Channelknight Fadran

the fellowship of the thing
The Fellowship of the Thing (I'm bored. Let's mess around!)

12,583 posts in this topic

Just now, Enter a username said:

 

Quote

Did it show a "Fadran has replied; show reply" thing? If you double-click that, it'll post it twice because you confused it.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:
Quote

Did it show a "Fadran has replied; show reply" thing? If you double-click that, it'll post it twice because you confused it.

Quote

I don't think so; I usually reload to show new replies. Don't remember exactly what I did, though.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I lift my hands in surrender. The pain of a father now so fully sinks in that I cannot deny the unfairness of my repeated attacks on unproven maliciousness. A deep breath enters me and calms me completely.  "Very well. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Both you and Fadran will be crucial as at this point my powers will not be sufficient to do all that will be needed. We can begin the first phase of the rescue immediately."

@Channelknight Fadran

"You mean, you telling us how to get there?"

On 2/16/2021 at 9:27 PM, Vapor said:

Vapor sighed. "All right."

James stood awkwardly for a moment.

"So," he said. "Uh... what happens now?"

On 2/16/2021 at 11:00 PM, Condensation said:

"Slight ones, yes."

"Do you not think the prize is worth the price?"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Do you not think the prize is worth the price?"

"I don't know yet. But either way, it's already a part of me."

Edited by Condensation
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"We... will?"

"If we want to work toward the best possible outcome then yes."

3 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"You mean, you telling us how to get there?

A wry smile tugs at my lips for the first time in too long. It infuses my tone and radiates from my very being. "Tell you? Why no. Show you by beginning the process of the rescue. The two of you will assist me in checking to see whether we will be able to do this the easy way or the hard way."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"If we want to work toward the best possible outcome then yes."

A wry smile tugs at my lips for the first time in too long. It infuses my tone and radiates from my very being. "Tell you? Why no. Show you by beginning the process of the rescue. The two of you will assist me in checking to see whether we will be able to do this the easy way or the hard way."

"Spoiler alert: it'll be the hard way."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"What's the difference?"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"What's the difference?"

"One's easier and the other's harder."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

James stood awkwardly for a moment.

"So," he said. "Uh... what happens now?"

Vapor shrugged.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"One's easier and the other's harder."

Jeffery frowned. "Yes, but what are they?"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Jeffery frowned. "Yes, but what are they?"

"Something about a backdoor entrance and something about a full-frontal assault."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Could you elaborate?"

@Nathrangking

15 hours ago, Vapor said:

Vapor shrugged.

"Shadow?" asked James uncertainly.

"That depends," said the shadow mysteriously.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Could you elaborate?"

@Nathrangking

"Shadow?" asked James uncertainly.

"That depends," said the shadow mysteriously.

"On what?"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I have no orders but to protect you," said the voice. "So... you decide."

A cold wind blew, sudden and sharp.

"Perhaps you wish to learn how to bend worlds?" whispered the voice, and the floor shifted into sand beneath their feet.

"Or perhaps harness the Void," continued the shadow, and darkness swallowed all.

@Vapor

Edited by xinoehp512
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Condensation said:

"I don't know yet. But either way, it's already a part of me."

Quote

*ahem*

Sorry.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Spoiler alert: it'll be the hard way."

15 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"What's the difference?"

15 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"One's easier and the other's harder."

14 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Jeffery frowned. "Yes, but what are they?"

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Something about a backdoor entrance and something about a full-frontal assault."

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Could you elaborate?"

@Nathrangking

 

"You have no confidence Fadran. With any luck we will not have to take the more direct route." I steel myself slightly as weakness flies through me. "It is essentially as Fadran said. The easier method will allow us to enter and leave with the smallest chance of discovery at least initially. The hard way will not be subtle. Any element of surprise will be lost in a desperate gambit which has the greatest possibility of our destruction. It will be a frontal attack of the most desperate sort."

 

 

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Condensation said:

"I don't know yet. But either way, it's already a part of me."

