The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

5 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Vapor looked up. "Well, I guess it's those hungry things I heard so much about. May I have my pen back? I might need it to, you know, defend us."

"Hungry things?" said James nervously, holding the pen out for her to take. "I mean... I know the pen is mightier than the sword - I am an Archivist, after all - but I also don't try to take down monsters on a regular basis."

@Vapor

11 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"She can. She has mastered the art of manipulation and control."

"Blikit," cursed Jeffery, worry evident in his voice. "I knew she was hiding something." He clenched his fist. That asch, he thought. Listening to all that talk about letting her decide for herself, when she intended to control her the entire time.

"We have to rescue her," he found himself saying. "Nath, do you know where Rish is keeping her?"

@Nathrangking

5 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Hungry things?" said James nervously, holding the pen out for her to take. "I mean... I know the pen is mightier than the sword - I am an Archivist, after all - but I also don't try to take down monsters on a regular basis."

@Vapor

"Blikit," cursed Jeffery, worry evident in his voice. "I knew she was hiding something." He clenched his fist. That asch, he thought. Listening to all that talk about letting her decide for herself, when she intended to control her the entire time.

"We have to rescue her," he found himself saying. "Nath, do you know where Rish is keeping her?"

@Nathrangking

Vapor nodded, taking the pen and turning it into a long blade. "I don't try to, but I normally end up doing it anyway."

3 minutes ago, Vapor said:

"It's just a shardblade."

"Ha," said James. "You'll have to forgive me for being impressed. The best I can do is this." He closed his eyes and screwed up his face in concentration. A knife flickered into existence in his hands, made of solid steel with a grip made of a semi-shiny black substance.

"Dead ordinary," he said ruefully. "I'm not advanced enough with Narration to do anything else."

2 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

Nath, what's going on with Patch?

When last we left him he was being overwhelmed by the psychic dagger.

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Winning a fight is more than just being more powerful than whoever it is you're fighting. We're the scudding Fellowship of the Thing. We are a mishmash of loosely related entities! Therefore, by definition, we are basically invincible."

"I admire your bravery. Let's not be over confident though. Rish has destroyed entire pantheons on her own. Her children are not to be trifled with. The one thing we can count on is her daughters. Met ans Mes are more reasonable than she. Her son is the hot head. He is her enforcer, but he is a fool. If we fight her we fight her smart. Do not underestimate her."

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

@Vapor

@Nathrangking

"Rish is clever, but she is a creature of habit. She will have most likely taken Vapor to her mindscape. Do not make the mistake of charging in blind. You have little chance of assaulting her mindscape successfully. None can enter a mindscape without an invitation. Only through a clever strategy will we win."

The air goes still. Whispers fill the air. Soft female voices float. "Surrender to us. Sleep now. Let us take you into darkness. Follow us now." Shapes begin to take form in the air.

@Vapor

Edited by Nathrangking

13 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Ha," said James. "You'll have to forgive me for being impressed. The best I can do is this." He closed his eyes and screwed up his face in concentration. A knife flickered into existence in his hands, made of solid steel with a grip made of a semi-shiny black substance.

"Dead ordinary," he said ruefully. "I'm not advanced enough with Narration to do anything else."

"Well, you're powerful enough to have gotten here," Vapor says, then hears the voices. "There seem to be a bit many," she said a bit nervously.

Edited by Vapor
Glitchy phone so I had to transfer to the laptop

9 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"I admire your bravery. Let's not be over confident though. Rish has destroyed entire pantheons on her own. Her children are not to be trifled with. The one thing we can count on is her daughters. Met ans Mes are more reasonable than she. Her son is the hot head. He is her enforcer, but he is a fool. If we fight her we fight her smart. Do not underestimate her."

"Why would we ever not fight smart? And we never underestimate our enemies!" Fadran recalls literally everyone they've ever faced and pushes them out of his mind.

55 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

When last we left him he was being overwhelmed by the psychic dagger.

Patch wakes, curled up on the floor of the mindscape, the visions he's had still rushing through his head. He files them away for later. The important thing for now is that they've been tricked, and he has to get the girl out of here.

With all these reversals and hidden information, I really hope this is the last one, because otherwise it's going to be really awkward to make my actions make sense.

Vapor stares at the shadows around them. "Storms," she whispers, trying out the curse. "I've become too reliant on others to fight with me. Before I had friends, I would have faced these down fearlessly." She holds Spin up, sighing. "I better hurry this up,"

1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

"Rish is clever, but she is a creature of habit. She will have most likely taken Vapor to her mindscape. Do not make the mistake of charging in blind. You have little chance of assaulting her mindscape successfully. None can enter a mindscape without an invitation. Only through a clever strategy will we win."

