Underrated moments!

We've talked about the best and worst moments of this here Cosmere, but where are the little gems? The polestones in the rough? 

For instance, in Oathbringer there's Guff, "The Guy Who Can't Cuss":

[to Moash] "But you wouldn’t be the first to go off to those Plains and come back not all right. No you wouldn’t. That’s the Stormfather’s storming own truth, that storming is."

Or, in Mistborn, there's all of Tindwyl's lessons on rulership; they form a beautiful thesis on leadership and kings that is seldom discussed here!

So, what other little things has Brandon written that people should discuss more?

Edited by A Radiant In Shiny Armor

Reen's sacrifice, Vin chose to overlook it because to her, it didn't override the fact that he was horrible to her while raising her. But he was just a scared kid, doing what he could to keep them both alive, teaching her to be just like what, to him, worked in the harsh world, to teach her not to look for him if he got caught, fully prepared to get caught, knowing he'll be tortured. He gave up his life for her way before dying, or getting captured. And even if he was horrible to her out of bitterness, he did still love her and carried through torture by the Inquisitors not revealing her continued existence.

I've always liked the scene in Mistborn: The Hero of Ages when we first hear directly from any kandra of the First Generation.

After the fall of TLR, after all of TenSoon's frantic warnings and descriptions of what was going on above ground, including stories of what Vin experienced at the Well of Ascension - what actually moves them to action is Sazed's simple, logical observation:

"...I have a tome here filled with Ruin's lies. You have a mind filled with the original truths. Apart, we know very little. However, if we were to compare - discovering precisely which items Ruin changed - would it not tell us exactly what his plan is? At the very least, it would tell us what he didn't want us to focus on, I think."

The room fell silent.

"Well," KanPaar finall said, "I --"

"That will be enough, KanPaar," a voice said.

BRILLIANT! And he didn't even have to tap zinc to do it!

I can just picture what it might be like to have lived a thousand years - even if you admitted that yes, TenSoon could be right in saying that Ruin was released and the end times could be upon us, well it still doesn't really feel like it matters, none of this really matters because nothing really matters at all - it's all been seen before, talked about before, done before, existence down here in the kandra caverns of the Homeland is eternal boredom, and --

Wait wait wait a minute there. What did that Worldbringer just say?

Edited by robardin