Quote

Apologize not! Too often I lose track of all the threads I have woven.

Psyder nodded. "So it is," he replied. "But enough of that. I must congratulate you! That was well done."

2 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"You have no confidence Fadran. With any luck we will not have to take the more direct route." I steel myself slightly as weakness flies through me. "It is essentially as Fadran said. The easier method will allow us to enter and leave with the smallest chance of discovery at least initially. The hard way will not be subtle. Any element of surprise will be lost in a desperate gambit which has the greatest possibility of our destruction. It will be a frontal attack of the most desperate sort."

Jeffery nodded slightly. "And you think sneaking in will be impossible because...?"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Psyder nodded. "So it is," he replied. "But enough of that. I must congratulate you! That was well done."

Quote

It´s understandable. I do it too.

¨Vale distracted it. All I did was take its life.¨

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"You have no confidence Fadran. With any luck we will not have to take the more direct route." I steel myself slightly as weakness flies through me. "It is essentially as Fadran said. The easier method will allow us to enter and leave with the smallest chance of discovery at least initially. The hard way will not be subtle. Any element of surprise will be lost in a desperate gambit which has the greatest possibility of our destruction. It will be a frontal attack of the most desperate sort."

Fadran was only a little offended at Nath claiming he had no confidence.

10 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Jeffery nodded slightly. "And you think sneaking in will be impossible because...?"

"You know how proximity alarms are a thing? Picture those but set up in your mind."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Jeffery nodded slightly. "And you think sneaking in will be impossible because...?"

31 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran was only a little offended at Nath claiming he had no confidence.

"You know how proximity alarms are a thing? Picture those but set up in your mind."

"Fadran is most correct. Under the usual circumstances there are no to enter a mindscape uninvited. Any attempt to do would be impossible to disguise. Not only would you fail, but you would alert the one whom you were seeking to strike at. However, it may be possible to do so if there were a backdoor built in eons ago by myself and my wife. If the door was not found then we stand a chance of at least entering quietly." 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"Fadran is most correct. Under the usual circumstances there are no to enter a mindscape uninvited. Any attempt to do would be impossible to disguise. Not only would you fail, but you would alert the one whom you were seeking to strike at. However, it may be possible to do so if there were a backdoor built in eons ago by myself and my wife. If the door was not found then we stand a chance of at least entering quietly." 

"What sort of backdoor?"

47 minutes ago, Condensation said:

¨Vale distracted it. All I did was take its life.¨

"And a beautiful strike it was."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"And a beautiful strike it was."

"Thank you. What now?"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"What sort of backdoor?"

"There is a slightly altered section of the outermost ring of the realm that will react differently than the rest. This portion was carefully woven in and hidden so that any who did not know what to look for they would never find it. It a passage which bypasses the defenses of the mindscape and enters directly into the interior. Assuming that Rish did not find it this door can be used to get in unannounced. We took an added precaution of fitting the gate with a special lock. This was designed to keep just anyone from abusing this entryway."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"What sort of lock?"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2021 at 8:06 PM, Matrim's Dice said:

So there were others here. Craven nodded. “Where is the food?”

 

On 2/17/2021 at 5:38 PM, Matrim's Dice said:

There still came no reply from the man eating, so Craven decided to figure it out himself. Cowards didn’t wait for their food to be handed to them on a silver platter.

He walked past the dining tables, and wandered into the kitchen. Craven saw that there was a large steaming pot of soup on the counter, and ran over eagerly. A quick scan of the shelves revealed a stack of bowls and a drawer of silverware, so Craven grabbed a spoon and bowl and used the ladle already in the pot to fill it up. It turned out to be more of a stew, with chunks of meat and vegetables. It smelled delicious and Craven’s mouth watered for something other than sour berries.

Quote

Sowwy

"Oh, sorry, I got distracted there. Glad you found the food." Ember trailed off again, getting lost in his thoughts.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.