The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

"Thanks," said Ember. Walking away from the group, he looked back.

"Wait!" said T, when she noticed him leaving. She placed a field in front of him.

"This group is more capable than most. I can make force fields. Two of our number are usually intangible. Most or all of us have magic. I'm not sure about Ene, but Fadran and Nathrangking have some sort of magic. Username has an emergency teleporter and unsealed goldminds. He passed several to each of us. I'm actually carrying two, mine and Kindness'. We haven't lost anyone yet. We'd love it if you'd stay."

Ember stopped. "You're sure? ... You'll take the risk of having me with you?"

"I'm fine with it," said T. "What's your name?"

"Ember. And the others? Are they okay with it?"

Edited by Mist
Flame on!

4 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Ok, maybe I got a little bit carried away writing:). Sorry I kinda godmodded your monsters to death. And defined what they look like and stuff. If you want me to change any of it, let me know and I can rewrite it to match the idea that you had when you first created them.

Also, sorry the post came so late, I was working on it last night and then didn’t have time to finish it until now.

On a separate note, I’m so proud of autocorrect. It changed ruin to Ruin. Twice!

Storms Truthless, that was amazing! Giant undead vine birds are cooler than vague shadow blobs anyway. 

No, don’t apologise, it was worth the wait. I’m sorry for prodding you — I didn’t realise you were going to write such a long post.

Autocorrect using cosmere terms is always great 

9 minutes ago, Mist said:

"Thanks," said Ember. Walking away from the group, he looked back.

"Wait!" said T, when she noticed him leaving. She placed a field in front of him.

"This group is more capable than most. I can make force fields. Two of our number are usually intangible. Most or all of us have magic. I'm not sure about Ene, but Fadran and Nathrangking have some sort of magic. Username has an emergency teleporter and unsealed goldminds. He passed several to each of us. I'm actually carrying two, mine and Kindness'. We haven't lost anyone yet. We'd love it if you'd stay."

Ember stopped. "You're sure? ... You'll take the risk of having me with you?"

"I'm fine with it," said T. "What's your name?"

"Ember. And the others? Are they okay with it?"

"Completely. Welcome to the crew!" Fadran extends a hand to Ember for him (him, right? just making sure?) to shake. "I'm Fadran, Highmaster Arcane Mage, Traveling Merchant, and Iconan Channelknight. I own this here joint of the Iconar Collective, and I kind of unintentionally threw this crew together."

It was kind of everyone's fault for throwing this group together, Icona corrects him, and what the crap are you talking about 'owning this here joint of the Iconar Collective?'

Fadran mentally shrugs. Dunno, man. First impressions, you know?

E: "I guess I'll come with you for a while."

8 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

T, I'm going back to my normal form now, Kindness says.  The Blade puffs into mist, which quickly forms into Kindness's human form.

T: "Thanks for letting me use you as a blade! It helped a lot. Well, then welcome, Ember. Do you want the extra metalmind I'm carrying?"

E: "I wouldn't want to take your resources."

T: "I insist. Our activities are rather dangerous." She passes a metalmind to Ember.

1 hour ago, Mist said:

"And the others? Are they okay with it?"

"I am theoretically okay with it, on the grounds that none of us do start dying," Ene said warily. "Not that I don't trust you or anything, but in my experience welcoming new members to a group doesn't always work out as planned."

Edited by AonEne

Queen stepped out of her hiding place, deciding to take the risk that this group, unlike her last one, was trustworthy. She could no longer bear to face these terrors alone. Not after... No, she couldn't afford to think about that. She knew that it would cause her to lose herself, and that was something she didn't think she could survive again.

Thin, with a flat figure, she was dressed in mostly greens, with an oversized army jacket with pockets covering every inch, except for one spot, where a tarnished gold pin shaped vaguely like a heart lay, directly over her heart. Her cargo pants fit to her form, which made the bulges of the pockets stand out even more. Her boots looked shockingly new, the only part of her outfit that wasn't faded, torn, or stained. Atop her head was the strangest part of her clothing. A grayish-blue top hat, extremely oversized and almost comical, perched above her mess of short, brown curls. The hat had a tool belt around it, holding seemingly random, useless knick knacks. The hat was also constantly moving, at least slightly. The group members couldn't help but wonder how they had managed to overlook her earlier. She had only been a few feet away from them.

