The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

22 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Watch your six. Icona says.

Working on it! Fadran replies. But my twelve is also of interest to me. He strikes aside Santonio's sword in an attempt to stab him in the chest. Simultaneously, he kicks backwards with one of his feet and summons a column of flame, hurling it at the other holed.

Santonio grunts as the sword takes him through the chest. The pressure on Fadran's mind slackens.

"Ow," he says, before vanishing in a flash of black light.

The fire washes over the red holed. His skin and flesh melts and chars in the intense heat- but even as it does so, it begins to grow back and reform. He gasps, dropping his sword, and his eyes fade from black to red (although a band of black remains). 

"One moment," he gasps. "We don't need to fight!"

@Channelknight Fadran

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Santonio grunts, a blade materializing in his hand to block the onslaught. He clenches the other into a fist.

A bright flash of white light washes through the cavern.

Behind Fadran, another holed slowly gets to his feet, his scales as red as blood.

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Watch your six. Icona says.

Working on it! Fadran replies. But my twelve is also of interest to me. He strikes aside Santonio's sword in an attempt to stab him in the chest. Simultaneously, he kicks backwards with one of his feet and summons a column of flame, hurling it at the other holed.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Santonio grunts as the sword takes him through the chest. The pressure on Fadran's mind slackens.

The fire washes over the red holed. His skin and flesh melts and chars in the intense heat- but even as it does so, it begins to grow back and reform. He gasps, dropping his sword, and his eyes fade from black to red (although a band of black remains). 

@Channelknight Fadran

I sigh and make myself intangible save my hands. The blades pass through me. I maintain my grip until he goes slack. I release him and step back.

@xinoehp512 Problem solved.

Edited by Nathrangking

Throughout all of this fighting, Queen had been staring in shock. Only now did she take action. Knowing that, in this kind of fight, she would be of no use without magic, she began collecting herbs that she thought would be able to help with any injuries people might have. She began preparing pastes and other medications, preparing bandages that she pulled out of the tool belt around her hat.

34 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I sigh and make myself intangible save my hands. The blades pass through me. I maintain my grip until he drops his sword. I release him and step back.

Red holed does not equal Santonio, if that was unclear. Santonio is a white holed.

As the man stands there awkwardly, Vapor comes to and stands up woozily. "What happened? Who's this man? Why are we fighting?"

"Long story short. This man tried to rob you, he clonked you on the head, we are currently fighting the people we just met, and that's it." Spin says.

Vapor, who has been looking around at the scene, stops."Enter a Username got clonked too?"

"No..."

"Well then, get help! He's dying!" Vapor runs to him and frantically looks around. "Q! You have some bandages, come here!"

Edit: Ninja'd 

Edited by Vapor

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

@Channelknight Fadran

1 hour ago, Enter a username said:

Enter a username's heartbeat grows fainter still, and his breathing slows and gets dangerously shallow.

Fadran stops, panting. He lowers his Channeblade, looking around at the chaos. The holed begging to be spared, the anonymous's heartbeat slowing steadily, Q and Kindness desperately trying to do all they could amidst the discord.

First thing's first, Fadran tells himself, Enter a Username.

He runs to Enter's side, placing his hand on Enter's head. He Forges a Spirit Bond to Enter, siphoning his own Health Compounds into Enter. Hopefully his Channelblade would help him maintain the connection and heal Enter enough without killing himself.

What was happening with me? Fadran wonders. For a moment there... I was just so chaotic. Icona?

Experience, unfortunately. Icona replies.

The sharder? Fadran asks. Experience, Shard of Adonalsium?

No, no. Icona corrects him. Actual experience, not the Cosmotic representation of it. You've been fighting for so long... defending the Iconar Collective from Ranoc, fighting monsters in every realm you've happened upon. It's been taxing, and unfortunately, it's all gone to your head. You can't stop the fighting reflex any longer.

But I'm a scholar, not a fighter! Fadran replies.

There's nothing I can do about that. Icona finishes.

Fadran nods, then continues Healing Enter a Username. He can feel the reserve of Health Compounds in his Channelblade running dry; he'd be using his own Health soon.

4 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Is anyone going to heal Elaine?

I'm asking because otherwise she's going to die in my next scene...

Just a warning.

*Spews sunflower seeds* someone else is dying?

Edit: Indeed, someone else is dying. Could you spare them a couple posts? I need to save Enter first.

