The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Reserved said:

Xanthos giggled. "Ah, but we are not the ones who failed, are we?" He licked his lips. "Silver foxes of fire have to come from somewhere, yes?"

All emotion empties from my face. That is what escaped here. Loathsome and unpleasant beasts whose presence would have at other times been no more than an annoyance. However, now this will be task. "They would. Pesky little creatures that they are. You would call it false bravado, but let me tell you truth." I lean in. Some of the creature rises to my eyes. Their lust just visible. "When I tossed them into the prison from whence they came I was a youth inexperienced in the ways of war. You who claim to save this world have been unable to stop them. Tell me who is the failure. The hunter that jailed them or the prey who they victimized?" Something bestial enters my voice.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Oh, poor Nath got roasted.

I object!!

26 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Whatever is needed? Sounds ominous, but..." Herate took a deep breath. "Okay."

Andante still stood behind everyone else, somewhat shocked at what had just happened. "So wait, what just happened?"

Fadran closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. "Herate... I'd rather you not leave us... but it's your choice. Not mine."

Just now, Ookla the Channelknight said:

Fadran closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. "Herate... I'd rather you not leave us... but it's your choice. Not mine."

Herate turned to face him, a melancholy smile gracing her lips. "Can't you see? It's not a choice at this point. I just have one thing to say." She stared intensely into his eyes. "Win."

11 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

All emotion empties from my face. That is what escaped here. Loathsome and unpleasant beasts whose presence would have at other times been no more than an annoyance. However, now this will be task. "They would. Pesky little creatures that they are. You would call it false bravado, but let me tell you truth." I lean in. Some of the creature rises to my eyes. Their lust just visible. "When I tossed them into the prison from whence they came I was a youth inexperienced in the ways of war. You who claim to save this world have been unable to stop them. Tell me who is the failure. The hunter that jailed them or the prey who they victimized?" Something bestial enters my voice.

"Words," replied Xanthos, leaning in in response. "Bold words, proud words. But words are hollow, yes?" He let out a strangled chortle. "A hunter... ha. Come this eve, if you dare, and see what real hunters look like."

He bent down and picked up the sword with two fingers, flicking it back towards Nath. "And next time you bargain," he continued, "bring something valuable, would you?"

"Enough chit-chat," said Psyder. "My patience can only last so long... and there's plenty of room in the dungeon. Or the graveyard."

18 minutes ago, Ookla the Reserved said:

"Words," replied Xanthos, leaning in in response. "Bold words, proud words. But words are hollow, yes?" He let out a strangled chortle. "A hunter... ha. Come this eve, if you dare, and see what real hunters look like."

He bent down and picked up the sword with two fingers, flicking it back towards Nath. "And next time you bargain," he continued, "bring something valuable, would you?"

"Enough chit-chat," said Psyder. "My patience can only last so long... and there's plenty of room in the dungeon. Or the graveyard."

"As you wish." The voice which emerges in my own no longer. It is a roar of challenge. Something ancient and raw fills the room. My eyes fill completely with violence and something else something primordial. I don't break eye contact with my foe as I catch the blade as it flies. In a single fluid motion I swipe the tip of the blade across the ground. Rock shears away as if it were a gossamer layer of silk. The weapon vanishes though the shattered stone remains. I bow mockingly and stalk from the room. The sky outside begins to darken and thunder begins to crash as the monster shakes off his chains. 

6 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"As you wish." The voice which emerges in my own no longer. It is a roar of challenge. Something ancient and raw fills the room. My eyes fill completely with violence and something else something primordial. I don't break eye contact with my foe as I catch the blade as it flies. In a single fluid motion I swipe the tip of the blade across the ground. Rock shears away as if it were a gossamer layer of silk. The weapon vanishes though the shattered stone remains. I bow mockingly and stalk from the room. The sky outside begins to darken and thunder begins to crash as the monster shakes off his chains. 

Out in the camp, Vale looks up. "That doesn't look good. We need to find the Fellowship and start getting out of here."

Chrysler raises an eyebrow. "Didn't you say they had a revolution to fight?"

"I get the feeling that won't be too much of a problem soon..."

If anyone's in the camp, do they know where they went? Or, if Nath makes a big enough scene on the tower, these two can come and help.

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Reserved said:

Psyder waited until the last of Herate's friends had filed from the room.

He then turned to her, pulling out something from his pocket.

"Right," he said briskly. "Time to get you... enhanced."

So we have Daolan now, right? And he doesn't require The Doctor's presence to exist?

The monster does not surrender its hold on my form. As my spirit rages so does the thunder. It grows louder and lightning shatters the sky above me. Rain begins to fall as I set it free. Hot droplets fall as the winds do not come. I stalk through the falling rain flowing from one darkened patch to the next as though I belong to the darkness. My eyes glow with the immortal destruction that once brought civilizations to their knees. 

3 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

The monster does not surrender its hold on my form. As my spirit rages so does the thunder. It grows louder and lightning shatters the sky above me. Rain begins to fall as I set it free. Hot droplets fall as the winds do not come. I stalk through the falling rain flowing from one darkened patch to the next as though I belong to the darkness. My eyes glow with the immortal destruction that once brought civilizations to their knees. 

"Nath." Fadran whispers. "You haven't come this far to surrender, have you?"

Edited by Ookla the Channelknight

Just now, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"Nath." Fadran whispers. "You haven't come this far to surrender, have you?"

I hear Fadran despite the storm. My head snaps in his direction. With tremendous effort I throw the chains back over the beast and pull them tight. The anger falls away and shame appear on my face. Instantly, the storm ends and the sky above is banished to join my rage. I sag for a moment. "We are going to need it. We are one. His aggression may be necessary. I may have been wrong."

1 hour ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

Fadran leads everyone back to camp.

39 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I hear Fadran despite the storm. My head snaps in his direction. With tremendous effort I throw the chains back over the beast and pull them tight. The anger falls away and shame appear on my face. Instantly, the storm ends and the sky above is banished to join my rage. I sag for a moment. "We are going to need it. We are one. His aggression may be necessary. I may have been wrong."

"So... these are your friends, Vale?"

"Some stuff must have happened while I was gone"

2 hours ago, Ookla the Reserved said:

Psyder waited until the last of Herate's friends had filed from the room.

He then turned to her, pulling out something from his pocket.

"Right," he said briskly. "Time to get you... enhanced."

Herate glanced at Daolan and nodded. “Enhanced? I already have my Essence Marks.”

Everyone can ignore this, if they wish.

Ah, how I miss an hour ago when I knew what was going on.

Rakushta had followed this strange group wherever they went. He had silently watched and followed the whole way- not offering help, as they never seemed to need help. In fact, these people could probably kill him on a whim, if they wished.

It was just so much. So many relationships, so many conflicts, so many powers- he had walked into some crazy situations, but none as dense as this.

Ah well. He would learn eventually.