The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

3 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"That sounds very sad, Q."  Kindness's glow dims.  "Would you like a hug?"

Queen was taken aback. The only person she had hugged before she lost everything was Journey, but she was touched at Kindness's offer.

"I would love a hug." She states with a small smile.

9 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

“Huh,” Velles said. “I can’t either.” The girl seemed to be weeping, though why, Velles couldn’t tell. He hoped it wasn’t his appearance. He would need to find a way to get the mess off of him.

Velles, dizzy, sat down on a nearby boulder. “Are either of you good healers?” he asked. “This blood loss will get the best of me if I don’t do something about it soon.” Even as he spoke, he took of his coat and began to tear it into strips, make-shift bandages until something better could be found.

“I... I don’t know,” the girl replied. She looked down at her own dirty hands. Did she have healing powers? She looked back to Velles, wincing at the blood, at the way his flesh was torn open in violent slashes. Her legs began to shake. Hurt as he was, he could still be a danger. 

But she had Emi here. If Velles attacked them, Emi could just teleport them away again... hopefully. She looked down at her white shift. Surely she could stand to lose some of it. She bent down and ripped a piece of fabric off. It was harder than it had looked, and her piece came away jagged and uneven. As she did so, one of the white flowers she’d picked earlier fell out of her pocket. Strangely, it seemed undamaged. The petals remained perfectly smooth, and the stalk was unbent, with that same delicate curvature. She briefly considered offering the flower to Velles, but... how would that help, anyway? He’d most likely become confused. 

She took a few small steps towards the man, and offered him her makeshift bandage. 

13 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Kindness wraps her arms around Queen, giving her a big hug.

Queen returns the hug, a single tear trickling down her cheek.

Tchanta joined the hug, sighing gently in Q's mind. This is right.

8 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Faint echoes carried down the tunnel ahead of the group. "...destroyed? Already? I only just created them, my lord..." A pause. "Well, you did say that we weren't expecting anyone." Another pause, followed by a faint sigh. "Understood, my lord." The echo of footsteps grew louder and louder until their source turned the corner and came face to face with the group.

She appeared human, for a most part, but with a few striking differences. First of all, her wings- even folded up and from the front, at least the tips were visible. Second, a pair of apparently arthropodic antennae sticking out from the top of her head. And third - perhaps the most striking of all - shimmering, multifaceted pupils. If one looked closely, one would also notice a ring of pure blackness within the violet irises that surrounded them.

Those eyes widened slightly as they met those of the group's. For a moment, she seemed stunned speechless.

@Channelknight Fadran @AonEne @Mist @RadiantDramaQueen @Vapor @Spren of Kindness @Nathrangking

4 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"King Aridith," whispered Elaine. "I don't know. He might."

Another set of footsteps echoed in the passageway beyond. "Elaine?" a new voice called. "Is everything going smoothly?"

4 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The new voice turned the corner- a humanoid covered from head to toe in blinding white reptilian scales. "Elaine? The King said that you were facing... difficulties. Care to..." his eyes fell upon the group, "...elaborate?"

"Too late," whispered Elaine. To the newcomer, she turned with a smile plastered on her face. "No, Santonio; I assure you, I have this under control."

Elaine (a Hyxali) arrived, revealing herself as a servant of King Aridith.

A new person has arrived named Santonio.

Santonio folded his arms. "Really?" he murmured. "Well, I'll let the king be the judge of that." He turned to Fadran. "You- you look like a leader. What are you doing here?"

@Channelknight Fadran

This is gonna be random.

"Anyone else going to join? Because I'd really like to get a move on." Vapor looked around, peering into a small cave off the side. "Hello? I think I saw someone." Suddenly, a strange man in a cloak hopped out and pulled her in. "Halt!" He yelled as he hit Vapor over the head with a rock, causing her to pass out.

Edited by Vapor

21 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Santonio folded his arms. "Really?" he murmured. "Well, I'll let the king be the judge of that." He turned to Fadran. "You- you look like a leader. What are you doing here?"

