The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

"Ow, hey!" Fadran, unable to Forge connections to each of the raindrops, opted to create a wind shield above his head. "Hey, Master Omnipotent sir, I get it that you want to further this battle, but is all this flourish really necessary? I've got enough to worry about without your lightning. Like that cat, for instance!"

On 6/14/2020 at 6:08 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Ow, hey!" Fadran, unable to Forge connections to each of the raindrops, opted to create a wind shield above his head. "Hey, Master Omnipotent sir, I get it that you want to further this battle, but is all this flourish really necessary? I've got enough to worry about without your lightning. Like that cat, for instance!"

I sigh and banish the lightning.

Edited by Nathrangking

Fadran, who wasn't particularly fond of losing a duel to a kitty-cat, Forged a connection to the Flow of Time itself. He slowed time around him, taking a step to the left and watching the cat move sluggishly through the air to where he had been standing just seconds before. With a grunt, sweat appearing on his bow, he felt the Flow of Time protest against his hold and break free. The cat soared through the air at regular speed once again, landing in the sand with confusion.

Fadran dismissed his Shardblade, then held out his hand to the air, feeling at his Channelblade, which was... where, exactly? All the way back in Ivinan?

This might take a hot minute. He thought to himself with a sigh.

Fadran jerked back his hand, but wasn't quick enough to fully escape the sword, receiving a nasty jagged cut along his forearm. He felt his connection with his Channelblade dwindle, but he maintained its hold. He could feel it soaring through the Omniverse now; right next door the to the Alleyverse, if he was correct. After it took a quick trip through the Cosmere, it should only take a few seconds before it reached him here on this island, right?

"So, sir Gear man," Fadran said, dodging his attacks, "what alerted you to the location of this treasure? A god? That cat?"

"Three books, an ancient prophecy, a dead but dreaming god, a thunder of dragons, the pattern embossed on the Mountains of Eternity, and a backwards dog," Dr. Gears said, swinging his sword towards his opponent's undefended gut.

Fadran did the Mace Windu thing to dodge the attack. "Seems legit enough. It took me a Prime Deity, a Snazzy-looking Necromancer, a grain-based warrior, an entire library of ancient tomes, and one Fire Emblem game to find my way here. I also got some information from Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, but I could've found this place without it." Fadran's arm started to throb, and he desperately felt at his Channelblade; great, it had reached Roshar, and it wouldn't take long for it to find him. "Did your books, prophecy, dead god, dragons, pattern, and backwards dog tell you what was in that chest? Because nothing I found said anything about the contents."

"No, unfortunately," Dr. Gears replied. "The cat knows, but it won't tell me, despite my cajoling with delicious treats." The aforementioned cat was delicately tearing a fish to pieces and tapping each one to make it disappear. Dr. Gears stepped closer to his opponent, pressing his advantage while his opponent was still weaponless. "I don't think it eats, to be honest. It just shreds food and makes it disappear."

1 minute ago, Nathrangking said:

Nathrangking descends and raises a bemused eyebrow. "You came here and you don't know what sits within the chest?"

"I mean, a good book is all about suspense, right? And we're just a bunch of words on a topic stream!"

Fadran! Icona chastised. What did I tell you about breaking the fourth wall?

Fadran sighed. "Fine, I'll take that back." He Forged another connection with the Flow of Time, reversing time to back before he said anything about topic streams.

"I mean, a good book is all about suspense, right? Why not real life?"

3 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Nathrangking descends and raises a bemused eyebrow. "You came here and you don't know what sits within the chest?"

"I came here because I do not know what sits within the chest," Dr. Gears replied. "I saw a deficit in my knowledge and sought to rectify it.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran gave him a look. "So it'd be cool if I just sort of... took the stuff but let you study it first?"

Dr. Gears shook his head and gave his opponent a Glare™. "The contents of the chest will be mine, by right of conquest. You have no claim to them, so you will not have them."

Nathrangking laughs. "Fadran listen to the voice of reason. Even I am bound by certain rules. All that I may say is that the treasures within can shake all of reality to its core." Continues to create intricate patterns with the light blade.

12 minutes ago, Gears said:

Dr. Gears shook his head and gave his opponent a Glare™. "The contents of the chest will be mine, by right of conquest. You have no claim to them, so you will not have them."

Fadran smiled. "Good! That treasure wouldn't be worth much if I didn't have to fight for them."

With that, his Channelknight soared into his hand like Thor's Hammer (not that Fadran knows anything about that), healing the wound in his arm. He felt his Forgeries grow more vibrant as the Faiden Clusters began to course throug his sword.

"I haven't any idea how much longer this fight is going to be, though."

Nathrangking laughs. "Fadran listen to the voice of reason. Even I am bound by certain rules. All that I may say is that the treasures within can shake all of reality to its core." Continues to create intricate patterns with the light blade.

"Shake all of reality to its core?" Fadran shakes his head. "Let me tell you how many times I've heard that phrase."

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran smiled. "Good! That treasure wouldn't be worth much if I didn't have to fight for them."

With that, his Channelknight soared into his hand like Thor's Hammer (not that Fadran knows anything about that), healing the wound in his arm. He felt his Forgeries grow more vibrant as the Faiden Clusters began to course throug his sword.

"I haven't any idea how much longer this fight is going to be, though."

Dr. Gears looked at his clipboard and threw the cat at his opponent. The prophecy should incite the spirits very, very soon.