The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

Wrenden looked up as Taln dashed away like a madman. "Taln!" He cried out, but the Herald was too far away. Wrenden cursed and ran after him, dropping the dynamite. It had been carefully made and wouldn't explode just from that. He moved through the trees, attempting to catch up. He drank a flask to give him some adrenaline and speed, but he doubted he would be able to catch up until Taln (hopefully) stopped. 

This Taln is the herald, right? I can change it if he's not.

@Bearer of all agonies

Edited by Kings_way

2 minutes ago, Kings_way said:

Wrenden looked up as Taln dashed away like a madman. "Taln!" He cried out, but the Herald was too far away. Wrenden cursed and ran after him, dropping the dynamite. It had been carefully made and wouldn't explode just from that. He moved through the trees, attempting to catch up. He drank a flask to give him some adrenaline and speed, but he doubted he would be able to catch up until Taln (hopefully) stopped. 

I think it's just Bearer's character, but who am I to say?

@Bearer of all agonies

5 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

"It would be improper of us to take your beds from you. Despite wishing to put up a front of strength commanders who do not sleep are useless to those that they command. Exhaustion will catch up with them. Requisitioned beds will be fine."

"You both need rest Fox." Worry oozes from Circe's eyes. "I can only guess what happened to him, but I know this. You will both burn yourselves out if you continue on without rest. You ground him. He will listen to you."

Fox closed her eyes for a moment, then opened them, and gave a nod, though she didn't open her mouth.

2 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

"I should hope that you don't. You are too kind. I accept your hospitality. As soon as I have rested sufficiently we shall begin to prepare your army for combat against the enemy." I rise on trembling legs.

Fox rushed over to father, anxious about how wobbly he looked. He looked so weak, but this time, it didn't seem to be such a bad thing to Fox. Somehow, the frailty of her father made her feel... quite fond. Fox offered an arm of support, "where are we going, father?" she asked curiously, though softly.

Edited by Scarletfox

2 hours ago, Condensation said:

Daolan offered Nath a hand. "Both of our tents are just behind this command tent."

"Fox, would you like to sleep as well?" Herate asked.

2 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

Fox closed her eyes for a moment, then opened them, and gave a nod, though she didn't open her mouth.

Fox rushed over to father, anxious about how wobbly he looked. He looked so weak, but this time, it didn't seem to be such a bad thing to Fox. Somehow, the frailty of her father made her feel... quite fond. Fox offered an arm of support, "where are we going, father?" she asked curiously, though softly.

I nod my head in thanks even as I take my daughter's steadying arm. While I lack much strength I still allow a faint smile to cut through the depths of my seemingly eternal fog. A comfort takes hold of me and drives the fear of weakness which lingers from this world. Somehow my newly found daughter makes all else matter just a little less. A warmth like that of the heart of fire warms me. Feeling returns to my form and awakens in me a new level of love which spins a spell of unnatural proportions. "To rest daughter. I don't think that I should neglect sleep any longer. We have been offered places to sleep. Sleep would do us both well." 

I turn to Daolan. "Please lead the way if you would."

6 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I nod my head in thanks even as I take my daughter's steadying arm. While I lack much strength I still allow a faint smile to cut through the depths of my seemingly eternal fog. A comfort takes hold of me and drives the fear of weakness which lingers from this world. Somehow my newly found daughter makes all else matter just a little less. A warmth like that of the heart of fire warms me. Feeling returns to my form and awakens in me a new level of love which spins a spell of unnatural proportions. "To rest daughter. I don't think that I should neglect sleep any longer. We have been offered places to sleep. Sleep would do us both well." 

Daolan turns and leads the way behind the command tent to between his and Herate's tents. "Here you go. Please, come find me when you wake."

9 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

Fox tenderly led Nath to where Daolan had brought them, and helped him over to one of the two cots in the tent. "Goodnight, my dear father," She said softly.

11 hours ago, Condensation said:

Daolan turns and leads the way behind the command tent to between his and Herate's tents. "Here you go. Please, come find me when you wake."

8 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

Fox tenderly led Nath to where Daolan had brought them, and helped him over to one of the two cots in the tent. "Goodnight, my dear father," She said softly.

I follow Daolan as the mist grows heavier. I nod vaguely aware of my surroundings and the words that have been spoken. Fox and I enter the tent and she leads me over to one of the cots. I gingerly sink down and lay on what feels to be a cloud. I close my eyes and the mist whisks me far away. I sink down into the embrace of sleep.

