The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

Okay, later just ignore this.

While Herate was standing in a fighting position, waiting for the orange holed to make the first move, she started talking to herself. "Well, first I need to defeat these holed, then I'm going to go help T and Eric, then we need to go get that Vapor person. I think that's all who are missing, so once I do that we can leave. Of course, I could get captured here, which would totally upset the whole mission and cause people to have to help me. Hmm. I sure hope that doesn't happen. La dee da, I'm really bored. I wonder if this orange holed has a book i can read while I'm waiting for it to attack me."

I assumed we weren't getting Baalhan because that's what Vapor and Mist kept telling me.

Edited by Condensation

6 minutes ago, Condensation said:

While Herate was standing in a fighting position, waiting for the orange holed to make the first move, she started talking to herself. "Well, first I need to defeat these holed, then I'm going to go help T and Eric, then we need to go get that Vapor person. I think that's all who are missing, so once I do that we can leave. Of course, I could get captured here, which would totally upset the whole mission and cause people to have to help me. Hmm. I sure hope that doesn't happen. La dee da, I'm really bored. I wonder if this orange holed has a book i can read while I'm waiting for it to attack me."

Well Baalhan just got thrown under the bus ^_^

On 7/27/2020 at 5:20 PM, Condensation said:

Herate lands on her back and skids down the hallway. She scrambles back to her feet and has to support herself against the wall to catch her breath. She takes a fighting stance and smiles again. "I could do this all day."

The orange holed chuckles. "Happy to oblige."

He charges down the passageway, traveling several feet with every step.

Anyone else need me right now?

From Baalhan's perspective, they are true. :ph34r: It's fine.

Aridith, King of the holed and Emperor of the Multiverse, strode through through the white stone hallways of the Outpost. The crowds of workers and drones flowed around him as though he were surrounded by an invisible forcefield, paying their respects to their supreme ruler.
Unlike some other of his subjects, they knew their place. The insufferable Jeffery Larue could stand to learn a thing or two from them. His refusal to share his secret to creating the most powerful fusions of holed power was the only thing holding the Empire back from an unprecedented wave of expansion that would forever cement the name of Aridith in history.
At least he'd won this battle. Aridith allowed himself a small upturning at the corners of his mouth at the delicious feeling of victory. After months of bargaining, at last he had a specimen from the scientist himself.
Of course, while the stone was powerful, there was only so much it could do. He could guarantee that the scientist had a stronger version up his sleeve - he was still hidden, after all - and he'd continue to make even stronger ones with time. Which, if the past was any guide, would have costs too high for even Aridith to pay.
What he needed was the process. The secret by which Dr. Larue created such powerful items. There was a possibility it could be determined by examining the stone itself, but it was unlikely. No, if he wanted the secret, he'd likely have to get it from Dr. Larue himself. And not by force, either- the scientist had measures against that, both obvious and concealed. The truth would need to be coaxed from him of his own volition. 
It would take a priceless prize to tempt him to reveal his secret. But King Aridith was sure he had something that would do the trick.
Or rather, someone.
---
Abigail stared quietly out the window, watching the lines of workers and drones file endlessly on. 
She turned away sighing softly. It was mesmerizing to watch, but it got old after a while. Too bad, really, that she was trapped here. Not literally trapped, of course- she was free to leave, if she wished - but practically, there was no way she was going to risk getting captured by anyone, as Rekaerb had warned her the holed were wont to do. 
All of a sudden, she felt a hand on her shoulder. She jerked around, relaxing when she saw it was only Rekaerb.
"Getting bored yet?" he asked wryly.
"Better than being chased," said Abigail softly, turning to look out the window again. "Or..."
Her mind blanked. No need to think of that. It would only bring pain.
"True," said Rekaerb, and Abigail suddenly noticed a tenseness to his speech. "But I wouldn't be so sure you're safe. Not even here."
"What?" said Abigail, shocked.
"King Aridith," said Rekaerb grimly. "He's walking this way. And he's almost here."
Abigail felt a chill go through her. "He... doesn't have a reason to capture me," she said with uncertainty. "Right?"
Rekaerb's expression did not reassure her. Instead, he snapped his fingers in a flash of blue light. A purple amulet dropped into his outstretched hand, and he handed it to Abigail.
"Put this on," he said. "It will disguise you."
Abigail put the amulet on, feeling a tingle wash through her as she did so. She looked up. "Did it work?"
"Perfect," said Rekaerb. "Now, let's go." He grabbed her arm, and they vanished together in a flash of blue.
---
Jared tapped his foot impatiently against the garishly colored floor. He'd been waiting here for over an hour now. What was taking High Queen Hyxlia so long? Honestly, it seemed like all he'd done since he got here was wait. Wait for the opportunity to petition for an audience. Wait for the date of the audience itself. And now, apparently, he had to wait for the thing to even begin. In a room that looked like rainbow vomit, no less. Silence and Shadows, if he had to wait another minute in this place he might just-
Welcome, Jared-son-Jacob, said a melodious voice in his head, interrupting his thoughts. I am ready to meet with you now.
Jared stood up. Finally! "Where should I go?" he asked.
You need go nowhere, said Hyxlia. I will speak to you where you are.
"..Oh," said Jared, sitting down. "Okay then. Do you want me to talk, or should I just ... you know... think stuff at you?"
Whatever makes you most comfortable, said Hyxlia.
Jared cleared his throat. "Okay then."
There was a brief pause of silence filled only by Jared's foot tapping on the stone ground.
"So," he said at last. "My sister. I think she's here. In this Universe."
So you have said.
"Well, do you think you could... try and find her, or something?"
Indeed I can. And, in fact, I have.
"Really?" said Jared, perking up. "What did you find? Where is she?"
The High Queen of the Hyxali sighed.
Nothing, she said gently. I could not find any trace of her.
"What?" exclaimed Jared, standing up. "But that's- surely that's- that can't be..." He shook his head. "She has to be here. If she's not, she... she..."
He swallowed, unable to finish the sentence.
I feel your pain, said Hyxlia, and Jared could feel the truth in her words. But do not lose hope. Just because I could not find her does not mean she is not here. There is much that goes on in my domain that is hidden from even me.
Jared nodded slowly and sat back down with a sigh. "You really have no clue where she could be?"
Not unless she is with your grandfather, said Hyxlia.
Jared's head jerked up in shock.
"He's here?" he said, stunned. Then his eyes narrowed. "Where?"
---
Jaxevist stared through the one-way glass at the captive god of war. On the other side of the walls, he knew, four green holed stood in intense focus, using their power to transfix the captive. 
"So," said a familiar voice behind him. "Four greens? He must be a powerful one."
Jaxevist exhaled. "Hello, Cassandra."
He felt a hand slip onto his shoulder. "Hey," said Cassandra gently. "Are you alright?"
"Yes," said Jaxevist succintly, continuing to stare straight ahead.
Cassandra sighed, and he heard the rustle of her dress as she knelt down beside him. "I heard about where he sent you," she said quietly. "Are you sure you're okay?"
"Yes," said Jaxevist again, perhaps a little too emphatically. "I'm fine. Besides, it's all over now. Santonio summoned me back to deal with a group of travelers and then the barrier went up. Aridith can't send me back."
Cassandra sighed again, this time with a hint of exasperation. "Jax, I-"
"Don't you have queen stuff to do?" interrupted Jaxevist. "Making workers, running the outpost, that sort of thing."
The Hyxali queen huffed, and even though Jax couldn't see her he could tell she had folded her arms. "This is 'queen stuff', as you so elegantly put it. You are the most powerful being in this outpost. I need to make sure you aren't going to go crazy and kill us all." She leaned forwards, trying to make eye contact. "I'm not just doing this because you're my friend and I'm worried about you."
Jaxevist snorted, refusing to make eye contact. "Most powerful?" he said skeptically. "I doubt it. The King doesn't need four greens to hold me down."
"Don't be ridiculous. You would destroy that war god in a straight fight, and you know it."
"So?" said Jaxevist. "Winning fights isn't everything. What use is winning if I destroy everything I care about in the process?"
"You really think it would come to that?"
"If he gets free? Absolutely. You think Aridith cares two cennels about this place?"
Cassandra was quiet for a moment. "We'll have to make sure it doesn't come to that, then,"  she said at last.
All of a sudden, Jax heard footsteps turn the corner and begin to walk towards the prison cell. He turned his head to look over his shoulder to see who the newcomer was.
Striding quickly towards them was Santonio, the corridor light glinting off his gleaming white scales.His face curled up as he saw Cassandra and Jaxevist at the end of the hallway.
"What are you doing here?" he sneered.
"We might ask the same of you," said Jaxevist coldly, getting to his feet.
---
Aridith looked at Jaxevist with a cold gaze, reminding himself that all the red saw was Santonio. His insolence was excused. There was no need to let his frustration at his lack of success in capturing the girl influence his decisions.
"I am on an errand from the King himself," he said with a sneer. "One I need not explain to you."
He gave them a slight mental push to confirm his authenticity.
Jaxevist clenched his fist, but he stood aside to let "Santonio" pass. Aridith could feel his gaze follow him as he stepped forwards and opened the door of the chamber proper.

