Quick Fix 45: To Set an Example

It was well past dusk, the candles flickering near their last, condemned shadows dancing in vain on the stone walls and austere furniture of Prelan Orielle's office. The man himself bore all the hallmarks of mediocrity. A third son of a cadet branch of the Orielle line, of reasonable but limited intellect, and showing not a sign of allomancy, he joined the Canton of Orthodoxy upon adolescence. His career had been predictably uneventful; Fadrex City was far from the political games of Luthadel. It was with great surprise, then, that the Prelan Orielle, hunched over a record book at his desk, was disturbed by a sharp knock on the door and the entry of a Steel Inquisitor - a sight almost legendary to the lower ranks of the Empire's bureaucracy. 

Surprise turned swiftly to concern, as the Inquisitor turned to the Prelan, and fixed him with a stare, all the more terrifying for the absence of eyes.

"Prelan." He spoke, and let the silence build. "It has come to the attention of the Canton of Inquisition that your organisation's grip on the affairs of Fadrex has become irresponsibly loose."

The Inquisitor paused, and then turned, gesturing to the darkness outside the small window overlooking the Prelan's desk. "Corruption is rife, naturally, but we have heard rumour of indolence in your record-keeping concerning the skaa plantations." A cold smile grew. "The Lord Patresen so very kindly informed us, upon our... questioning, of skaa escaping his lands, and of no small number of boxings changing hands to avoid scrutiny of this inconvenient fact. You will, no doubt, understand why this concerns us."

Stepping forward, now unpleasantly close to the Prelan, the voice continued: "We have men to deal with the skaa. They shall be reminded of their place, worry not about that."

Placing an unyielding, firm hand on the shoulder of the Prelan, he finished: "You have your own misdeeds to concern you." 

A body fell, and the Inquisitor turned, and left the room.

Welcome to QF45: To Set an Example!

STINK shall be my esteemed co-GM.

This is an almost entirely vanilla game. There are two factions; the Skaa Thieving Crew, and the Obligators sent to infiltrate their ranks, and put the terror of the Lord Ruler into the hearts of those who might oppose him. The Obligators have a doc within which to plot, and a kill every cycle.

Cycles will last 24 hours, with rollover at midnight BST (UTC+1). PMs will be open, but must include myself. Group PMs are disallowed.

There will be no roles beyond your alignment.

The major chance from normal games is that voting each cycle is compulsory. STINK's compassion is greater than mine, and I have been required to grant each player two "grace" cycles throughout the game, to account for issues that may spring up in your personal lives. If you fail to vote for three cycles during the game, you will die.

Tied lynches shall be decided randomly between the players with the most votes.

The game will begin in just over 7 days, at 00:01 BST on Sunday the 21st June.

Quicklinks

Edited by Elandera

Player list:

1. Gears

2. Matrim's Dice - Rieldi

3. Ashbringer

4. Straw

5. Vapor

6. Shard of Reading - Reading

7. Mist - Lumen

8. Lord_Silberfarben

9. TJ Shade - Box

10. The_Truthwatcher

11. Eternum

12. MysticLotus - Feather

13. TheYoungPyromancer

14. Experience - Drahs Xperience

15. Frozen Mint

16. Ventyl - Aaiden Etteax

17. Fifth Scholar - Al Funcoot

18. Devotary of Spontaneity - Caliex

19. Xinoehp512 - Pelran

20. StrikerEZ - Varen Darland

21. Lahilt - Vilt Fayn Dangera

22. Sparkrunner - Roadwalker

In.

I was waiting for this! With my double-untimely demises yesterday this will be good.

I believe it will fit in the next two weeks I have completely open, if/when it goes longer than that, my summer vacation to visit family would get in the way slightly, but I'd make room. I'd miss July 3rd, but otherwise active.