Circestran appears beside Fox. "Sleep now. I'll keep watch."

Edited by Nathrangking

Daolan left the tent as quietly as he could manage, hoping not to wake them.

As Daolan rounded the tent, Herate walked up to him. "Are they okay?"

"Yes, they were just tired." Daolan looked down, considering whether or not now was a good time. Better now than never, he thought. "So... what happened?"

"It's a long story."

"Well, we've got time."

Herate sighed. "Well..."

10 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I follow Daolan as the mist grows heavier. I nod vaguely aware of my surroundings and the words that have been spoken. Fox and I enter the tent and she leads me over to one of the cots. I gingerly sink down and lay on what feels to be a cloud. I close my eyes and the mist whisks me far away. I sink down into the embrace of sleep.

Circestran appears beside Fox. "Sleep now. I'll keep watch."

Fox looked at father resting in the bliss of sleep, he had been born lucky to be able to descend into rest that easily. Fox moved to the corner of the tent, not sparing even a glance at the spare cot. She curled into a tight ball, her uninjured hand resting on the hilt of her knife. She closed her eyes, but did not sleep. Her senses were alert to all that happened around her, though her mind wandered to the revelations of the day. Winter had killed her brother, and Fox had tried to kill herself. Anger and hatred crept into her heart once more, and Fox drifted into the very dismal world of the night.

It was cold and rainy, the Little Fox could feel the cool breeze blowing lightly upon her cheeks, causing subtle petals to reveal themselves as if they were being pressed against a foggy window pane. The moon's light reflected in streaks of white in the puddles on the cobbled road, as if the angels themselves had proclaimed their defeat by dripping pure shimmery blood as they flew overhead. Wisps of orange impeded the Little Fox's vision slightly, though that was the least of her worries. She swept her hair back, revealing the budding rose on the roundness of her face. The Little Fox hurried through the streets, slinking around the alleys that scarred the sky with their lonely beacons of ash. She could not afford to be slowed tonight by other humans, if the wretches that bothered her could even be called that.

Her hands clasped around a very small dagger she had in her jacket. She would be ready, but then, the Little Fox heard a splash, causing her to bolt into an alley and crouch behind a heavy dumpster. She didn't see anyone, where had the sound originated? Suddenly, the Little Fox became aware of her cold leg, it would appear that she had stepped in a puddle and scared herself half out of her wits. If she weren't trying to be quiet, she would have laughed bitterly. Then, she felt a soft hand on her shoulder sending a spike of electricity through her body, and the Little Fox turned deftly and slammed her fist into the person's nose, following up by grabbing their hair and slamming her knew into their jaw.

She recognized the chuckling that came from a silhouetted figure at the entrance of the alley, but she somehow managed to stay calm, though could feel a growing seed of terror sprout from within her chest painfully. The Little Fox gripped that dagger with all she had, and began backing up deeper into the alley. Angel's blood gleamed on the tin trash can, but beyond that, it was pitch black. The Little Fox, however, had a secret. She slowly backed away, keeping her eyes on the man. She glanced down to see if she was at the right place for half a second, but when she looked back up, the silhouette was gone. It would appear that the terror had been planted during the earliest days of the universe, and grew at record speeds turning into a miniature tree inside of the Little Fox in seconds. It was getting too big, for a body such as hers, so the Little Fox had to let out a little whimper.

Just then, she felt the metal beneath her feet, and let out a sigh of relief. She had made it. She jumped and landed on one side of the metal circle, and felt the heart wrenching experience of falling into the abyss below the ground, when a strong hand on her neck jerked her poor little heart back out. Gasping for breath, the Little Fox tried to pry free the strong fingers to no avail, and could feel herself being slowly dragged out of her home, before she remembered what was in her pocket.

A shriek, the loosening of grips, a crunch, and a lost dagger. The Little Fox's heart beat violently in her chest, and she dragged herself by her hands through the sewer, her tears mixing with the grime from pain from her crushed leg. Or were they of joy that she had momentarily escaped her brother? The Little Fox didn't know.

You can blame Dickens for that. I'm reading Tale of Two Cities.

Edited by Scarletfox

Shadows bleed light before me. Demons long since slain rise and erect a landscape. Laughter formed in the soul of a realm born to flames of ice is a ring around me. Blinding illumination fills the entirety of the world. Infernal creatures whose horns are flame and whose tongues bear the most ancient tongues screech and roar. All vision is theirs. They hold two forms bound in their hands. Chains of frozen iron bind them. Wings of eagles are held in a vise of razors. Bloodied feathers are rain upon a darkened and burned earth. Gold on onyx is crushed underfoot. A struggling hoodie is pushed about from clawed hand to clawed hand.

