The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Faint echoes carried down the tunnel ahead of the group. "...destroyed? Already? I only just created them, my lord..." A pause. "Well, you did say that we weren't expecting anyone." Another pause, followed by a faint sigh. "Understood, my lord." The echo of footsteps grew louder and louder until their source turned the corner and came face to face with the group.

She appeared human, for a most part, but with a few striking differences. First of all, her wings- even folded up and from the front, at least the tips were visible. Second, a pair of apparently arthropodic antennae sticking out from the top of her head. And third - perhaps the most striking of all - shimmering, multifaceted pupils. If one looked closely, one would also notice a ring of pure blackness within the violet irises that surrounded them.

Those eyes widened slightly as they met those of the group's. For a second, she seemed stunned speechless.

Both Baalhan and I step forward to the front of the group. I call forth two blades of light and Baalhan summons his bow and notches an arrow. "Who are you?" With a thought I begin to walk forward. I stop in the center of the cavern.

5 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Both Baalhan and I step forward to the front of the group. I call forth two blades of light and Baalhan summons his bow and notches an arrow. "Who are you?" With a thought I begin to walk forward. I stop in the center of the cavern.

"I am called Elaine," whispers the woman, her eyes fixated on the point of Baalhan's weapon. "S...servant of King Aridith."

35 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"King Aridith?"  Kindness asks.  "Did we cross another border somewhere?"

6 minutes ago, Mist said:

T: "King of the fortress?" T throws up shields in front of the group, drawing her bow. Ember creates a sword and places fire above Elaine's head, illuminating her.

"No..." whispered Elaine. "King of a different world."

4 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Vapor pulls Spin out of the air. "What are you?"

"What do you mean?" asked Elaine, confused.

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Q, huh?" Fadran asks. "So could I call you Letter Seventeen?"

Fadran! Icona chastises. Don't tease her.

"I'm just kidding," Fadran adds hastily, "welcome to the crew."

Queen chuckled lightly. She had a good feeling about this group, and her initial instincts had been right about her last team. If she had only payed attention to that then... The teasing made her feel welcome, as if she had known these people in another life.

2 hours ago, Mist said:

T: "I'm fine with it. We can always use more help. We seem to encounter many hordes of monsters."

E: "I guess. Are you willing to take the risk of being around me? Groups I'm with tend to ... die."

T: "You know, Ember, perhaps it is the groups' fault."

E: "I'll think about that."

Queen took a deep breath, knowing that if she started to get into this topic, she might never come out of her depressive state.

"My last few groups have also perished, although it was not my fault. I'll take the chance, as you seem like a good person."

Tchanta sent her a wave of pride at being able to mention her losses. Q had barely mentioned them in the 3 years since she was left on her own.

"I'm not a soft person most of the time. You weren't there when everyone found out someone killed my parents and 3 year old brother and sister when I was ten. After I healed, I grew up on the streets stealing from lords. I only recently got pardoned and joined." Vapor said matter-of-factly.

Spin rolled her eyes. "I believe what she was meaning to say was sorry."

"I'm not saying sorry until I know who you are."

A little bit after, Vapor looked at Q. "What's your, dark backstory? And don't worry. Almost everybody in this group has something wrong with them except for the spren. We've got a literal god in our group. Or is it demigod?"

Edited by Vapor

29 minutes ago, Vapor said:

A little bit after, Vapor looked at Q. "What's your, dark backstory? And don't worry. Almost everybody in this group has something wrong with them except for the spren. We've got a literal god in our group. Or is it demigod?"

Queen took a deep breath, seeking consolation from Tchanta, but none came. Of course.

"About four years ago, my fiance, Journey, and I went looking for my step-great-grand-aunt's priceless necklace. We were having no luck, but soon came across a large group of people, about forty of them. The leader, who they called Itch, invited us to join them, as they were headed in the same direction. We did, of course, but I didn't have a good feeling about it. We were with them for about a year without any attacks, but then, Itch and his cronies summoned a Harlyn. It is doubtful that any of you have seen one if these before, and you should be grateful."

Queen shuddered at the memory. The small, yet intimidating creature had been flesh-colored, with stains on its fur the color of blood. It had slightly resembled a rabbit, but had bones sticking out at odd angles, ears different lengths, bright blue dribbling saliva, and sharp, sleek teeth.

"It ignored me and went straight to Journey. He was the best swordsman that I have ever met, and was able to fend off the creature while I pleaded with Itch to call it off. He informed me that he knew what we were looking for, and was hoping to gain the powers and riches that it would bring. He had used us to locate the necklace, and now that we were out of ideas where it could be, we were useless, so we needed to be disposed of. 