"Speaking of new members..." Her voice was shaky with nerves, as well as the fact that she had had to remain silent for the past three years to avoid being noticed by her threateners. "Got room for one more? I have no magic, but I can be quite stealthy. I also have some medical training and know my way around wounds. My only weapon is my dagger, but I'm quick enough to avoid being caught."

Edited by RadiantDramaQueen
Adding some more fun details!

5 hours ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

Queen stepped out of her hiding place, deciding to take the risk that this group, unlike her last one, was trustworthy. She could no longer bear to face these terrors alone. Not after... No, she couldn't afford to think about that. She knew that it would cause her to lose herself, and that was something she didn't think she could survive again.

Thin, with a flat figure, she was dressed in mostly greens, with an oversized army jacket with pockets covering every inch, except for one spot, where a tarnished gold pin shaped vaguely like a heart lay, directly over her heart. Her cargo pants fit to her form, which made the bulges of the pockets stand out even more. Her boots looked shockingly new, the only part of her outfit that wasn't faded, torn, or stained. Atop her head was the strangest part of her clothing. A grayish-blue top hat, extremely oversized and almost comical, perched above her mess of short, brown curls. The hat had a tool belt around it, holding seemingly random, useless knick knacks. The hat was also constantly moving, at least slightly. The group members couldn't help but wonder how they had managed to overlook her earlier. She had only been a few feet away from them.

"Speaking of new members..." Her voice was shaky with nerves, as well as the fact that she had had to remain silent for the past three years to avoid being noticed by her threateners. "Got room for one more? I have no magic, but I can be quite stealthy. I also have some medical training and know my way around wounds. My only weapon is my dagger, but I'm quick enough to avoid being caught."

I cock an eyebrow when this new petitioner stepped out of the shadows. I had sensed someone else, but had made no mention of it. Her ability to stay hidden was impressive had I not had my powers she might have stayed undetected. Baalhan is stoic. "Indeed. Welcome to our band."

Edited by Nathrangking

17 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Finally, Velles stepped back, breathing deep. He took one last deep breath and then... released his right arm. Once again armless, Velles Focused, and his actual arms appeared. It was only then that he realized that he was covered in dozens of gashes, from the bird’s final thrashing. He was bleeding, hard. Several of his wounds felt quite deep.

Lightheaded, he turned to the women. He must of looked horrifying, covered in the black and red fluids. “I’m Velles,” he said. “Who are you guys?”

The nightmare birds lay sprawled on the ground, red blood and black ooze mottling their horrid forms. The girl shuffled closer to Emi. 

The strange man with the stone-but-not-stone-arms fixed his bloodied gaze on her, and she flinched. She put a hand to her mouth as her stomach heaved, but nothing came out. She hadn’t eaten in... It didn’t matter now.

“I’m Velles,” the man said. “Who are you guys?” 

The girl stared back at him inquisitively. She took in his ragged appearance, and the myriad of angry cuts and bruises and gashes with bright red red blood, flowing fast fast down and down, rivers of blood too wide and deep, and it was like when... 

When...

Far away, a man screaming.

Blood on her hands.

“You monsters, what have you done?”

The girl blinked, surprised to find tears in her eyes. She was still in the abandoned city, with Emi next to her and the other man... Velles. She wiped them away, hoping no one noticed, before remembering his question. She replied honestly.

“I don’t know.”

I hope it’s okay that I described Velles as ragged. I assumed that after a fight like that he’d be at least a bit dishevelled.

1 hour ago, The Awakened Salad said:

The nightmare birds lay sprawled on the ground, red blood and black ooze mottling their horrid forms. The girl shuffled closer to Emi. 

The strange man with the stone-but-not-stone-arms fixed his bloodied gaze on her, and she flinched. She put a hand to her mouth as her stomach heaved, but nothing came out. She hadn’t eaten in... It didn’t matter now.

“I’m Velles,” the man said. “Who are you guys?” 

The girl stared back at him inquisitively. She took in his ragged appearance, and the myriad of angry cuts and bruises and gashes with bright red red blood, flowing fast fast down and down, rivers of blood too wide and deep, and it was like when... 

When...

Far away, a man screaming.