Frigid sound rattles my bones. I reach for a weapon, but none comes to my hands. I open my mouth to roar or cry out, but I cannot. Words shatter within me and attempt to cut their way out. "What's the matter warrior? Why don't you come for them? Can't you save them." Voices as glass exploding within an inferno stab me from all sides. I run forward, but they are further away with every step that I take. I cross the length of all realities and yet I can come no closer. 

They slash and strike their captives relishing the screams that fly from their lips. Smoke floats tauntingly around the monsters. Blows that grow mightier by the moment rain down upon the defenseless. Tears descend as bones shatter. Howls and pleading voices summon ever more demons from hidden places beyond any eyes. Knives flash as they approach through the legions that seek blood.

I cry out and curse at the demonic creatures. Archaic babble flies from my chapped and split lips. I fall to my knees. I can't move. I'm frozen. The cries call to me, but I cannot pursue them. My head is in my hands. Everything fades away except the cries. They beg me to come. I cry softly.

@Scarletfox

Taln leaps ten feet into the air, jumping over a rock. He dashes around a hill, and sprints up the rock. Then, he freezes. 
“No. Nonononono. Nooooooooo!”

He falls to his knees, sobbing. 
“I said. . . That I would be there. . . I would be there when I’m needed. But. . . No. I failed. Again.” Taln collapses, unconscious. 

33 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Taln leaps ten feet into the air, jumping over a rock. He dashes around a hill, and sprints up the rock. Then, he freezes. 
“No. Nonononono. Nooooooooo!”

He falls to his knees, sobbing. 
“I said. . . That I would be there. . . I would be there when I’m needed. But. . . No. I failed. Again.” Taln collapses, unconscious. 

Wrenden halted, breathing heavily. Taln had finally stopped, and - wait, where was Taln? He looked around and saw him, on the ground. Wrenden looked around to see if Taln had been attacked, but the forest was still and silent. Deciding that he wouldn't be in any more danger by Taln then standing around, he rushed to Taln's side. and checked for vitals. He felt a pulse and sighed in relief. Just unconscious. Nothing else seemed to be wrong. He grabbed a vial strong-smelling salts and held it under Taln's nose, hoping that the scent would wake him up.

On 10/23/2020 at 11:42 AM, Mist said:

"So, what do we do now?" asked T. "I could probably use some melee training."

In the woods, Ember paces nervously, kindling small fires in the palm of his hand, then extinguishing them, over and over again. After a few minutes, he hears a voice in his head. Hello, Ember. "Hello, Tawny." You've changed locations. "I have, yes. What about that?" Why? Have you found Tara yet? "I joined with a group to survive a horde of batthings." What do I tell her? he thought. And Tara?

"I haven't found her." I hate lying, but . Are you sure about that? Ember panics. He mentally shoves against her presence in his mind, and it's enough. Barely. "What can I do?" he says aloud, exasperated, and begins pacing. "I shouldn't go back to camp, but where else could I go? And T--no, Tara--will come after me, but she can't."

"It's been a long day, but I can still train. Where are your training grounds?" asks T.

1 minute ago, Mist said:

"I haven't found her." I hate lying, but . Are you sure about that? Ember panics. He mentally shoves against her presence in his mind, and it's enough. Barely. "What can I do?" he says aloud, exasperated, and begins pacing. "I shouldn't go back to camp, but where else could I go? And T--no, Tara--will come after me, but she can't."

"It's been a long day, but I can still train. Where are your training grounds?" asks T.

Me?

Sure! I think all we did was jump through a portal into sel, and now we are plannig a rebellion. Also, there was a moment when Fadran and Queen kissed! Isn't that great! They were kissing in a tree, so I started singing, 'Queen and Fadran sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.'   It was hilarious. 

Also, me and turtle started a giant food fight in: The Fellowship: The Seasonal. I think it's still going on.

Edited by Bearer of all agonies

A familiar scream shattered the eerie silence causing the Little Fox's heartbeat to race even further. Her tears mixed with the grime, or was it grime? It smelled awfully different than normal, how had she not noticed this? So she did what any other upstanding little urchin would do, she dipped her finger in and tasted it. It twanged metallic on her tongue-- it was something the Little Fox recognized with horror. On her hands and knees, the Little Fox had been pulling herself through a sewer of blood.

