The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

I am BORED. Quarantine STINKS. And I wanna just mess around with whatever we can come up with, so I made this thread.

That's ^ ^ ^ what I wrote back in... what was it? March of last year? April? That's what I thought this thread would be: just some random TLT knockoff or summat. Fortunately, things for me are never that simple, so now "I'm bored. Let's mess around!" has become the scudding Fellowship of the Thing.

That name holds some almighty power on the Shard, I think. I yell at folks to join it, and they say "it's too intimidating."

I made something something intimidating? Cool!

Anyways, the reason this thread is so intimidating is because of the lore. There's just so much of it. Therefore... spoiler box!

Spoiler

Aight. The lore:

So this thread is taking place in a little something that I like to call the Macrosmos. It's essentially a conglomerate of ALL the universes, from the Cosmere to the Iconar Collective to... whatever that thing is that xino invented (something about keys?). What that means is that you can create a character from any fantasy world you can think of; including your own! Heck, you could just invent a new universe, magic system, lore, etc on the spot and drop it in this RP.

If you're wondering what the story is... well, lemme just drop some main timeline points down below:

• Fadran begins the Fellowship of the Thing with a bunch of folks
  • The then-small group goes to xino's world, "The Universe Hexagon." We spent a very long time there, but eventually escaped to...
  • The Cognitve Realm! They went on a journey there for awhile before going to Scadrial
  • After Scadrial, they went to Sel, where they've been conducting a revolution against Wyrn for as far as the RP's gotten

Here's some subgroups in the Fellowship:

Fellowship Elite Core:

Spoiler

Leader: Ayia

Members:

• Andante (Condensation)
  • N'Fehn (Goaty)
  • Enter a Username (Take a guess)
  • Martin (Spren of Kindness)
  • Chrysler (Null)
  • Fresco (Knightro)
  • Camelia (Random Bystander)

Fadran walked down the seashore, scanning the beach. He needed to find that treasure... where could it be?

"Come out, come out, wherever you are..." he said under his breath.

With a start, he saw a section of uneven sand. Picking up his pace, he ran forward and started digging. He hit wood, then began digging around the sand and pulling up the chest.

"Hello beautiful."

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

Dr. Gears scribbled a final note on his clipboard and walked towards the location of the fearsome Captain Grey's treasure. Unfortunately, it seemed that someone else had already found it. However, on this mysterious island, it was impossible to refuse a challenge.

"Halt!" Dr. Gears shouted. "I challenge you to a duel! Winner gets the treasure!"

Fadran looked up. "A duel? I'm down."

He held his hand to the side of his body, wondering what sword he should summon. He opted for a Shardblade; he would retrieve his Channelblade later if things turned south. After ten heartbeats, his Shardblade appeared in his hands.

"I don't know if I can beat you, so I'll settle for a tie."

Dr. Gears uncapped his pen, and a magnificent hand-and-a-half Scottish longsword sprang into existence. "We have to go through the motions, at least. The forces that rule this place will not allow anything less." He swung his claymore back and forth in an intricate pattern, invoking the spirits of battle. A bright light flared into existence, tracing a dueling circle around the two of them. "We must appease the great spirits!"

I step from the mists and chuckle. My voice lacks warmth, "Gentleman the powers of this place have designated me to referee this battle of yours. Beware of interfering with this realm. wage war with honor." I nod my head for Dr. Gears and Fadran to begin.

Edited by Nathrangking

"The laws of this realm are clear. A duel of this sort is a duel to the death. 3 laying claim and no side giving quarter."

I call forth dark clouds which blot out the sun. Hundred of spheres of light rise and light up the beach. Winds begin to blow.

Edited by Nathrangking

Fadran shrugged. "Okay."

He began to run for Dr. Gears, Forging a connection to the sand beneath his feet with Earth Arcana. With a mighty battle cry, the sand hardened beneath his feet, and a column of the granules launched him into the air. He spun around through the skies, Nathrangking's winds buffeting him about like a child's toy. Eyes screwed in concentration, he Forged a connection to the air, stilling the winds around him. He raised his sword, prepared to fell Dr. Gears in one swift stroke.

