Khriss and her essay on Nalthis

TheOneKEA

And since he didn't have a short story set on Nalthis, we didn't get an essay or a system chart (till later)

No, there haven't been any updates on a Nalthis essay since then, afaik. The most we have is this:

luckat

What is something that you would have put in the Nalthian essay if you had one in there?

Brandon Sanderson

I probably would have talked about how close some of these scholars are on Nalthis to understanding all of this. They're probably the closest to understanding the nature of the cosmere of anyone outside of the people who are actually worldhoppers. I probably also would have given some hints where the pool is.

Arcanum Unbounded release party (Nov. 22, 2016)

Brandon did say this on Reddit:

mistborn Author 31 points 21 hours ago 

Dang. I'd totally forgotten. I'll have my assistant put it on my list of things to do, and make sure to write one out in the next few weeks. Maybe we'll stick it in the newsletter.

but we haven't heard on that since. But then again, Brandon said we'd get the Nalthian star chart eventually and we did, out of nowhere, get it from Isaac on his Instagram, so here's hopin'.

Edited by Honorless

I believe Brandon left her Nalthis essay out of Arcanum Unbounded because it ended up being mostly a bunch of restaurant reviews. Half of it was a comparison of places to get spicy Tektees fried rice before reluctantly concluding that the place Vasher chose to meet with his blackmailed priest in Chapter 5 of Warbreaker was indeed the best, and speculating that the Life Sense of a Returned (as she knew him to be one of the Five Scholars) extended to detecting flavors without first having to eat.

On 6/20/2020 at 8:37 AM, robardin said:

I believe Brandon left her Nalthis essay out of Arcanum Unbounded because it ended up being mostly a bunch of restaurant reviews. Half of it was a comparison of places to get spicy Tektees fried rice before reluctantly concluding that the place Vasher chose to meet with his blackmailed priest in Chapter 5 of Warbreaker was indeed the best, and speculating that the Life Sense of a Returned (as she knew him to be one of the Five Scholars) extended to detecting flavors without first having to eat.

Seriously? That sounds hilarious!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have always wanted a short story set on Nalthis outside of Hallodren. Specifically set wherever people consider returned to be vampire esk. Headcannon that where ever that country is returning turns ya into a godly being still, but with like pale skin and fangs due to the local people’s perception.