She jumped up and stood on one leg leaning against the wall, wanting more than anything to get out of there, when a hand formed around her smashed ankle. She shrieked in terror as it yanked her down deep into the blood, which was no longer a sewer, but a vast ocean of blood, or it seemed. The hand dragged her deeper and deeper until her stinging eyes saw no light. She thrashed around in the blood, but to no avail, the grip was strong and firm. The Little Fox held her breath, trying to keep the ocean of blood from stripping away the very life from her. But she could not hold it in forever, she felt her heart rate increasing even further, and the panic constricting around her throat like the choking waves themselves.

The Little Fox could no longer see or hear anything, but she had to breathe in, against her will, her body contracted. Then, she coughed, and the blood came spattering out all over a beautiful marble like face, who held her close to him. She laughed lightly, Winter had saved her again. But then, Little Fox sombered, and her face turned to hatred, this was not her angel. It seemed that Winter sensed something was wrong as well, for his jaw suddenly went slack. He took the knife already buried in Fox's stomach, and twisted it.

Fox leapt from her slumber knives out, in a battle stance, alert senses, and her heart thundering in her head louder than it should have. Though she didn't scream or say a peep. Her horror was solely internal, except for maybe the stricken look plastered upon her face. Fox frantically searched the room with her eyes for threats, and even though she saw none, she did not relax.

3 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

A familiar scream shattered the eerie silence causing the Little Fox's heartbeat to race even further. Her tears mixed with the grime, or was it grime? It smelled awfully different than normal, how had she not noticed this? So she did what any other upstanding little urchin would do, she dipped her finger in and tasted it. It twanged metallic on her tongue-- it was something the Little Fox recognized with horror. On her hands and knees, the Little Fox had been pulling herself through a sewer of blood.

She jumped up and stood on one leg leaning against the wall, wanting more than anything to get out of there, when a hand formed around her smashed ankle. She shrieked in terror as it yanked her down deep into the blood, which was no longer a sewer, but a vast ocean of blood, or it seemed. The hand dragged her deeper and deeper until her stinging eyes saw no light. She thrashed around in the blood, but to no avail, the grip was strong and firm. The Little Fox held her breath, trying to keep the ocean of blood from stripping away the very life from her. But she could not hold it in forever, she felt her heart rate increasing even further, and the panic constricting around her throat like the choking waves themselves.

The Little Fox could no longer see or hear anything, but she had to breathe in, against her will, her body contracted. Then, she coughed, and the blood came spattering out all over a beautiful marble like face, who held her close to him. She laughed lightly, Winter had saved her again. But then, Little Fox sombered, and her face turned to hatred, this was not her angel. It seemed that Winter sensed something was wrong as well, for his jaw suddenly went slack. He took the knife already buried in Fox's stomach, and twisted it.

Fox leapt from her slumber knives out, in a battle stance, alert senses, and her heart thundering in her head louder than it should have. Though she didn't scream or say a peep. Her horror was solely internal, except for maybe the stricken look plastered upon her face. Fox frantically searched the room with her eyes for threats, and even though she saw none, she did not relax.

My body heaves softly as I cry. An emotionless laugh grabs me and delivers a thousand blows to my sobbing form.  Bones splinter within me and utter agony takes flight. Again and again I curl into a ball as I am mercilessly assaulted. The whole world is lost to me. Repeatedly I am stricken. Every portion of my body is aflame. Total darkness surrounds me and I am sinking in field of bones. Ivory is stark against the shadows that grow deeper around me. Drumbeats beat against the inside of my skull.

"Did you think that you were going to win? A mortal bug like you will burn away before me." The whispering voice permeates the landscape. Images of a figure in a hoodie and one who is winged appear. They are throne to the ground and cry out. In moments they are one with the sea.

I cry out. I cannot breath. Deeper and deeper I descend until I can see nothing at all. A tomb holds me tight. Every movement is like my flesh being seared from bone. My heart speeds up almost impossibly. Rivers of sweat pools across my face. Faces appear to me mocking my existence. My daughter and wife are in agony. They were destroyed in the war that I caused. All that I can do is cry. Salty tears drip and drop among the grinning eyeless prison.

My eyes open and I am drenched with sweat. Tears spill down my face. My breathing is almost unnaturally loud in the quiet tent. The exhaustion that had taken hold is gone, but my heart races. Tremors of terror take my every limb.