The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"That doesn't answer my question," replied Jeffery.

"Leave the nature of the lock to me. Right now that knowledge will not help rescue your daughter. I can open it and no one else can. That is the most relevant piece of information right now."

15 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

"Leave the nature of the lock to me. Right now that knowledge will not help rescue your daughter. I can open it and no one else can. That is the most relevant piece of information right now."

"And if you die?" asked Jeffery, arms folded. "There is always more than one way to skin a cat... or a lock, in this case."

13 hours ago, Condensation said:

"Now you've intrigued me. Spill."

"There exists a being that sells blades of all kinds. Swords that sing songs of terror into the hearts of your enemies. Daggers that return to your hand when you throw them. Spears that can light the very air on fire."

On 2/21/2021 at 2:01 PM, xinoehp512 said:

"And if you die?" asked Jeffery, arms folded. "There is always more than one way to skin a cat... or a lock, in this case."

Internally I sigh. Annoyance flares and releases an inferno. Nothing rises to my face or eyes as I contemplate his words. "If I die then that door is sealed forever. We knew that most doors could be tricked or forced. Upon my death the door will cease to be. We have no time to waste. We have work to do. Fadran you and Jefferey approach and place your hands on my shoulder. Allow yourselves to travel through the rift that I create."

@Channelknight Fadran

Edited by Nathrangking

1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

Internally I sigh. Annoyance flares and releases an inferno. Nothing rises to my face or eyes as I contemplate his words. "If I die then that door is sealed forever. We knew that most doors could be tricked or forced. Upon my death the door will cease to be. We have no time to waste. We have work to do. Fadran you and Jefferey approach and place your hands on my shoulder. Allow yourselves to travel through the rift that I create."

@Channelknight Fadran

Jeffery did as instructed, although he did not look satisfied with Nath's answer.

14 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

@Channelknight Fadran

13 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Jeffery did as instructed, although he did not look satisfied with Nath's answer.

Fadran shot them both a sympathetic look--though he doubted either of them would care--then placed his hand on Nath's shoulder. Holy Icona was he tall; Fadran found himself shifting his feet to find a comfortable position from which he could hold his arm. "Are we going right this second? What are the odds we'll get captured and killed? I'm just asking because leaving the camp without a leader would be... ah... 'undesireable.'"

49 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

The fight kinda slowed down. I can speed it up again, though.

Ayia made a dash for the door, whacking the guards over the head with her staff and rattling the doorknob: locked. Go figure.

She pulled a large metal sheet out of nowhere, holding it between her and the doorframe and Stabilizing it. Arrows richocheted off of it, protecting her well enough while she pulled out some lockpicks and began working at the door.

N'Fehn snapped out of his trance. Weird. How frequently he had been going through those recently... He realized he was left behind in the... "tank" He crawls out and takes a look. Arrows sprouted from the ground nearby and he looked to the source. The archers who loosed them didn't seem to notice him at all. He frowned. Something felt strange about this circumstance. very strange. Nevermind that, he was in battle. He took a glance at his cube and in a panic, blood rushed to his head. His cube, it's glow... it looked exactly the same, but... with a dead feel to it. His cube failed. He cast it aside as it was now useless. He looked to see if he could find the others.

pretty much no idea what is happening, mainly guessing off a few posts here and there. If I need to fix something, just tell me.

14 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

N'Fehn snapped out of his trance. Weird. How frequently he had been going through those recently... He realized he was left behind in the... "tank" He crawls out and takes a look. Arrows sprouted from the ground nearby and he looked to the source. The archers who loosed them didn't seem to notice him at all. He frowned. Something felt strange about this circumstance. very strange. Nevermind that, he was in battle. He took a glance at his cube and in a panic, blood rushed to his head. His cube, it's glow... it looked exactly the same, but... with a dead feel to it. His cube failed. He cast it aside as it was now useless. He looked to see if he could find the others.

I too am confused. My character is still fighting. At least, I think she is. 

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Ayia made a dash for the door, whacking the guards over the head with her staff and rattling the doorknob: locked. Go figure.

She pulled a large metal sheet out of nowhere, holding it between her and the doorframe and Stabilizing it. Arrows richocheted off of it, protecting her well enough while she pulled out some lockpicks and began working at the door.

Martin runs up to where Ayia is and shoots back at the archers.