The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

33 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Her name was Rish. Some goddess of magic. My master is keeping tabs on them.

My eyes go wide in horror as I hear that name. All of the agony that rushes through me is meaningless when those words arrive at my ears. "This is very bad." I grit my teeth as I call the winds. They lift me up and I hover above the ground. "If Rish got to Vapor it means that my days are numbered. Leave me. You all go and save that rebellion, but stay far away from me. Take Fox with you. None of you should be harmed if you leave immediately."

I tell you, my winds carrying words to people's ears don't work like they used to.

Edited by Nathrangking

10 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

My smile broadens as I see the genuine joy on Fox's face. Cir she will make you proud. I could almost feel her smile and respond. We''ll see my love. We'll see. A sense of peace washes over me as wave. Trust will come in time, but I think that this is a place to start. "We should rejoin our friend I think. They may worry about us." I descend from the mindscape's border and return to my own mind. My eyes flutter open. I feel myself being carried by some sort of invisible power. I am still in agony, but it rolls off me as though I am shielded by some form of primordial power. I summon a small ingot of power and let the wind carry my whispered words. "Fadran? Queen? What is going on? Where are we going?"

A mysterious figure with emerald eyes appears before Fox as Nath vanishes.  She stands at a height which is neither tall nor short. Her emerald eyes glow with a strange sort of power. Ebony armor made of bone covers her body. Upon her head sits a skull formed of the same bone as the armor with two spiraling horns rising up on either side. A small scar on her right cheek is her only natural flaw. Giant eagle's wings are folded behind her. Hair as raven's feathers run halfway down her back. Soft yet dangerous words fly from her lips. "Who are you and why do you have my knife?"

@DramaQueen @Channelknight Fadran

"Nath! Are you alright?"

10 hours ago, Condensation said:

Herate pushes Hiiri back and stamps herself, then Herial runs over to Nath. "Wait!" she says. "Nath, I need to know, does anything hurt too badly? I promise, once I'm sure you haven't gained any wounds you can talk to Fadran and Queen."

Queen felt another twinge of annoyance that Herial still didn't seem to think that she could handle injuries, but restrained herself from lashing out again. Instead, Queen took a deep, calming breath before approaching Herial. "Hey, I'm really sorry that I got so mad at you earlier. It's just...I was underestimated for a really long time as a child. I had proven that I would be useless in a fight, I didn't know of--or maybe even have--my powers at the time, and there was only one other way for me to be of use to those around me, and that was as a healer. I studied, trained, practiced, fought my way to the knowledge I have of medicine, and--even with my powers--I still feel like healing is where my true strength lies. The way that you seem to come by it so easily--one stamp and you're good--makes me feel like all that hard work was for nothing. I often feel like the weakest link in this group; it seems like everything that I can do, so can someone else. Not only that, but that someone else usually tends to be better at it than me. I won't deny that you are most definitely a better doctor than I am; my emotions always seem to get the better of me, while you always know exactly what to do, how to do it, and when to do it. Just because I'm jealous of your skill doesn't mean that I should let that jealousy carry me, and I really don't want to anymore." To Queen's shock, she felt a small tear cascade down her face. She ignored it, hoping that Herial hadn't noticed it. 

"So, I'm sorry. An apology probably isn't good enough to make up for the way that I acted, but that's all I have right now. I'll do my best to keep my temper, but I can't promise anything; like I said, my emotions tend to take over my actions. Just know that, if I do lash out like that again, I don't fully mean it. I may be feeling that way at the time, but you are really kind, and your skills are beyond compare. I'd like to be your friend, if you're willing to forgive me. If not, I completely understand. My actions were uncalled for, and I guess what I'm trying to say with all of these words is just...please forgive me?"

8 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

My eyes go wide in horror as I hear that name. All of the agony that rushes through me is meaningless when those words arrive at my ears. "This is very bad." I grit my teeth as I call the winds. They lift me up and I hover above the ground. "If Rish got to Vapor it means that my days are numbered. Leave me. You all go and save that rebellion, but stay far away from me. Take Fox with you. Non of you should be harmed if you leave immediately."

Vale stares up at Nath, unflinching. "If she's in danger it's my fault. I'm coming with you."

@Nathrangking

2 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Vale stares up at Nath, unflinching. "If she's in danger it's my fault. I'm coming with you."