Blood on her hands.

“You monsters, what have you done?”

The girl blinked, surprised to find tears in her eyes. She was still in the abandoned city, with Emi next to her and the other man... Velles. She wiped them away, hoping no one noticed, before remembering his question. She replied honestly.

“I don’t know.”

“Huh,” Velles said. “I can’t either.” The girl seemed to be weeping, though why, Velles couldn’t tell. He hoped it wasn’t his appearance. He would need to find a way to get the mess off of him.

Velles, dizzy, sat down on a nearby boulder. “Are either of you good healers?” he asked. “This blood loss will get the best of me if I don’t do something about it soon.” Even as he spoke, he took of his coat and began to tear it into strips, make-shift bandages until something better could be found.

No that’s perfect, it’s what I was aiming for!

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

I cock an eyebrow when this new petitioner stepped out of the shadows. I had sensed someone else, but had made no mention of it. Her ability to stay hidden was impressive had I not had my powers she might have stayed undetected. Baalhan is stoic. "Indeed. Welcome to our band."

Queen felt a wave of relief wash over her as the one they had called Nath welcomed her into their group, despite the fact that a few of them were still glaring at her suspiciously... Or maybe it was confusion. She found it hard to distinguish human emotions after all this time, and even though some of these members weren't humans, their emotions still were.

Tchanta, she thought, what is their emotion?

She felt a wave of sadness from her companion that she was no longer able to recognize the expressions of her own kind, then felt Tchanta's realization that she couldn't recognize it either.

I... I don't know. Perhaps you should ask them.

"What about the rest of them? I don't want to intrude if even one member wishes me not to."

16 minutes ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

Queen felt a wave of relief wash over her as the one they had called Nath welcomed her into their group, despite the fact that a few of them were still glaring at her suspiciously... Or maybe it was confusion. She found it hard to distinguish human emotions after all this time, and even though some of these members weren't humans, their emotions still were.

She felt a wave of sadness from her companion that she was no longer able to recognize the expressions of her own kind, then felt Tchanta's realization that she couldn't recognize it either.

"What about the rest of them? I don't want to intrude if even one member wishes me not to."

"The more the merrier!" Fadran replies. "You have a name, I hope? I'd rather not call you 'number seven' or something."

6 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"The more the merrier!" Fadran replies. "You have a name, I hope? I'd rather not call you 'number seven' or something."

Queen smiled, happy that this member was so willing to accept her. "My name is Queen, but you can just call me Q. I am no queen anymore."

Tchanta's voice sounded softly in the back of Queen's head. You will always be a queen. Even when your head is too weak to hold your crown.

1 hour ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

Queen smiled, happy that this member was so willing to accept her. "My name is Queen, but you can just call me Q. I am no queen anymore."

Tchanta's voice sounded softly in the back of Queen's head. You will always be a queen. Even when your head is too weak to hold your crown.

"Q, huh?" Fadran asks. "So could I call you Letter Seventeen?"

Fadran! Icona chastises. Don't tease her.

"I'm just kidding," Fadran adds hastily, "welcome to the crew."

2 hours ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

T: "I'm fine with it. We can always use more help. We seem to encounter many hordes of monsters."

E: "I guess. Are you willing to take the risk of being around me? Groups I'm with tend to ... die."

T: "You know, Ember, perhaps it is the groups' fault."

E: "I'll think about that."

Faint echoes carried down the tunnel ahead of the group. "...destroyed? Already? I only just created them, my lord..." A pause. "Well, you did say that we weren't expecting anyone." Another pause, followed by a faint sigh. "Understood, my lord." The echo of footsteps grew louder and louder until their source turned the corner and came face to face with the group.

She appeared human, for a most part, but with a few striking differences. First of all, her wings- even folded up and from the front, at least the tips were visible. Second, a pair of apparently arthropodic antennae sticking out from the top of her head. And third - perhaps the most striking of all - shimmering, multifaceted pupils. If one looked closely, one would also notice a ring of pure blackness within the violet irises that surrounded them.

Those eyes widened slightly as they met those of the group's. For a moment, she seemed stunned speechless.

@Channelknight Fadran @AonEne @Mist @RadiantDramaQueen @Vapor @Spren of Kindness @Nathrangking

Edited by xinoehp512