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

13 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Is anyone going to heal Elaine?

I'm asking because otherwise she's going to die in my next scene...

Just a warning.

I'll heal her. I don't have magic healy powers, but I got this

Just now, Vapor said:

As Enter is safe, Vapor turns to the man and then the other wounded. "I'll deal with you later," she says to the man. "We've got other people to help. She first turns to Elaine. "Q, do you have something to help?"

I couldn't find anywhere it said she was injured..? Should I just make it up?

28 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

*Spews sunflower seeds* someone else is dying?

Edit: Indeed, someone else is dying. Could you spare them a couple posts? I need to save Enter first.

Uh, sure. :P

17 minutes ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

I'll heal her. I don't have magic healy powers, but I got this

3 minutes ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

I couldn't find anywhere it said she was injured..? Should I just make it up?

She has second degree burns all over her body and is rapidly losing blood from her injured wings. Plus she likely has at least one broken bone. Good luck. :)

Oh, and there's probably poison involved, too- I'm assuming Baalhan's arrows have poison on them, due to the effect they had on the croven.

@RadiantDramaQueen

Edited by xinoehp512

4 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I sigh. I call forth a wave of intense heat and slam it into Elaine. I fire a wave of concentrated light Santonio and slam it into it. I rush at Santonio behind the wave and grab him by his throat. "Yield." Baalhan fires an arrow which pierces her right wing. He follows it up with a second which pierces her left wing.

4 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

[I would advise against that,] said Tazeroth, her voice suddenly clear and urgent. [You face a holed- a species that captivates and controls minds on a regular basis. It doesn't need a key to your mind- it's a wrecking ball. Your connection to your god is confusing him, and that's why he hasn't enthralled you yet. Kill him immediately, before he figures it out.]

Elaine screams as the painful heat blisters her, and she falls to the ground on her hands and knees. She gives a cry of pain as each arrow takes her wing, her breaths becoming labored. She tries to push herself up but fails, her strength bleeding out of her.

Santonio chuckles through the grip. "Mistake..." he rasps.

Vapor pulls out a salve and spreads it over the burns. "This'll sting for a bit, but it should help." She turns to Q. "We'll need some bandages for the wings. T, I saw some antidotes in your bag. Could you come over here?"

12 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

She has second degree burns all over her body and is rapidly losing blood from her injured wings. Plus she likely has at least one broken bone. Good luck. :)

Ok, funnn.....

Queen focused, blocking out all distractions. She first bandaged the wounds on Elaine's wings that weren't too deep, applying just enough pressure to stop the bleeding, but not too much that it would render her wings useless. She then started a fire to heat her dagger over, but it took a long time to heat up. She needed it quickly in order to cauterize the wounds on Elaine's wings that were deeper. While she waited for the fire to be hot enough, she prepared a paste for the burns using lavender, aloe vera, plantain, calendula, comfrey, and gotu kola. Vapor's salve would help, but Elaine would need something stronger to completely heal her skin. The fire had heated her dagger enough before she had finished, so she carefully placed the hot metal against the deep wounds on Elaine's wings, staunching the bleeding and reuniting the skin of her wings. Once she completed that, she added the final touches to her burn paste before applying it over all over her body, covering the burns. She left only Vapor's salve on the lesser burns, then placed bandages over the burns to hold the paste against Elaine's skin. 

Elaine had passed out from the pain, her breathing shallow, but her pulse was still strong. Somehow, Q had managed to keep her alive.

Now, to figure out if Elaine had a broken or fractured bone. Queen carefully felt the most vital bones, including the skull and spine, then let out a sigh of relief as she discovered them all to be in good shape. Her wings had only been cut, not broken, so she was good there. However, Elaine had somehow managed to break her femur, one of the strongest bones in the body. Vapor was still standing near, so Q turned to her.

"I need two strong pieces of wood for a splint. Could you find those for me?"

Edited by RadiantDramaQueen

Fadran finishes Healing Enter a Username. He takes a swig from a bottle at his left--antibiotics mixed with hot chocolate--then turns to Elaine, muttering to himself. "Come on, Fadran. Remember what Auntie Laurel used to say: never boil someone unless you plan not to heal them later!"

He looks all over her, unsure of where to begin.

Icona, Fadran says, I'm going to need an autopsy.

Forge a Spirit Bond to her first, Icona replies, no-can-do if I can't even see the darned woman.