@Nathrangking

"Go. There is nothing that you can do here. In my current state I cannot go after her. She will come to me. You cannot hope to beat her. At the height of my powers I could beat her, but now being mortal and wounded. The best I can do is hold her off for a while. All of you should go. This war of ours is not one that you should be involved in." I look over at Fox for a moment. "She will come and if you are still here she will use Vapor against you as she intends to use her against me."

Now then who is going to protest. Anyone?

1 minute ago, Nathrangking said:

"Go. There is nothing that you can do here. In my current state I cannot go after her. She will come to me. You cannot hope to beat her. At the height of my powers I could beat her, but now being mortal and wounded. The best I can do is hold her off for a while. All of you should go. This war of ours is not one that you should be involved in." I look over at Fox for a moment. "She will come and if you are still here she will use Vapor against you as she intends to use her against me."

Still protesting

"I've killed a god or two. And you're going to need all the help you can get. If we can contact Prime I bet we can even outright defeat her." Realization dawns on his face. "Wait. Is it you she's after? Did you release something while you were hunting down Winter?"

I don't actually know if Vale has all the information necessary to make this connection but let's move this plot along.

"Yeeeeeah, no. Nath, you know how it works: we're not going to leave you, you can't do this alone, blah blah blah." He meets Nath's eyes. "But seriously, though, we're not leaving you."

11 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Yeeeeeah, no. Nath, you know how it works: we're not going to leave you, you can't do this alone, blah blah blah." He meets Nath's eyes. "But seriously, though, we're not leaving you."

"What he said. We're a team, we stick together as much as possible. There is no way in all the universes and galaxies and solar systems and planets that we will ever leave someone behind."

9 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"I've killed a god or two. And you're going to need all the help you can get. If we can contact Prime I bet we can even outright defeat her." Realization dawns on his face. "Wait. Is it you she's after? Did you release something while you were hunting down Winter?"

A sad smile appears on my face as I turn toward Vale. "You are brave indeed, but perhaps too brave. Rishmavaeta is not to be taken lightly. Whatever gods you have slain are nothing like her. She is the first death. From her every death cult and religion that you have ever known descended. My niece is wily and she has already stripped me of my immortality imagine what she would do to you." I pause considering what I am about to reveal. A wall appears before me, but I shatter it with a thought. No more lies. "I did release someone while I was hunting Winter. Though our war is a much older one. She wants me dead and will go to almost any means to do it. If the council of the ancient gods discovered what she was up to they would not view it kindly."

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

9 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

"What he said. We're a team, we stick together as much as possible. There is no way in all the universes and galaxies and solar systems and planets that we will ever leave someone behind."

I sadly shake my head. I extend my mind to Fadran and Queen bringing them into my ruined mindscape. "You two are so willing to  fight alongside me that you are willing to risk this new love of yours? Rish made me mortal and tried to kill me for no less than what you are talking about doing. Are you prepared for what may come next?"

1 minute ago, Nathrangking said:

I sadly shake my head. I extend my mind to Fadran and Queen bringing them into my ruined mindscape. "You two are so willing to  fight alongside me that you are willing to risk this new love of yours? Rish made me mortal and tried to kill me for no less than what you are talking about doing. Are you prepared for what may come next?"

"Hang on, I'm going to... stop you there. New love??"

2 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

A sad smile appears on my face as I turn toward Vale. "You are brave indeed, but perhaps too brave. Rishmavaeta is not to be taken lightly. Whatever gods you have slain are nothing like her. She is the first death. From her every death cult and religion that you have ever known descended. My niece is wily and she has already stripped me of my immortality imagine what she would do to you." I pause considering what I am about to reveal. A wall appears before me, but I shatter it with a thought. No more lies. "I did release someone while I was hunting Winter. Though our war is a much older one. She wants me dead and will go to almost any means to do it. If the council of the ancient gods discovered what she was up to they would not view it kindly."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Once again, what he said. We...admitted we had feelings for each other. That does not come close to being able to be labeled as love. Not the kind of love you mean. However, we do love you as a wonderful friend, and we're not about to abandon you just because something happened."

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I look at Fadran an eyebrow raised in amusement. "Did you think that I would not be able to figure you two out? I saw the way that you acted around each other. Did you honestly think that I could not sense your concern for her? You vague response a short time ago confirmed things for me. Don't play coy Fadran it does not become you." I do not look Queen's way at all as I speak. "I loved once you know. In times as these love rarely has the ability to blossom if left alone. You can deny as you wish, but I think that this is hardly the time for it. You risk everything now. Be sure that you can live with the consequences of your actions. I couldn't and it almost destroyed me."

