The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I'm not sure. Just keep looking for more sources?"

Tchanta!

Of course Tchanta would be a main source! How had Queen not considered this before? Even when she thought to look in the part of her mind where she and Tchanta communicated, she didn't consider that using Tchanta as a source would most likely unlock many doors, not just one. Not only that, but it might make it possible for her to communicate with Tchanta again. It might be able to renew Tchanta's strength.

This time took longer. It was more difficult to find Tchanta's mind, which made no sense. Queen would be enhancing Tchanta's powers, but she could tell that there was more to it than that. All of Tchanta's doors were open, so that was new. Instead of just focusing on the room that held Tchanta's powers, Queen expanded it to include every room in both Tchanta's and her own mind. She knew there was a chance that she would pass out again, so, learning from her mistakes, she sat down against the wall before drawing on her memories of Tchanta. The times they would be so bored that they tried to play mental card games, the moments when Tchanta comforted her in her sadness, anger, and loneliness, and, most of all, the time Queen had to deal with all three at the same time. Journey's death. 

Journey.

Journey!

Queen quickly edited her attempts. She couldn't reach Journey's mind, but that wouldn't stop him from being a source. Yes, she had used parts of him before, but now? Now she put every memory, every feeling, every experience she had ever had with Journey by her side. Now, she remembered times when Tchanta had been (grudgingly) a messenger between their minds, sharing even their thoughts with each other. No secrets, no lies. They were open with each other, talked about everything. Queen remembered all this and more, drawing the emotions and feelings out of the memories, molding them into keys to fit each door. Soon, every door in Queen's mind had a key. If she survived this, she would have full access to her powers, maybe even greater tolerance for the strength it took from her each time she drew upon it. 

The wave came, but it wasn't rocks. This time, it came more like a gentle river than a wave, warm water trickling through her mind. Queen felt pure, powerful, and able to accomplish anything she wanted to. The doors opened, and Queen already couldn't remember how to live without it. Healing, strength, creativity, every power imaginable was at Queen's fingertips, though she knew there would be a price to pay for the powers. Then, a voice she hadn't realized she missed as much as she did.

My queen! You did it!

Tchanta! Queen felt tears of joy building in front of her eyes, but she didn't care. You're back!

I never left you, my queen. I knew you would be able to speak to me again, it was only a matter of time.

The small, mouse-like creature climbed down from Queen's hat and nuzzled against her face. Now, you must help them figure out how to escape.

Queen looked around. What had happened to her friends? Where had that pineapple come from? Why was Kindness a sandwich? Things must be hopeless if it had come to this. She had no idea how to renew hope, but she was sure that at least Kindness would appreciate this effort.

"Group hug!" she shouted, standing up and extending her arms in invitation.

Just now, DramaQueen said:

Tchanta!

Of course Tchanta would be a main source! How had Queen not considered this before? Even when she thought to look in the part of her mind where she and Tchanta communicated, she didn't consider that using Tchanta as a source would most likely unlock many doors, not just one. Not only that, but it might make it possible for her to communicate with Tchanta again. It might be able to renew Tchanta's strength.

This time took longer. It was more difficult to find Tchanta's mind, which made no sense. Queen would be enhancing Tchanta's powers, but she could tell that there was more to it than that. All of Tchanta's doors were open, so that was new. Instead of just focusing on the room that held Tchanta's powers, Queen expanded it to include every room in both Tchanta's and her own mind. She knew there was a chance that she would pass out again, so, learning from her mistakes, she sat down against the wall before drawing on her memories of Tchanta. The times they would be so bored that they tried to play mental card games, the moments when Tchanta comforted her in her sadness, anger, and loneliness, and, most of all, the time Queen had to deal with all three at the same time. Journey's death. 

Journey.

Journey!

Queen quickly edited her attempts. She couldn't reach Journey's mind, but that wouldn't stop him from being a source. Yes, she had used parts of him before, but now? Now she put every memory, every feeling, every experience she had ever had with Journey by her side. Now, she remembered times when Tchanta had been (grudgingly) a messenger between their minds, sharing even their thoughts with each other. No secrets, no lies. They were open with each other, talked about everything. Queen remembered all this and more, drawing the emotions and feelings out of the memories, molding them into keys to fit each door. Soon, every door in Queen's mind had a key. If she survived this, she would have full access to her powers, maybe even greater tolerance for the strength it took from her each time she drew upon it. 

The wave came, but it wasn't rocks. This time, it came more like a gentle river than a wave, warm water trickling through her mind. Queen felt pure, powerful, and able to accomplish anything she wanted to. The doors opened, and Queen already couldn't remember how to live without it. Healing, strength, creativity, every power imaginable was at Queen's fingertips, though she knew there would be a price to pay for the powers. Then, a voice she hadn't realized she missed as much as she did.

My queen! You did it!

Tchanta! Queen felt tears of joy building in front of her eyes, but she didn't care. You're back!

I never left you, my queen. I knew you would be able to speak to me again, it was only a matter of time.

The small, mouse-like creature climbed down from Queen's hat and nuzzled against her face. Now, you must help them figure out how to escape.

Queen looked around. What had happened to her friends? Where had that pineapple come from? Why was Kindness a sandwich? Things must be hopeless if it had come to this. She had no idea how to renew hope, but she was sure that at least Kindness would appreciate this effort.

"Group hug!" she shouted, standing up and extending her arms in invitation.

Kindness shifts out of sandwich form and hugs Queen.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran joins the group hug. He hadn't seen what had happened in Queen's mind; but he had a hunch.

"I'm proud of you." He whispered.

A silent tear fell down Queen's face. She had done it.