Fadran Forges a Spirit Bond to Elaine, then reverts to telepathically talking with Icona again. What do we got?

A LOT of stuff, Icona replies, burns--that'd be your fault--and blood loss, some broken bones, and I think there's some poison in there.

Fadran telepathically sighs, then asks, either blood or poison first. Which is worse?

Poison. Icona says. Most definitely poison. Get someone else to staunch the blood flow, and stabalize her femur.

Are you kidding me? Fadran asks. She managed to break her femur? I'm impressed.

Fadran starts Healing her, feeling around for the poison. Upon finding the source, he attempts to neutralize it with some Health Compounds. "Keep going with that salve, Vapor. Try to find where it's worst, first. Her femur's broken, so someone needs to stabalize that before I can fix it. The poison's moving fast; I'll have to focus entirely on that." He sneezes--the first symptom of over-healing. "And if anybody happens to have any Alchemagitechs that convert air into Health Faiden Clusters or something, that would be great."

Why in Ranoc's mother would one of these people have one of thoseIcona asks. Not only are Alch-MTs Universally-specific, but so far the only planet to have invented them is the Iconar Collective!

"Fine. If anybody has any way of keeping me alive while I heal her, that would be great."

She has second degree burns all over her body and is rapidly losing blood from her injured wings. Plus she likely has at least one broken bone. Good luck. :)

Oh, and there's probably poison involved, too- I'm assuming Baalhan's arrows have poison on them, due to the effect they had on the croven.

T runs over. Pulling antidotes from her bag, she gives some to Elaine. She puts pressure on Elaine's wings. 

Ember, noticing that the group is trying to save Elaine, starts drawing heat from her burns and flinging it at Santonio.

T throws fields around the injured parties and those who are treating them. 

Edited by Mist

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran finishes Healing Enter a Username. He takes a swig from a bottle at his left--antibiotics mixed with hot chocolate--then turns to Elaine, muttering to himself. "Come on, Fadran. Remember what Auntie Laurel used to say: never boil someone unless you plan not to heal them later!"

He looks all over her, unsure of where to begin.

Icona, Fadran says, I'm going to need an autopsy.

Forge a Spirit Bond to her first, Icona replies, no-can-do if I can't even see the darned woman.

Fadran Forges a Spirit Bond to Elaine, then reverts to telepathically talking with Icona again. What do we got?

A LOT of stuff, Icona replies, burns--that'd be your fault--and blood loss, some broken bones, and I think there's some poison in there.

Fadran telepathically sighs, then asks, either blood or poison first. Which is worse?

Poison. Icona says. Most definitely poison. Get someone else to staunch the blood flow, and stabalize her femur.

Are you kidding me? Fadran asks. She managed to break her femur? I'm impressed.

Fadran starts Healing her, feeling around for the poison. Upon finding the source, he attempts to neutralize it with some Health Compounds. "Keep going with that salve, Vapor. Try to find where it's worst, first. Her femur's broken, so someone needs to stabalize that before I can fix it. The poison's moving fast; I'll have to focus entirely on that." He sneezes--the first symptom of over-healing. "And if anybody happens to have any Alchemagitechs that convert air into Health Faiden Clusters or something, that would be great."

Why in Ranoc's mother would one of these people have one of thoseIcona asks. Not only are Alch-MTs Universally-specific, but so far the only planet to have invented them is the Iconar Collective!

"Fine. If anybody has any way of keeping me alive while I heal her, that would be great."

T gives Fadran her goldmind, asks Ember to share his, and searches Enter's bag for more metalminds. 

Sorry for the double post. I thought I was editing.

Edited by Mist

The red holed turns to see what all the commotion is about. His eyes widen as they fall on Elaine.

"Elaine!" he cries, rushing over to her side. "Are you alright?"

Elaine stirs gently at his voice, but does not awaken.

Edited by xinoehp512

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

The red holed turns to see what all the commotion is about. His eyes widen as they fall on Elaine.

"Elaine!" he cries, rushing over to her side. "Are you alright?"

Elaine stirs gently at his voice, but does not awaken.

Fadran pushes away the holed--trying to do so as lightly as he could. "Give her space. Yes, there are three healers crowding her half-dead corpse, but she's going to need more air than that." He locates another source of poison, wincing visibly. "My gosh, how much poison does she have?"