@Channelknight Fadran

"Let us pass in peace. We don't seek battle with you. However, if we must fight know that we will not be so easily defeated." I slowly begin to pull heat from Santonio.

T lifts her bow, not drawing yet. Holding a bow at full draw is difficult, and she can draw quickly. Ember prepares mentally, focusing on the heat already in the air. Noticing that Nathrangking is pulling heat from Santonio, he pulls heat from the surrounding area. While he is not as good at pulling heat without fire, it is possible.

12 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Yes, I am most certainly... the leader here." Fadran says, dramatically thrusting out his chest and crossing his arms. "And also I own this here joint of the Iconar Collective. I haven't seen a king in these parts for a loooong time."

12 hours ago, Vapor said:

"Anyone else going to join? Because I'd really like to get a move on." Vapor looked around, peering into a small cave off the side. "Hello? I think I saw someone." Suddenly, a strange man in a cloak hopped out and pulled her in. "Halt!" He yelled as he hit Vapor over the head with a rock, causing her to pass out.

"Hey!" Fadran jumps after the man in the cloak, then Forges a quick Spirit Bond to the air and blows the man out of the cave. He removes Vapor from his grip then grabs him by the collar. "Who the heck are you and what do you think you're doing?"

16 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Yes, I am most certainly... the leader here." Fadran says, dramatically thrusting out his chest and crossing his arms. "And also I own this here joint of the Iconar Collective. I haven't seen a king in these parts for a loooong time."

Santonio raised an eyebrow. "Indeed you have not. Not yet. But you have not answered my question... why are you here?"

@Channelknight Fadran

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Santonio raised an eyebrow. "Indeed you have not. Not yet. But you have not answered my question... why are you here?"

@Channelknight Fadran

Internally I shrug at his insolent tone. In a rush I pull the heat from him and the ground around covering it and him in a layer of frost. "Let us pass. Our goals are no business of yours."

22 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Internally I shrug at his insolent tone. In a rush I pull the heat from him and the ground around covering it and him in a layer of frost. "Let us pass. Our goals are no business of yours."

A thick coat appears around Santonio in a flash of white. "You trespass on our territory," he says smoothly. "That makes it our business."

@Nathrangking

6 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Just multiverse searching!" Fadran replies, smiling. "Now, I have to ask--why are you here?"

"Searching?" said Santonio, raising an eyebrow. "Well, we are guarding, of course. Guarding the Gate to our kingdom. Guarding it from people like you."

In a flash of white, a knife appeared in his hand. Another pair materialized in Elaine's hands. "Aridith!" cried Santonio. "Eliminate!"

The black bands in Elaine's irises contracted. With a hiss, she charged the group, knives flashing dangerously.

@Channelknight Fadran

Edited by xinoehp512

12 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Searching?" said Santonio, raising an eyebrow. "Well, we are guarding, of course. Guarding the Gate to our kingdom. Guarding it from people like you."

In a flash of white, a knife appeared in his hand. Another pair materialized in Elaine's hands. "Aridith!" cried Santonio. "Eliminate!"

The black bands in Elaine's irises contracted. With a hiss, she charged the group, knives flashing dangerously.

@Channelknight Fadran

NOW we're getting somewhere ;)

Fadran backflips away from Elaine, summoning his Channelblade and deflecting one of her knives. He blows aside her attacks casually (or at least, casually on the surface. Beneath, the stress levels were significantly higher). "I have no intention of harming your kingdom--I'm just a scholar!"

7 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran backflips away from Elaine, summoning his Channelblade and deflecting one of her knives. He blows aside her attacks casually (or at least, casually on the surface. Beneath, the stress levels were significantly higher). "I have no intention of harming your kingdom--I'm just a scholar!"

"Too late," called Santonio. "You harm us simply by being here."

His eyes flash white, and an enormous pressure hurtles into Fadran's mind, commanding to be let in.

Elaine flicks open her wings and takes to the sky, attacking Fadran from above.

@Channelknight Fadran

Edited by xinoehp512

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

His eyes flash white, and an enormous pressure hurtles into Fadran's mind, commanding to be let in.

