Feruchemical Compounding

GoWibble

48 minutes ago, GoWibble said:

If they are staying awake all the time, you are going to use a large amount of the bronze that you get for staying awake, so you could likely use all of it for that. You don't have to, and you could seek, I guess.

I think a-bronze is useful enough, and bronze is available enough, that you'd probably use it.  unlike gold which is pretty useless allomantically (so far at least), or something like bendalloy which is harder to come by, or aluminum which manages to be both.

43 minutes ago, Dunkum said:

I think a-bronze is useful enough, and bronze is available enough, that you'd probably use it.  unlike gold which is pretty useless allomantically (so far at least), or something like bendalloy which is harder to come by, or aluminum which manages to be both.

Yeah. I guess my point is that if you over-Compounded, and stored all of the extra wakefulness, you wouldn't have bronze to Seek with. I rationalized that that shouldn't be enough to become a savant, but if you are saving metal for a-bronze, then you could become a savant. 

I believe there's a WoB that constantly tapping Bronze would leave you feeling like you've just woken up from a really refreshing sleep 100% of the time in terms of how you feel while awake. So Compounding would let you stay like that forever, which, personally, I would really enjoy.