The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Maybe. Now, without looking, try teleporting a few feet backwards."

Queen did so nervously. She wasn't certain of what was behind her, but she managed to sort of...feel a tug behind her. She pulled on it, and teleported back a few feet.

2 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

Queen did so nervously. She wasn't certain of what was behind her, but she managed to sort of...feel a tug behind her. She pulled on it, and teleported back a few feet.

"Huh... one would think that it'd be more difficult to teleport somewhere that you can't see. So is it distance? Is it just concentration?"

12 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Huh... one would think that it'd be more difficult to teleport somewhere that you can't see. So is it distance? Is it just concentration?"

Queen looked confused. "Randomness? Chance? I have no clue."

1 minute ago, DramaQueen said:

"Well...I have them."

"I guess it'd probably be safer to not start off with weapons." Fadran plants his Channelblade on the ground, then takes off his backpack and leans it up against his sword. "Your job is to use whatever magic you can to punch me in the face. My job is to not get punched in the face. Think you can do that?"

4 hours ago, Condensation said:

Daolan nods. It is obvious that this man has much wisdom to impart, and Daolan has never been one to reject help offered. "That would be much appreciated, thank you."

I allow my fatigue to flow with ease. I lack the strength to suppress it. A hardness glows within my eyes even as the rest of my body is assaulted by an exhaustion and twinges of pain which buries it. "There is much to do. The best course I think is to begin planning and implementing a plan as soon as possible. It is difficult to begin to train 150 students at once even if you have the wisest single teacher. While you actively fight your enemy you cannot spare all of your troops. Strategy will be key to..." I trail off.

1 hour ago, Scarletfox said:

Fox yelped when Nath went into the duel, she could see how it was straining on him.

Afterwards, she walked up and placed a hand on his shoulder. Fox was proud of her father for his strength, but was worried that he would work himself too hard. Again. The hand she had placed on father's shoulder, she realized, was the bandaged one. It was aching, badly, but Fox would live. 

@Nathrangking

I trail off when I feel my daughter's hand come to rest on my shoulder. I turn to her. "I apologize for having tun off as I did. Perhaps we should get you quarters where you can rest. I will be here a while longer." I let my love be a beacon shining through my fatigue.

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I guess it'd probably be safer to not start off with weapons." Fadran plants his Channelblade on the ground, then takes off his backpack and leans it up against his sword. "Your job is to use whatever magic you can to punch me in the face. My job is to not get punched in the face. Think you can do that?"

"I don't want to hurt you!"

"I just fell out of a tree, and that basically tickled."

Queen rolled her eyes. "Fine. I probably won't be able to do much, anyway." Queen gathered a ball of magic in her mind, and, similarly to how she enhanced magic, pushed the energy to Fadran, though this time, it was a physical ball, not just a transfer of strength.

Just now, DramaQueen said:

Queen rolled her eyes. "Fine. I probably won't be able to do much, anyway." Queen gathered a ball of magic in her mind, and, similarly to how she enhanced magic, pushed the energy to Fadran, though this time, it was a physical ball, not just a transfer of strength.

Fadran stumbled backwards. "That was weird!"

40 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I allow my fatigue to flow with ease. I lack the strength to suppress it. A hardness glows within my eyes even as the rest of my body is assaulted by an exhaustion and twinges of pain which buries it. "There is much to do. The best course I think is to begin planning and implementing a plan as soon as possible. It is difficult to begin to train 150 students at once even if you have the wisest single teacher. While you actively fight your enemy you cannot spare all of your troops. Strategy will be key to..." I trail off.

I trail off when I feel my daughter's hand come to rest on my shoulder. I turn to her. "I apologize for having tun off as I did. Perhaps we should get you quarters where you can rest. I will be here a while longer." I let my love be a beacon shining through my fatigue.

"Yes. I have many beginnings of plans, but I don't know how to continue and expand upon them. I'm sure we can find a suitable living space, there are many extra tents."

7 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Yes. I have many beginnings of plans, but I don't know how to continue and expand upon them. I'm sure we can find a suitable living space, there are many extra tents."

I return my attention to Daolan. "The first step is to make this camp more difficult to assault. The enemy may come. If they do you will want to make things difficult for them. If you have not already set traps at intervals surrounding this camp. Select your best fighters and relieve them of their duties. I shall begin their training as soon as possible."

1 minute ago, Nathrangking said:

I return my attention to Daolan. "The first step is to make this camp more difficult to assault. The enemy may come. If they do you will want to make things difficult for them. If you have not already set traps at intervals surrounding this camp. Select your best fighters and relieve them of their duties. I shall begin their training as soon as possible."

"Of course." Daolan stood up and marched toward the camp's perimeter.

Herate tilted her head. "We're fairly certain that they don't know where our camp is, we've been relying on stealth to hide us."

29 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I meant try to actually run up and punch me in the face, but I guess that works too. You can telekinetically punch people? That's pretty dang cool!"

"I thought that's what you meant when you told me to use my magic to punch you in the face!"

"I meant, like, teleport around and try to punch me, but that's not the point! The point is, you can telekinetically punch people, and that's awesome!"

"Seems there's a lot that I'm capable of doing. And I don't understand any of it."

"Seems there's a lot that I'm capable of doing. And I don't understand any of it."

"Well, do you like telekenetically punching people? Do you prefer teleportation? Would you rather turn invisible and stab people while they can't see you? With so much diversity, there's a number of directions we could go with your fighting style."

1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

"It is ok," Fox said softly. She did not want to be separated from her newly found father quite yet, so she added, "I think I will be ok. Perhaps I will look around a bit." She began to wander around, looking at the trees, though keeping an eye on father.

Just pretend this happened correctly in the timeline :P

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Well, do you like telekinetically punching people? Do you prefer teleportation? Would you rather turn invisible and stab people while they can't see you? With so much diversity, there's a number of directions we could go with your fighting style."

You keep misspelling telekinetically.

"I don't know!" Queen sat down on the ground. "The telekinetic punching takes a while, so I'd probably need to be invisible and dodging blows while I prepare a punch. Teleportation takes a lot of focus, so maybe using it during a fight wouldn't be the best idea."

"I don't know!" Queen sat down on the ground. "The telekinetic punching takes a while, so I'd probably need to be invisible and dodging blows while I prepare a punch. Teleportation takes a lot of focus, so maybe using it during a fight wouldn't be the best idea."

"I... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to frustrate you."