"Luckily, we won't need to attack directly," said Jeffery. "We just need to get in, grab Vapor, and get out."

@Nathrangking

1 hour ago, Vapor said:

"Well, you're powerful enough to have gotten here," Vapor says, then hears the voices. "There seem to be a bit many," she said a bit nervously.

"I have no idea how I wound up here," admitted James. "I have... I guess you could call it a sleepwalking problem."

32 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Vapor stares at the shadows around them. "Storms," she whispers, trying out the curse. "I've become too reliant on others to fight with me. Before I had friends, I would have faced these down fearlessly." She holds Spin up, sighing. "I better hurry this up,"

1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

The air goes still. Whispers fill the air. Soft female voices float. "Surrender to us. Sleep now. Let us take you into darkness. Follow us now." Shapes begin to take form in the air.

"Well," said James, "You have me, for what that's worth." He stares at the forming faces and varying voices. Was the temperature dropping, or was that just his imagination? "I don't suppose you know what these are?" he asked, trying to keep his nervousness out of his voice..

@Vapor

42 minutes ago, Vapor said:

"Don't fight us. You have fought well. It is time to rest." The voices grow closer whispering in their ears. Icy winds begin to blow through the air. "Join us. Please join us. We are so lonely. Don't leave us alone." The forms become clearer. Young women appear before Vapor. They are beautiful yet there is an unnatural sadness about them.

If you wish you can call on Mita for help.

7 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Luckily, we won't need to attack directly," said Jeffery. "We just need to get in, grab Vapor, and get out.

"We cannot get in. Well most can't. I may have a way to circumvent the rules, but we must not act hastily. We will save her. She is in no danger so long as Rish needs her. That gives us time to prepare."

Edited by Nathrangking

Just now, Negative_Null said:

Patch walks out the door to the room he was given. Surely this place isn't so big he can't find the girl before he finds the Lady.

@Nathrangking

The air goes still. Whispers fill the air. Soft female voices float. "Surrender to us. Sleep now. Let us take you into darkness. Follow us now." Shapes begin to take form in the air. "Don't fight us. You have fought well. It is time to rest." The voices grow closer whispering in their ears. Icy winds begin to blow through the air. "Join us. Please join us. We are so lonely. Don't leave us alone." The forms become clearer. Young women appear before Vapor. They are beautiful yet there is an unnatural sadness about them.

You can call on Mes if you wish.

30 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Luckily, we won't need to attack directly," said Jeffery. "We just need to get in, grab Vapor, and get out."

@Nathrangking

"I have no idea how I wound up here," admitted James. "I have... I guess you could call it a sleepwalking problem."

"Well," said James, "You have me, for what that's worth." He stares at the forming faces and varying voices. Was the temperature dropping, or was that just his imagination? "I don't suppose you know what these are?" he asked, trying to keep his nervousness out of his voice..

@Vapor

"Nope," Vapor said, doing the exact same thing.

25 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"Don't fight us. You have fought well. It is time to rest." The voices grow closer whispering in their ears. Icy winds begin to blow through the air. "Join us. Please join us. We are so lonely. Don't leave us alone." The forms become clearer. Young women appear before Vapor. They are beautiful yet there is an unnatural sadness about them.

"We cannot get in. Well most can't. I may have a way to circumvent the rules, but we must not act hastily. We will save her. She is in no danger so long as Rish needs her. That gives us time to prepare."

Vapor stares at the ghost/spirits. "No, thanks," she says nervously and grabs James's arm. "Walk away slowly," she mutters.

21 minutes ago, Vapor said:

"Nope," Vapor said, doing the exact same thing.

Vapor stares at the ghost/spirits. "No, thanks," she says nervously and grabs James's arm. "Walk away slowly," she mutters.

James begins to back away slowly.

"Rish didn't tell you anything about these?" he whispered.

@Vapor

53 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"No danger?" says Jeffery pointedly. "You just said that she could manipulate and control Vapor. Every second we leave her in there is another second that Rish can use whatever mind trickery it is she has on my daughter!"

@Nathrangking

6 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"No danger?" says Jeffery pointedly. "You just said that she could manipulate and control Vapor. Every second we leave her in there is another second that Rish can use whatever mind trickery it is she has on my daughter!"

@Nathrangking

I gaze in Jeffery's direction as calmly as I can. I swallow my pain though the winds holding me up start to weaken. "There is no magic or mind trickery. She has learned to tap into the lost parts of the soul. Rish uses truths to find the needs of others to protect, to guard, to be the hero. She uses that against her enemies. She will not physically harm your daughter. No magic is in play only truths. Storming her mindscape to rescue Vapor is doomed to fail. You want to save your daughter. Don't force Rish to do something drastic. Right now that is the best way to keep her safe."