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

He raised his sword, prepared to fell Dr. Gears in one swift stroke.

Seeing Dr Gears prepared to fall so soon Lalex intervened.  Swinging his might weapon up he paired in sixth position with the stick feeling the jolt go up his arm.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I haven't seen that position for years!"

Feeling the winds buffet him Lalex mouthed the general fourth level coutnerspell.  The winds died.  He launched the stick from his hand directly back at the one who had caused the chaos.  Calling in the silence "WE ARE THE STICK!"

Dr. Gears staggered back with the force of the wind, catching himself before he stepped out of the circle. That was an instant loss, after all. He murmured a Prayer of Appeasement to the spirits and swung his sword in the Pattern of Summoning. Reality tore, and a small cat came into existence. It was black with white paws, and it meowed loudly. 

Just now, Karger said:

Feeling the winds buffet him Lalex mouthed the general fourth level coutnerspell.  The winds died.  He launched the stick from his hand directly back at the one who had caused the chaos.  Calling in the silence "WE ARE THE STICK!"

"Whoa!" Fadran yelped, falling down onto one of his hands and hitting the sand, strengthening his Forgery with the sand. He quickly created a wall of the sand to deflect the stick away from him and his second enemy, Dr. Gears. 

1 minute ago, Gears said:

Dr. Gears staggered back with the force of the wind, catching himself before he stepped out of the circle. That was an instant loss, after all. He murmured a Prayer of Appeasement to the spirits and swung his sword in the Pattern of Summoning. Reality tore, and a small cat came into existence. It was black with white paws, and it meowed loudly. 

Suddenly realizing that his other enemy was just as active as Dr. Gears, he placed a second wall between him and the... ah, cat. He encased himself entirely in the hardened sand, though he knew that such brittle stone could only stand so long against such capable enemies.

"Hey, can I get a little help down here?" Fadran called to Icona. "I don't suppose you could grant me a little bit of that 'divine smite' power that you keep talking about, would you? I'm in a bit of a tight spot and I didn't stretch this morning."

5 minutes ago, Gears said:

Reality tore, and a small cat came into existence

Lalex's eyes widened.  A cat summoned after the quieting of the winds?  The prophesy!  "You will suffer a great defeat after this cat appears it warned."  Snatching up his fallen companion Lalex left the arena forfeiting the match!

Edited by Karger

Dr. Gears recognized the fear in his opponent's eyes. The great prophesy of this island was incredibly lengthy and required dozens of Seers and Interpreters at any given point in time, but one of the definitive prophesies was that a cat summoned after the winds go silent will cause a great defeat. Obviously one opponent chose to surrender instead of be killed. 

He turned to his other opponent, who appeared to be controlling the sand. The cat purred, and Dr. Gears threw a fish at his fallen opponent. "Go, my precious. Get the fish!" The cat leapt into action, charging at his opponent.

3 minutes ago, Karger said:

Lalex's eyes widened.  A cat summoned after the quieting of the winds?  The prophesy!  "You will suffer a great defeat after this cat appears it warned."  Snatching up his fallen companion Lalex left the arena forfeiting the match!

Fadran spared himself a peephole to look out, then watched Lalex leave. He frowned, but, expecting a retaliation, kept the sand shield up.

My, my, Icona called from above, are you seriously hiding from a cat?

"A little bit," Fadran admitted, "some prophecy predicted this moment or summat; I don't suppose you could help me out?"

You know I'm not supposed to interfere.

"I don't care if you don't want to interfere. I saved your sorry skin during the Battle of the Iconar Collective, and you're a freaking god! You owe me one."

I owe you nothing. I granted you power in return for your services.

Fadran growled, then released his hold on the sand and leapt away from Dr. Gears.