The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

11 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

A small smile graced Queen's lips. "You're welcome." was her only response, then she sped up to join Herate.

"Hey, sorry I got mad at you when you were Herial earlier. I'll probably have to apologize when you're her again, though, huh? I was really stressed, which isn't a good excuse, but I'm in a much better mood right now, so I figured I'd better apologize while it lasted."

@Condensation

Fadran pumps his fist.

1 hour ago, Condensation said:

"What if she's only offering help so she can betray us when we need her?"

8 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"I think we should trust her, at least for now."

"I agree with Kindness. Trust her, but don't depend on her, that way, if she tries to leave us without her help, we'll still be able to function."

15 hours ago, Condensation said:

"What if she's only offering help so she can betray us when we need her?"

14 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"I think we should trust her, at least for now."

13 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

"I agree with Kindness. Trust her, but don't depend on her, that way, if she tries to leave us without her help, we'll still be able to function."

"Betrayal is something you should always expect but never assume."

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Betrayal is something you should always expect but never assume."

Okay, everyone's been listening in on my convo with Queen! That's fine!

"I suppose that's probably wise, but I prefer not to trust people at all until they've proved themselves." Herate looks into the distance rather wistfully.

On 9/18/2020 at 0:39 PM, Nathrangking said:

I kneel at the border of Fox's mind not daring to look up at her. Her words do not remove the crushing burden that holds me down. They float on air dropping a weight upon my shoulder which bend them. My weakness is visible it flows as an ocean. It drowns me beneath its waves. I almost wish that it would sweep me away. If only it would send me away and force Fox to witness my shame. She should hate me. I hate myself for it. Why doesn't she? How I care for her. Her pain destroys me. That she is all right relieves a part of my agony. She my never trust me again. It is no less than I deserve. For her I will be strong. My tears well up and slowly trickle down my face. A frail smile appears on my lips. I cannot lose the haunted spirits that have taken up residence in my eyes. Theu are alive, but I push them down as far as I am able. What little strength that I have I divide. I finally look up and meet her eyes. To see rage would be so be much easier, but I don't see this. Her strength is greater than any could imagine that is what drew me to her. I rise on unsteady feet. "Let us do that." I remain on the border unable to embrace Fox as her mindscape's walls hold me back.

Fox smiled faintly for a moment, before a thought occurred to her. Nath was being so sincere with her with his faults, but what about her faults... she had taken his knife, and hadn't even told him yet. She had done it for him, but... he really should know, shouldn't he? But what if telling him what she had done to him made things even worse than before? It didn't matter. She should be honest with him, shouldn't she? She was expecting honesty from him, when she herself had stolen from him! She tried to keep smiling emptily, when even that she could not hold, for she was stricken with guilt. Fox stood there contemplating.

Fox timidly began, "If... if we are to place everything on the table, I have something to tell you about..." She looked at her feet for a moment, which of course happened to be where the hilt of Nath's knife was sticking out of. This made her even more anxious. She crouched down, and fumbled with the strap for a moment. Fox hesitatingly withdrew the beautifully carved knife from her boot. "I-I think this is yours. I wanted to stop your pain by taking it... but... I think I might have just made things worse. I too have..." Fox gulped down her pride, barely getting out the words "failed you, for I was not honest."

Edited by Scarletfox

51 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

Fox smiled faintly for a moment, before a thought occurred to her. Nath was being so sincere with her with his faults, but what about her faults... she had taken his knife, and hadn't even told him yet. She had done it for him, but... he really should know, shouldn't he? But what if telling him what she had done to him made things even worse than before? It didn't matter. She should be honest with him, shouldn't she? She was expecting honesty from him, when she herself had stolen from him! She tried to keep smiling emptily, when even that she could not hold, for she was stricken with guilt. Fox stood there contemplating.

"If... if we are to place everything on the table, I have something to tell you about..." She looked at her feet for a moment, which of course happened to be where the hilt of Nath's knife was sticking out of. This made her even more anxious. She crouched down, and fumbled with the strap for a moment. Fox hesitatingly withdrew the beautifully carved knife from her boot. "I-I think this is yours. I wanted to stop your pain by taking it... but... I think I might have just made things worse. I too have..." Fox gulped down her pride, barely getting out the words "failed you, for I was not honest."