@DramaQueen

Edited by Nathrangking

I look at Fadran an eyebrow raised in amusement. "Did you think that I would not be able to figure you two out? I saw the way that you acted around each other. Did you honestly think that I could not sense your concern for her? You vague response a short time ago confirmed things for me. Don't play coy Fadran it does not become you." I do not look Queen's way at all as I speak. "I loved once you know. In times as these love rarely has the ability to blossom if left alone. You can deny as you wish, but I think that this is hardly the time for it. You risk everything now. Be sure that you can live with the consequences of your actions. I couldn't and it almost destroyed me."

@DramaQueen

"We're standing with you, Nath."

13 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

My smile broadens as I see the genuine joy on Fox's face. Cir she will make you proud. I could almost feel her smile and respond. We''ll see my love. We'll see. A sense of peace washes over me as wave. Trust will come in time, but I think that this is a place to start. "We should rejoin our friend I think. They may worry about us." I descend from the mindscape's border and return to my own mind. My eyes flutter open. I feel myself being carried by some sort of invisible power. I am still in agony, but it rolls off me as though I am shielded by some form of primordial power. I summon a small ingot of power and let the wind carry my whispered words. "Fadran? Queen? What is going on? Where are we going?"

A mysterious figure with emerald eyes appears before Fox as Nath vanishes.  She stands at a height which is neither tall nor short. Her emerald eyes glow with a strange sort of power. Ebony armor made of bone covers her body. Upon her head sits a skull formed of the same bone as the armor with two spiraling horns rising up on either side. A small scar on her right cheek is her only natural flaw. Giant eagle's wings are folded behind her. Hair as raven's feathers run halfway down her back. Soft yet dangerous words fly from her lips. "Who are you and why do you have my knife?"

Fox yelped in startlement as a beautiful woman materialized. "I-your knife? I'm called the- I mean I'm called Fox, I, this is my knife." She fumbled. Stupid stupid stupid! That was all she could think to say? Why couldn't she come up with some sort of con on the fly like she normally did? Well, she wasn't the most informed on how to con magical beings, though perhaps it would come to her naturally as the conversation continued. She composed herself and eyed the woman suspiciously, "Who are you, and why do you call my knife yours?"

1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

"What's your plan, then? Or are you planning on being noble and sacrificing yourself, like an idiot?"

Energy begins sparking around Vale's hands.

"You've seen what the Fellowship can do. We're already being stalked by people that can destroy worlds. What's another god to us? Why won't you trust someone and let us do our part?"

51 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

Fox yelped in startlement as a beautiful woman materialized. "I-your knife? I'm called the- I mean I'm called Fox, I, this is my knife." She fumbled. Stupid stupid stupid! That was all she could think to say? Why couldn't she come up with some sort of con on the fly like she normally did? Well, she wasn't the most informed on how to con magical beings, though perhaps it would come to her naturally as the conversation continued. She composed herself and eyed the woman suspiciously, "Who are you, and why do you call my knife yours?"

The figure raises an eyebrow in amusement though it does not reach her lips. "Why child, how could I call the knife anything, but what it is? I am Circestran also called Kishuphra firstborn of sorcery and magics. My husband gifted me that blade and it's sister on the eve of battle not a fortnight ago. I would have it back." She hold out her open palm. Scarlet magic arcs between her fingers.

48 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"What's your plan, then? Or are you planning on being noble and sacrificing yourself, like an idiot?"

Energy begins sparking around Vale's hands.

"You've seen what the Fellowship can do. We're already being stalked by people that can destroy worlds. What's another god to us? Why won't you trust someone and let us do our part?"

I hear Vale and respond while waiting to see if Fadran and Queen are truly in agreement. "I hoped that the council would already be aware of her actions and they would deal with her. While I do have a plan it has the potential to go poorly. At this moment I cannot carry it out, but then if she came to me I would not have to. You think that I don't trust you to do your part. I do. I'm also painfully aware of what happens if you fail. You wont just be killed. No. Rish is the sadistic sort who will see you tortured for eons. How can I let you risk that on my behalf?"

