The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

6 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

Fox quivered, but used all of her strength to lock onto father's eyes. On the one hand, Fox wanted the terror to be gone eternally, yet on the other hand, she could live in this warm moment forever.

I gather my courage and strength. To run from fear will lead us to disaster. It will make us prisoners of the most trapped sort. I take a deep breath and allow the complexity of my love, fear, and concern flow through. "We cannot stop feeling fear. I used to speak of this as a theory. I am afraid daughter. For the first time I am truly afraid. I cannot simply take your fear away. When you are ready to talk I am here."

"As am I, Fox. As am I." Circestran stands to the side keeping watch, but extending her awareness all around her.

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

"Do what? Need help finding a place to sleep? Is there anyone you're okay with sleeping with? The tents are meant to be four-person."

"Yes, and as long as whoever I'm bunking with doesn't mind noise.  I've been informed that I scream in my sleep, occasionally."  Don't think about it.  Don't think about it.  He digs his thumb into the underside of his forearm.  Reese is fine.  She's fine.  "It shouldn't be bad, but... you should at least know, since tents aren't exactly soundproof."

Just now, Spren of Kindness said:

"Yes, and as long as whoever I'm bunking with doesn't mind noise.  I've been informed that I scream in my sleep, occasionally."  Don't think about it.  Don't think about it.  He digs his thumb into the underside of his forearm.  Reese is fine.  She's fine.  "It shouldn't be bad, but... you should at least know, since tents aren't exactly soundproof."

"If it bothers you, it's all right if you don't want to bunk or if you want to sleep somewhere on the outskirts of camp."

Just now, Condensation said:

"If it bothers you, it's all right if you don't want to bunk or if you want to sleep somewhere on the outskirts of camp."

"No, it's worse if I'm alone."  Should he say it?  No, he's past that, but he can allude.  "I'm, ah, not actually supposed to bunk on my own right now.  I can be a danger to myself.  Not to others," He hastens to say.  "But... there were some bad incidents."

1 minute ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"No, it's worse if I'm alone."  Should he say it?  No, he's past that, but he can allude.  "I'm, ah, not actually supposed to bunk on my own right now.  I can be a danger to myself.  Not to others," He hastens to say.  "But... there were some bad incidents."

Daolan tries to keep his eyes from filling with pity, he knows that that can often be misconstrued. "Okay. So, who's willing to bunk with... sorry, I didn't catch your name."

Just now, Condensation said:

Daolan tries to keep his eyes from filling with pity, he knows that that can often be misconstrued. "Okay. So, who's willing to bunk with... sorry, I didn't catch your name."

"My name's Martin."  He knows that look, the attempt to not give it.  He'd seen it too often, before he started wearing the arm wraps.  Reese still gets them.  He knows how much she hates it.  But she hates the bionic, nerveless fingers more.  "And thank you." he adds. 

Just now, Spren of Kindness said:

"My name's Martin."  He knows that look, the attempt to not give it.  He'd seen it too often, before he started wearing the arm wraps.  Reese still gets them.  He knows how much she hates it.  But she hates the bionic, nerveless fingers more.  "And thank you." he adds. 

"It's no problem. I believe my bed is currently occupied, I will join you. Anyone else?"

"Yeah, whatever. You guys can have your boring boy tent. Anyone want to join me in the new girls' tent?" Herate grins.

13 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"It's no problem. I believe my bed is currently occupied, I will join you. Anyone else?"

"Yeah, whatever. You guys can have your boring boy tent. Anyone want to join me in the new girls' tent?" Herate grins.

Quoting so you see this: there's some stuff I'm really hoping to get written for Martin, would you be interesting in having Daolan interact in that?  It's part of the stuff in Martin's POV a couple posts up.  Maybe PM me if you're interested so we can talk about that?

2 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Quoting so you see this: there's some stuff I'm really hoping to get written for Martin, would you be interesting in having Daolan interact in that?  It's part of the stuff in Martin's POV a couple posts up.  Maybe PM me if you're interested so we can talk about that?