"Journey gave a shout, and I turned just in time to see the Harlyn knock his sword out of his hand before-"

Q's voice broke as sobs threatened to surface.

"Before leaping towards him, grabbing his throat by its jaws, and tearing out his esophagus, leaving him to die. 

"My anger reached a new high, and I began attacking Itch and his men. I soon lost my awareness of my actions, and when I finally came to, I had killed all the men in the group, sparing the women and children. I left, and have been on my own since then.

"Earlier, I said that the death of my group wasn't my fault, and that's not completely true. But if they hadn't lied to gain our trust, just to kill us, we would most likely still be a team."

Well done, my Queen. Tchanta was back. Her timing was impeccable. You have faced your past.

Q held a hand up to her odd hat, allowing a small, mouse-like creature to crawl down from the hat to her shoulder.

Thank you, my friend.

28 minutes ago, Enter a username said:

Enter a username hands Q an unsealed goldmind. "This has about enough health to restore a missing limb."

Queen looked down at the medical treasure she held in her hands, Tchanta peering down from her shoulder.

"Thank you. I will use it wisely."

57 minutes ago, Vapor said:

"I'm not a soft person most of the time. You weren't there when everyone found out someone killed my parents and 3 year old brother and sister when I was ten. After I healed, I grew up on the streets stealing from lords. I only recently got pardoned and joined." Vapor said matter-of-factly.

Spin rolled her eyes. "I believe what she was meaning to say was sorry."

"I'm not saying sorry until I know who you are."

I respond to Vapor without turning my head. "I'm closer to a demigod I suppose. Baalhan though is a true god in every sense."

59 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Oh. I, my kind... we are called the Hyxali."

"Hyxali?"

11 minutes ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

Queen took a deep breath, seeking consolation from Tchanta, but none came. Of course.

"About four years ago, my fiance, Journey, and I went looking for my step-great-grand-aunt's priceless necklace. We were having no luck, but soon came across a large group of people, about forty of them. The leader, who they called Itch, invited us to join them, as they were headed in the same direction. We did, of course, but I didn't have a good feeling about it. We were with them for about a year without any attacks, but then, Itch and his cronies summoned a Harlyn. It is doubtful that any of you have seen one if these before, and you should be grateful."

Queen shuddered at the memory. The small, yet intimidating creature had been flesh-colored, with stains on its fur the color of blood. It had slightly resembled a rabbit, but had bones sticking out at odd angles, ears different lengths, bright blue dribbling saliva, and sharp, sleek teeth.

"It ignored me and went straight to Journey. He was the best swordsman that I have ever met, and was able to fend off the creature while I pleaded with Itch to call it off. He informed me that he knew what we were looking for, and was hoping to gain the powers and riches that it would bring. He had used us to locate the necklace, and now that we were out of ideas where it could be, we were useless, so we needed to be disposed of. 

"Journey gave a shout, and I turned just in time to see the Harlyn knock his sword out of his hand before-"

Q's voice broke as sobs threatened to surface.

"Before leaping towards him, grabbing his throat by its jaws, and tearing out his esophagus, leaving him to die. 

"My anger reached a new high, and I began attacking Itch and his men. I soon lost my awareness of my actions, and when I finally came to, I had killed all the men in the group, sparing the women and children. I left, and have been on my own since then.

"Earlier, I said that the death of my group wasn't my fault, and that's not completely true. But if they hadn't lied to gain our trust, just to kill us, we would most likely still be a team."

Well done, my Queen. Tchanta was back. Her timing was impeccable. You have faced your past.

Q held a hand up to her odd hat, allowing a small, mouse-like creature to crawl down from the hat to her shoulder.

Thank you, my friend.

Queen looked down at the medical treasure she held in her hands, Tchanta peering down from her shoulder.

"Thank you. I will use it wisely."

"Totally fine. Just don't kill me!"

Spin glares at Vapor.

"Too soon?"

11 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I respond to Vapor without turning my head. "I'm closer to a demigod I suppose. Baalhan though is a true god in every sense."

"Okay."

3 minutes ago, Enter a username said:

"He? Who's He? Or will He kill me if I know that, too?"

"King Aridith," whispered Elaine. "I don't know. He might."

Another set of footsteps echoed in the passageway beyond. "Elaine?" a new voice called. "Is everything going smoothly?"

The new voice turned the corner- a humanoid covered from head to toe in blinding white reptilian scales. "Elaine? The King said that you were facing... difficulties. Care to..." his eyes fell upon the group, "...elaborate?"

"Too late," whispered Elaine. To the newcomer, she turned with a smile plastered on her face. "No, Santonio; I assure you, I have this under control."