@DramaQueen

Edited by Nathrangking

2 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I hear Vale and respond while waiting to see if Fadran and Queen are truly in agreement. "I hoped that the council would already be aware of her actions and they would deal with her. While I do have a plan it has the potential to go poorly. At this moment I cannot carry it out, but then if she came to me I would not have to. You think that I don't trust you to do your part. I do. I'm also painfully aware of what happens if you fail. You wont just be killed. No. Rish is the sadistic sort who will see you tortured for eons. How can I let you risk that on my behalf?"

@DramaQueen

"If she likes torturing people for 'eons,' then that's all the more reason to defeat her, right?"

44 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

The figure raises an eyebrow in amusement though it does not reach her lips. "Why child, how could I call the knife anything, but what it is? I am Circestran also called Kishuphra firstborn of sorcery and magics. My husband gifted me that blade and it's sister on the eve of battle not a fortnight ago. I would have it back." She hold out her open palm. Scarlet magic arcs between her fingers.

@DramaQueen

41 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"If she likes torturing people for 'eons,' then that's all the more reason to defeat her, right?"

"If she--dang it, Fadran! Stop taking the words out of my mouth. Nath, don't you think it would be a lot easier to defeat her if you had a full team? We'd rather be captured and tortured together than let you be defeated, leaving us wondering if there was something we could have done. We're coming with you, and there's no two ways about it! So, lead the way. Carefully, since we don't want you to hurt yourself."

@DramaQueen

"Besides..." Vale's mouth quirks into an smile. "Pain's an old friend. Listen, if you really didn't want us to come along you would have just left by now. I've done this back and forth enough times. We're willing to sacrifice for you. I think if we get enough help we wouldn't even need to sacrifice. At least let me go contact a god to help us fight"

@DramaQueen

"Besides..." Vale's mouth quirks into an smile. "Pain's an old friend. Listen, if you really didn't want us to come along you would have just left by now. I've done this back and forth enough times. We're willing to sacrifice for you. I think if we get enough help we wouldn't even need to sacrifice. At least let me go contact a god to help us fight"

On 9/18/2020 at 3:42 PM, Vapor said:

"I mean, my father has had problems with the mimes. I've only met a couple myself. One was pretty nice, the other killed my siblings."

James winced. "That is unfortunate. Despite our power... well, we don't all have the purest intentions." He sighed, exhaling deeply. "I... I don't remember my family. The mimes took me from them when I was young. I think they might have taken my memories, too- nobody ever admitted it, but they never denied it either. And they implied everyone else had died... but they never said how." He looked down at his feet. "And now everyone who knew the truth is dead. So I'll never know."

@Vapor

6 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

"What?" exclaimed Jeffery. "You mean to say that she could manipulate my daughter that far?"

@Nathrangking

Decrin frowned. This wasn't good.

6 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

My eyes go wide in horror as I hear that name. All of the agony that rushes through me is meaningless when those words arrive at my ears. "This is very bad." I grit my teeth as I call the winds. They lift me up and I hover above the ground. "If Rish got to Vapor it means that my days are numbered. Leave me. You all go and save that rebellion, but stay far away from me. Take Fox with you. None of you should be harmed if you leave immediately."

Herial moves to interject, but is interrupted.

6 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

"Nath! Are you alright?"

Queen felt another twinge of annoyance that Herial still didn't seem to think that she could handle injuries, but restrained herself from lashing out again. Instead, Queen took a deep, calming breath before approaching Herial. "Hey, I'm really sorry that I got so mad at you earlier. It's just...I was underestimated for a really long time as a child. I had proven that I would be useless in a fight, I didn't know of--or maybe even have--my powers at the time, and there was only one other way for me to be of use to those around me, and that was as a healer. I studied, trained, practiced, fought my way to the knowledge I have of medicine, and--even with my powers--I still feel like healing is where my true strength lies. The way that you seem to come by it so easily--one stamp and you're good--makes me feel like all that hard work was for nothing. I often feel like the weakest link in this group; it seems like everything that I can do, so can someone else. Not only that, but that someone else usually tends to be better at it than me. I won't deny that you are most definitely a better doctor than I am; my emotions always seem to get the better of me, while you always know exactly what to do, how to do it, and when to do it. Just because I'm jealous of your skill doesn't mean that I should let that jealousy carry me, and I really don't want to anymore." To Queen's shock, she felt a small tear cascade down her face. She ignored it, hoping that Herial hadn't noticed it. 