@Channelknight Fadran

HOLY!!! Fadran yells at Icona. BRAIN HELP!!! HELP I BRAIN NEED!!!!

What in tarnation are you talking about? Icona asks.

BRAIN HELP!!!

Yes, I caught that, but--oh. Icona hesitates. You did take Mind Illusion blockage classes, right?

This isn't Drakefell, lord Omnipotent sir. Fadran replies, deflecting an attack from Elaine. This is some mysterious magic thing! He wants to be let in. Holding it back, I can do. Exploit it... can you help me with that?

8 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

I sigh. I call forth a wave of intense heat and slam it into Elaine. I fire a wave of concentrated light Santonio and slam it into it. I rush at Santonio behind the wave and grab him by his throat. "Yield." Baalhan fires an arrow which pierces her right wing. He follows it up with a second which pierces her left wing.

36 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

HOLY!!! Fadran yells at Icona. BRAIN HELP!!! HELP I BRAIN NEED!!!!

What in tarnation are you talking about? Icona asks.

BRAIN HELP!!!

Yes, I caught that, but--oh. Icona hesitates. You did take Mind Illusion blockage classes, right?

This isn't Drakefell, lord Omnipotent sir. Fadran replies, deflecting an attack from Elaine. This is some mysterious magic thing! He wants to be let in. Holding it back, I can do. Exploit it... can you help me with that?

[I would advise against that,] said Tazeroth, her voice suddenly clear and urgent. [You face a holed- a species that captivates and controls minds on a regular basis. It doesn't need a key to your mind- it's a wrecking ball. Your connection to your god is confusing him, and that's why he hasn't enthralled you yet. Kill him immediately, before he figures it out.]

25 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I sigh. I call forth a wave of intense heat and slam it into Elaine. I fire a wave of concentrated light Santonio and slam it into it. I rush at Santonio behind the wave and grab him by his throat. "Yield." Baalhan fires an arrow which pierces her right wing. He follows it up with a second which pierces her left wing.

Elaine screams as the painful heat blisters her, and she falls to the ground on her hands and knees. She gives a cry of pain as each arrow takes her wing, her breaths becoming labored. She tries to push herself up but fails, her strength bleeding out of her.

Santonio chuckles through the grip. "Mistake..." he rasps.

Edited by xinoehp512

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

[I would advise against that,] said Tazeroth, her voice suddenly clear and urgent. [You face a holed- a species that captivates and controls minds on a regular basis. It doesn't need a key to your mind- it's a wrecking ball. Your connection to your god is confusing him, and that's why he hasn't enthralled you yet. Kill him immediately, before he figures it out.]

Thanks, Fadran replies, also, Icona is NOT a god.

A deity, Icona agrees, I am a deity.

Fadran runs at Santonio and attacks him with his Channelblade.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Thanks, Fadran replies, also, Icona is NOT a god.

A deity, Icona agrees, I am a deity.

Fadran runs at Santonio and attacks him with his Channelblade.

Santonio grunts, a blade materializing in his hand to block the onslaught. He clenches the other into a fist.

A bright flash of white light washes through the cavern.

Behind Fadran, another holed slowly gets to his feet, his scales as red as blood.

12 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Santonio grunts, a blade materializing in his hand to block the onslaught. He clenches the other into a fist.

A bright flash of white light washes through the cavern.

Behind Fadran, another holed slowly gets to his feet, his scales as red as blood.

Watch your six. Icona says.

Working on it! Fadran replies. But my twelve is also of interest to me. He strikes aside Santonio's sword in an attempt to stab him in the chest. Simultaneously, he kicks backwards with one of his feet and summons a column of flame, hurling it at the other holed.

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Hey!" Fadran jumps after the man in the cloak, then Forges a quick Spirit Bond to the air and blows the man out of the cave. He removes Vapor from his grip then grabs him by the collar. "Who the heck are you and what do you think you're doing?"

The man shifted. "Er..." He tries to pull out of Fadran's grip, but fails. "I thought... Well... She seemed to be... alone... well.... I figured... I needed some easy spheres." He smiled nervously. "I had to knock her out because I saw her with a Shardblade." He shuffled nervously.