’t think it or say it aloud, he was. He had failed. Lived up to his name when he promised he wouldn’t. Craven had told himself he would fight, like his new friends. Show them he was no coward, that he could live up to what they were. But he had failed.

Craven cried.

After the sounds stopped, Craven uncurled from the ball he had rolled into and took his hands out of his ears. He dried his face, rubbing his eyes and sniffling. Making himself presentable.

He heard talking outside, and it sounded calm. Craven wanted calm.

He put a smile on his face, one that was forced. They wouldn’t tell, he told himself.

They would. He hadn’t yet figured out how to conceal his emotions; he was young.

He walked over, slow at first but quicker when he remembered to appear normal. Craven stopped next to Fadran. “Did we win?”

2 minutes ago, Tani said:

"No, I said one might be two, but it also might be one."

"I'm afraid most universal laws of physics don't support that."

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Craven listened to the sounds of battle, head down. While the others fought the bad guys, he fought with himself. He felt something inside, and was doing his best not to let the word surface.

But with how thin the walls of his hiding place was, there was only so much he could take.

Scared.

Craven was scared.

No. I’m not.

But he was. How ever much he didn’t think it or say it aloud, he was. He had failed. Lived up to his name when he promised he wouldn’t. Craven had told himself he would fight, like his new friends. Show them he was no coward, that he could live up to what they were. But he had failed.

Craven cried.

After the sounds stopped, Craven uncurled from the ball he had rolled into and took his hands out of his ears. He dried his face, rubbing his eyes and sniffling. Making himself presentable.

He heard talking outside, and it sounded calm. Craven wanted calm.

He put a smile on his face, one that was forced. They wouldn’t tell, he told himself.

They would. He hadn’t yet figured out how to conceal his emotions; he was young.

He walked over, slow at first but quicker when he remembered to appear normal. Craven stopped next to Fadran. “Did we win?”

Ayia looked up from her groggy state. "Craven? You... okay?"

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Sure did, kiddo." Ayia sat up. Kinda. "Wanna come... help me up?"

“Sure.” He forced the word out, then scooted over and stuck out his arms, unsure of what to do.

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Ayia pulled him into a hug. "Don't worry, kiddo," she whispered, "I won't tell anybody."

Craven blinked. Then accepted the gesture, nodding.

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"What, you mean I can't call you Cravey?" Ayia gave him a squeeze. "I think it's a cute little name for cute little boy."

He pulled back and stuck out his bottom lip, tilting his head down and shaking his head slowly back and forth in a way that clearly showed he was fine with the nickname. In certain scenarios.