I feel my knees about to give way. One of two knives that I gave to Circestran all those eons ago is in her hands. The knife that Winter had dropped to the ground what seems like an eternity ago is in her hands. Every part of me is screaming in anguish. I want to take it back and never let it go. Something inside me makes me pause. I look at her and behold unyielding strength. Strength which allowed her love for me to survive all of those eons. Strength which kept to her alive so that we could be reunited because of Fox. A slight smile appears on my lips. A deep reservoir of energy fills me to the brim keeping me upright. I failed Circestran and  Meuter. I will not fail her. I think that Circestran  would have liked her had she gotten the chance. Done are the days when I hold deep secrets within. They have cost me too much. This is not going to control me anymore. My smile grows a little more.

"That knife means a lot to me Fox. I gave it to my wife as one of a pair many eons ago. I was disappointed for just a moment. However, I understand why. Keep it. I think that had she known you she would have wanted you to have it."

Edited by Nathrangking

Foxrangking!!! EEEEEE!!! Okay done fangirling for now. By the way, did you know that a temporary separation from the knight's giant crystal also requires a period of exile from their giant glass mushroom?

Oh, we're in trouble now. I'll post more next time.

Hiiri falls into step beside Herate.

19 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I feel my knees about to give way. One of two knives that I gave to Circestran all those eons ago is in her hands. The knife that Winter had dropped to the ground what seems like an eternity ago is in her hands. Every part of me is screaming in anguish. I want to take it back and never let it go. Something inside me makes me pause. I look at her and behold unyielding strength. Strength which allowed her love for me to survive all of those eons. Strength which kept to her alive so that we could be reunited because of Fox. A slight smile appears on my lips. A deep reservoir of energy fills me to the brim keeping me upright. I failed Circestran and  Meuter. I will not fail her. I think that Circestran  would have liked her had she gotten the chance. Done are the days when I hold deep secrets within. They have cost me too much. This is not going to control me anymore. My smile grows a little more.

"That knife means a lot to me Fox. I gave it to my wife as one of a pair many eons ago. I was disappointed for just a moment. However, I understand why. Keep it. I think that had she known you she would have wanted you to have them."

Fox's mouth dropped, quickly morphing into a broad joyous smile. That wasn't what she had expected. "I-I... I...." She fumbled for moment before taking in a deep breath, and stately putting, "Thank you, Nath." Something about this moment seemed familiar, like she remember something similar happening once before, but she couldn't put her finger on in. She looked at the knife, and simply couldn't believe that it was hers! It was all hers, the beautiful piece of majesty, it was hers. It didn't have to be a source of guilt or dreading any longer, because it was rightfully hers. She looked up at Nath, and then back at the knife, and then back at him. Fox's eyes twinkled with joy.

9 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

Fox's mouth dropped, quickly morphing into a broad joyous smile. That wasn't what she had expected. "I-I... I...." She fumbled for moment before taking in a deep breath, and stately putting, "Thank you, Nath." Something about this moment seemed familiar, like she remember something similar happening once before, but she couldn't put her finger on in. She looked at the knife, and simply couldn't believe that it was hers! It was all hers, the beautiful piece of majesty, it was hers. It didn't have to be a source of guilt or dreading any longer, because it was rightfully hers. She looked up at Nath, and then back at the knife, and then back at him. Fox's eyes twinkled with joy.

My smile broadens as I see the genuine joy on Fox's face. Cir she will make you proud. I could almost feel her smile and respond. We''ll see my love. We'll see. A sense of peace washes over me as wave. Trust will come in time, but I think that this is a place to start. "We should rejoin our friend I think. They may worry about us." I descend from the mindscape's border and return to my own mind. My eyes flutter open. I feel myself being carried by some sort of invisible power. I am still in agony, but it rolls off me as though I am shielded by some form of primordial power. I summon a small ingot of power and let the wind carry my whispered words. "Fadran? Queen? What is going on? Where are we going?"

A mysterious figure with emerald eyes appears before Fox as Nath vanishes.  She stands at a height which is neither tall nor short. Her emerald eyes glow with a strange sort of power. Ebony armor made of bone covers her body. Upon her head sits a skull formed of the same bone as the armor with two spiraling horns rising up on either side. A small scar on her right cheek is her only natural flaw. Giant eagle's wings are folded behind her. Hair as raven's feathers run halfway down her back. Soft yet dangerous words fly from her lips. "Who are you and why do you have my knife?"

