The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to frustrate you."

Queen looked up at him, concerned. "You didn't frustrate me! It's these powers. Life was a lot simpler before I had them, but I know how useful they'll be. It's just...hard, is all."

1 minute ago, DramaQueen said:

Queen looked up at him, concerned. "You didn't frustrate me! It's these powers. Life was a lot simpler before I had them, but I know how useful they'll be. It's just...hard, is all."

Fadran sat down next to her. "Life doesn't get simpler. It only ever really gets more difficult."

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Is it unfortunate, though? I think life would be pretty boring if things only got easier."

"That's true." Queen said thoughtfully. "But it's also boring if it just always gets harder. Where's the diversity in that?"

7 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

Queen shrugged. "It might be concentrational..." It's pretty hard to focus on anything but you.

Wow. You’re really laying it on thick. :P

4 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I return my attention to Daolan. "The first step is to make this camp more difficult to assault. The enemy may come. If they do you will want to make things difficult for them. If you have not already set traps at intervals surrounding this camp. Select your best fighters and relieve them of their duties. I shall begin their training as soon as possible."

Hey f you need me I can make walls. Or I could summon a small army.

On 10/23/2020 at 4:57 PM, Condensation said:

"Of course." Daolan stood up and marched toward the camp's perimeter.

Herate tilted her head. "We're fairly certain that they don't know where our camp is, we've been relying on stealth to hide us."

I cannot focus my eyes on Herate. It is taking much of my strength to remain seated and not to fall over. "It may be that you have managed to remain hidden, but one must not take a chance. If your enemies come you must be ready for them. An army is defeated by lack of preparation. If the traps are unnecessary then you are most fortunate indeed. I apologize for my suggestion of a contest of first blood. A point had to be made."

On 10/23/2020 at 5:09 PM, Scarletfox said:

"It is ok," Fox said softly. She did not want to be separated from her newly found father quite yet, so she added, "I think I will be ok. Perhaps I will look around a bit." She began to wander around, looking at the trees, though keeping an eye on father.

Circestran appears beside Fox. "He can be reckless at times. The fire within him never dulls and he is every bit as mighty as he appears. Sometimes though he takes risks. He needs you to ground him as much as you need him."

Just now, Nathrangking said:

I cannot focus my eyes on Herate. It is taking much of my strength to remain seated and not to fall over. "It may be that you have managed to remain hidden, but one must not take a chance. If your enemies come you must be ready for them. An army is defeated by lack of preparation. If the traps are unnecessary then you are most fortunate indeed. I apologize for my suggestion of a contest of first blood. A point had to be made."

"It's all right." Herate nodded. "Can... Would you like someplace to sleep? You look exhausted."

3 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

Circestran appears beside Fox. "He can be reckless at times. The fire within him never dulls and he is every bit as mighty as he appears. Sometimes though he takes risks. He needs you to ground him as much as you need him."

Fox was slowly tearing apart a leaf. “Yes,” She said softly, “perhaps that is so.” Something about the idea that somebody wanted her and needed her warmed Fox’s heart for some reason. She pulled another leaf from a pocket, and began tearing it apart. Once finished she let the stem drift to the ground. Then, she stuffed the rest of the leaves from her pocket into her mouth and swallowed them in a gulp. Crunchy.

3 hours ago, Condensation said:

"It's all right." Herate nodded. "Can... Would you like someplace to sleep? You look exhausted."

I nod without really paying much attention to what I am doing. "That might be wise. A few hours of rest will serve me well I think. Fox will also require sleeping quarters."

35 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

Fox was slowly tearing apart a leaf. “Yes,” She said softly, “perhaps that is so.” Something about the idea that somebody wanted her and needed her warmed Fox’s heart for some reason. She pulled another leaf from a pocket, and began tearing it apart. Once finished she let the stem drift to the ground. Then, she stuffed the rest of the leaves from her pocket into her mouth and swallowed them in a gulp. Crunchy.

Circestran frowns. "You are fortunate that those are likely not poisonous. You should be careful. The world is dangerous enough without taking unneeded risks. Nath can only do so much you know. Eating leaves that could endanger your health is not something that he can stop you from doing. I think that rest would serve you well."

Edited by Nathrangking

14 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I nod without really paying much attention to what I am doing. "That might be wise. A few hours of rest will serve me well I think. Fox will also require sleeping quarters."

Circestran frowns. "You are fortunate that those are likely not poisonous. You should be careful. The world is dangerous enough without taking unneeded risks. Nath can only do so much you know. Eating leaves that could endanger your health is not something that he can stop you from doing. I think that rest would serve you well."

Daolan nodded. "We can requisition tents from the quartermaster, or you can take Herate's and my beds. Your choice."

9 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

Fox cocked her head quizzically at the comment about the leaves, sighing inwardly. These people were strange. When Circe recommended rest, Fox’s fatigue washed over her, but no, she was not going to leave her father’s side. “I’m going to stay with father, I think.”

Edited by Scarletfox

8 hours ago, Condensation said:

Daolan nodded. "We can requisition tents from the quartermaster, or you can take Herate's and my beds. Your choice."

"It would be improper of us to take your beds from you. Despite wishing to put up a front of strength commanders who do not sleep are useless to those that they command. Exhaustion will catch up with them. Requisitioned beds will be fine."

6 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

Fox cocked her head quizzically at the comment about the leaves, sighing inwardly. These people were strange. When Circe recommended rest, Fox’s fatigue washed over her, but no, she was not going to leave her father’s side. “I’m going to stay with father, I think.”

"You both need rest Fox." Worry oozes from Circe's eyes. "I can only guess what happened to him, but I know this. You will both burn yourselves out if you continue on without rest. You ground him. He will listen to you."

2 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

"It would be improper of us to take your beds from you. Despite wishing to put up a front of strength commanders who do not sleep are useless to those that they command. Exhaustion will catch up with them. Requisitioned beds will be fine."

"You both need rest Fox." Worry oozes from Circe's eyes. "I can only guess what happened to him, but I know this. You will both burn yourselves out if you continue on without rest. You ground him. He will listen to you."

"I mean, it is the middle of the day. I don't often make a habit of sleeping during the middle of the day." Daolan grinned. "If we need to, we can requisition beds for ourselves come night time. For now, it's fine if you take our beds."

24 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"I mean, it is the middle of the day. I don't often make a habit of sleeping during the middle of the day." Daolan grinned. "If we need to, we can requisition beds for ourselves come night time. For now, it's fine if you take our beds."

"I should hope that you don't. You are too kind. I accept your hospitality. As soon as I have rested sufficiently we shall begin to prepare your army for combat against the enemy." I rise on trembling legs.

1 minute ago, Nathrangking said:

"I should hope that you don't. You are too kind. I accept your hospitality. As soon as I have rested sufficiently we shall begin to prepare your army for combat against the enemy." I rise on trembling legs.

Daolan offered Nath a hand. "Both of our tents are just behind this command tent."

"Fox, would you like to sleep as well?" Herate asked.