"So, I'm sorry. An apology probably isn't good enough to make up for the way that I acted, but that's all I have right now. I'll do my best to keep my temper, but I can't promise anything; like I said, my emotions tend to take over my actions. Just know that, if I do lash out like that again, I don't fully mean it. I may be feeling that way at the time, but you are really kind, and your skills are beyond compare. I'd like to be your friend, if you're willing to forgive me. If not, I completely understand. My actions were uncalled for, and I guess what I'm trying to say with all of these words is just...please forgive me?"

Herial looks at Queen, a smile on her face. "Of course. I'm sorry, I didn't feel like I knew enough about your skill to let you help them, but I see now that you know your own limits and I should never have enforced my own on you. I'd love it if you would be willing to help me, especially if you know something I don't, and maybe you can learn something? Also, one thing you should know. From my perspective, I have trained and studied hard to get the knowledge I use to heal the wounded. Just because Herate can use my knowledge with a stamp doesn't mean that I didn't have to work hard for that knowledge in my memory." Herial turns back to the discussion with a smile and a finger raised, then her smile disappears as she is interrupted again, and again. She places her hands on her hips until she finally interrupts.

2 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

"If she--dang it, Fadran! Stop taking the words out of my mouth. Nath, don't you think it would be a lot easier to defeat her if you had a full team? We'd rather be captured and tortured together than let you be defeated, leaving us wondering if there was something we could have done. We're coming with you, and there's no two ways about it! So, lead the way. Carefully, since we don't want you to hurt yourself."

If I remember correctly, Nath used his powers to 'rise above' us?

"Yes, I agree. We're coming with you, especially in your fragile state. Herate would agree with me, and Haiire would love to fight. Now, please come down."

Hiiri nodded enthusiastically.

3 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

2 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

Despite my pain I laugh warmly. It rings out and for a moment drives the agony from me. Tears form in my eyes. "Do you hear yourselves? You are talking about taking on the first death. You are going to do battle against one of the ancient gods." Quickly I grow serious. "What are you willing to do to defeat her? Vapor may have been convinced that I am the enemy. We may have to fight her. It is not so simple. I was chased with a tough choice and I failed because I was too weak. You saw me fail. My love Circestran was thrown behind the gates because I did not stop Ris. I cannot fail you as I did her. Be wary she is more dangerous than you could ever imagine." I release them from my mindscape and return to the rest of the fellowship.

1 hour ago, Negative_Null said:

"Return to your god, but be cautious she is most dangerous. Pain will soon be your old friend if we fail."

5 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

James winced. "That is unfortunate. Despite our power... well, we don't all have the purest intentions." He sighed, exhaling deeply. "I... I don't remember my family. The mimes took me from them when I was young. I think they might have taken my memories, too- nobody ever admitted it, but they never denied it either. And they implied everyone else had died... but they never said how." He looked down at his feet. "And now everyone who knew the truth is dead. So I'll never know."

@Vapor

"What?" exclaimed Jeffery. "You mean to say that she could manipulate my daughter that far?"

@Nathrangking

Decrin frowned. This wasn't good.

"She can. She has mastered the art of manipulation and control."

A roar resounds shaking the halls of the mindscape. The air begins to go cold and the sound of a rushing creature can be heard.

@Vapor

4 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Despite my pain I laugh warmly. It rings out and for a moment drives the agony from me. Tears form in my eyes. "Do you hear yourselves? You are talking about taking on the first death. You are going to do battle against one of the ancient gods." Quickly I grow serious. "What are you willing to do to defeat her? Vapor may have been convinced that I am the enemy. We may have to fight her. It is not so simple. I was chased with a tough choice and I failed because I was too weak. You saw me fail. My love Circestran was thrown behind the gates because I did not stop Ris. I cannot fail you as I did her. Be wary she is more dangerous than you could ever imagine." I release them from my mindscape and return to the rest of the fellowship.

"Return to your god, but be cautious she is most dangerous. Pain will soon be your old friend if we fail."

"She can. She has mastered the art of manipulation and control."

A roar resounds shaking the halls of the mindscape. The air begins to go cold and the sound of a rushing creature can be heard.

@Vapor

Vapor looked up. "Well, I guess it's those hungry things I heard so much about. May I have my pen back? I might need it to, you know, defend us."

Edited by Vapor
Wrote ups instead of us. Sorry mailmen, not defending you today.

12 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"Winning a fight is more than just being more powerful than whoever it is you're fighting. We're the scudding Fellowship of the Thing. We are a mishmash of loosely related entities! Therefore, by definition, we are basically invincible."