@DramaQueen @Channelknight Fadran

Edited by Nathrangking

8 hours ago, Condensation said:

Herate pushes Hiiri back and stamps herself, then Herial runs over to Nath. "Wait!" she says. "Nath, I need to know, does anything hurt too badly? I promise, once I'm sure you haven't gained any wounds you can talk to Fadran and Queen."

I take in take in the face of our resident healer. A slight smile takes to my face. "Mistress Herial. If I told you the truth you would keep me strapped down for a very long time. Fear not though. I will not risk aggravating my injuries. I'm sure that they will come to me to alleviate your concerns. Fox may require your attention when she wakes."

For the record Herail should not have been able to hear the words. They were taken to Queen and Fadran directly. 

Edited by Nathrangking

8 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

My smile broadens as I see the genuine joy on Fox's face. Cir she will make you proud. I could almost feel her smile and respond. We''ll see my love. We'll see. A sense of peace washes over me as wave. Trust will come in time, but I think that this is a place to start. "We should rejoin our friend I think. They may worry about us." I descend from the mindscape's border and return to my own mind. My eyes flutter open. I feel myself being carried by some sort of invisible power. I am still in agony, but it rolls off me as though I am shielded by some form of primordial power. I summon a small ingot of power and let the wind carry my whispered words. "Fadran? Queen? What is going on? Where are we going?"

"A great many things are going on; which ones would you like to hear about? And we're still headed for Enter's base."

11 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"A great many things are going on; which ones would you like to hear about? And we're still headed for Enter's base."

I allow the wind to again carry my words to Fadran's ears alone. "What is the disposition of our party? If I am to be effective as a member of this fellowship I must know what we face. Tell me as much as you can."

26 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I allow the wind to again carry my words to Fadran's ears alone. "What is the disposition of our party? If I am to be effective as a member of this fellowship I must know what we face. Tell me as much as you can."

"As in what happened while you were out?"

2 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

My words continue to carry to Fadran alone. "Yes. Is there anything that I need to know?"

"Well... apparently we've been being chased by an elite kill squad from a team of people who want to destroy the Macrosmos this entire time, and they recently destroyed an entire universe. They also stole half of Enter's metallic arts, which kind of sucks. The good news is we're coming close to his base and we'll hopefully get to Sel soon to help Herate's revolution; that and a few... other things."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Well... apparently we've been being chased by an elite kill squad from a team of people who want to destroy the Macrosmos this entire time, and they recently destroyed an entire universe. They also stole half of Enter's metallic arts, which kind of sucks. The good news is we're coming close to his base and we'll hopefully get to Sel soon to help Herate's revolution; that and a few... other things."

"What other things? What has happened?"

Feel free to mention Vapor's absence and Rish at any time.

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Oh, um..." He glances at Queen. Nath was a perceptive person; he could probably figure it out. "Hey... what happened to Vapor and that other guy?"

Internally I sigh as I hear the nerves that fill his voice. So they admitted their love. It's about time. His comment about Vapor gave me pause. Something sounded off about the way that he said it. "Is Vapor alright Fadran?"

11 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Internally I sigh as I hear the nerves that fill his voice. So they admitted their love. It's about time. His comment about Vapor gave me pause. Something sounded off about the way that he said it. "Is Vapor alright Fadran?"

Admitted their love??? That's a phrase I haven't heard in awhile...

"Apparently she had to go do something with someone. I think someone thought that she could create a Mindscape."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Apparently she had to go do something with someone. I think someone thought that she could create a Mindscape."

Just staying in Character. I would never use that IRL.

A cold knife plunged itself into the depths of my heart. The heavy burden that had gone returns. My voice becomes the faintest gossamer as my strength fails. "Who took her." The answer is obvious to me, but I need it to be confirmed. I need to see again that I have failed. If you hurt her....

Just now, Nathrangking said:

A cold knife plunged itself into the depths of my heart. The heavy burden that had gone returns. My voice becomes the faintest gossamer as my strength fails. "Who took her." The answer is obvious to me, but I need it to be confirmed. I need to see again that I have failed. If you hurt her....

"I... don't know."

I actually think that Fadran knows, but I certainly don't. Can anyone jog my memory?