What appears to be Santonio is standing before Baalhan. What does he do? 

3 hours ago, Vapor said:

The rings in Eric's eyes weaken, then strengthen again. "It... didn't work," he says. "Why didn't it work on me?"

2 hours ago, Vapor said:

Eric stares at T. "Your thrall rings aren't there anymore, but mine are. Do you know why?"

23 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Eric stuck his face through the bars. "I'm bored," he said to T.

"I don't know. That's odd. Same with the rings. I'm sorry that you're bored." T can no longer feel the connection to the blue holed. She reaches for the lockpicks again. Picking the lock, she turns to Eric. "Do you want to come? I think I can hold you with my strengthened powers."

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

This is an RP! Love arcs don't work in an RP! 

*lightning flashes and thunder cracks abruptly* *the sounds of a struggle can be heard if one is listening hard* *suddenly, the noises ramp up in volume and culminate in a Wilhelm Scream, a cat screeching, a plane falling out of the sky, and someone losing at Monopoly*

*something loudly blitzes down the hall, careens around a corner, and shoots an explosive at the door, which detonates with rainbow fireworks and red smoke* *she bursts through this and laughs maniacally, several people straggling after her, having been unable to hold her back* 

*Ene snickers like a toddler who’s had five too many sugar highs in the last hour and spreads her arms wide* 

DID SOMEONE SAY LOVE ARC? 

Well, now I’m shipping it. Anyone who thinks you can’t write a ship in a roleplay has never read a roleplay I’ve been in. 

(Also, hi Chaos! You probably won’t see this but lol whatever) 

Ember replied, "I'm not sure. Any magic you can do to make it harder for the mimes to detect us, Ene?"

"Eric, I was planning to break you out then bring you with me, holding you in fields. Are you still down for that?" @Vapor