Yeah, okay! I'll find that one somewhere. :)

On 10/28/2020 at 6:03 PM, Enter a username said:

"I... have no idea." Enter was clearly going through about a million possibilities a second. Then, realization dawned on him. "Everyone! Everyone! We need to talk!"

@Channelknight Fadran @DramaQueen @Condensation @Bearer of all agonies @Kings_way @Spren of Kindness (Did I forget anyone?)

"Yes?!" says T.

On 10/31/2020 at 9:26 PM, Nathrangking said:

I gather my courage and strength. To run from fear will lead us to disaster. It will make us prisoners of the most trapped sort. I take a deep breath and allow the complexity of my love, fear, and concern flow through. "We cannot stop feeling fear. I used to speak of this as a theory. I am afraid daughter. For the first time I am truly afraid. I cannot simply take your fear away. When you are ready to talk I am here."

"As am I, Fox. As am I." Circestran stands to the side keeping watch, but extending her awareness all around her.

"I am also here... for you, father," Fox said finding her voice in a quavering whisper. Her next words felt right, though Fox didn't know if she herself fully comprehended them yet, "as long as we have each other, everything's going to be ok..." her whisper trailed off. The anger and the fear did not go away, but somehow, it seemed just a little bit less important. Fox remembered feeling this way, once before. She was learning to love again.

1 hour ago, Scarletfox said:

"I am also here... for you, father," Fox said finding her voice in a quavering whisper. Her next words felt right, though Fox didn't know if she herself fully comprehended them yet, "as long as we have each other, everything's going to be ok..." her whisper trailed off. The anger and the fear did not go away, but somehow, it seemed just a little bit less important. Fox remembered feeling this way, once before. She was learning to love again.

I find her words calming like a waves lapping at the sands of a sleep blessed shore. Despite all of my fear and weakness somehow she manages to break through. "There is so much that I would tell you if I just knew how. I have seen so much. I had a nightmare daughter. This is why I was crying as I was. It was a terrible thing. It taunted me for my mortality. I was mocked for being unable to save Circestran. It forced me to watch both of you suffer while I could not stop it. I did not fear for my self. I feared that it would be a prophecy of doom for us all. However, it won't be. It cannot be." All of my troubles seem to matter far less now. They are trivial.

"Nath." Her whisper fills the air. She longs to go to him, but she stays where she is.

On 11/4/2020 at 10:17 AM, Nathrangking said:

I find her words calming like a waves lapping at the sands of a sleep blessed shore. Despite all of my fear and weakness somehow she manages to break through. "There is so much that I would tell you if I just knew how. I have seen so much. I had a nightmare daughter. This is why I was crying as I was. It was a terrible thing. It taunted me for my mortality. I was mocked for being unable to save Circestran. It forced me to watch both of you suffer while I could not stop it. I did not fear for my self. I feared that it would be a prophecy of doom for us all. However, it won't be. It cannot be." All of my troubles seem to matter far less now. They are trivial.

"Nath." Her whisper fills the air. She longs to go to him, but she stays where she is.

Fox gripped father's hand tightly, and tried to strengthen her quavering voice. "I'm right here, and I'm not going away," she said confidently, though the sound was only barely more than a whisper.

2 hours ago, Scarletfox said:
Fox gripped father's hand tightly, and tried to strengthen her quavering voice. "I'm right here, and I'm not going away," she said confidently, though the sound was only barely more than a whisper.

I can feel a warmth fill me as my daughter expresses love and strength that I had seen within her long before it had come forth. Her words contain true conviction and they drive fear from me. "I wish that I could give you worlds. Once I would have been able to. Now all I can truly give you is myself.  I will be with you always."

Circestran silently takes in the scene. 

15 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Is it nighttime now?

Sure!

As the sun passed below the horizon, Daolan looked over. "Okay, everyone should probably head to bed. I'm going to go requisition a tent for Martin and me, good night!"

Herate smiled and hugged him gently before walking behind the command tent to check on Fox and Nath. After that, she'd go to bed.

T is heading to a tent, but decides to check on everyone. She discovers Ember's absence and starts looking around. 

Ember sits on a log in the woods, his elbows on his legs, his palms to his face. A fire flickers nearby, small enough not to be seen. What can I do?

Edited by Mist
Flame on!