Compliments

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Ah! A compliment!

Oh wait, that's a good thing.

@Spren of Kindness you have the single best personality ever. I don't think there's ever been a kinder spren in the history of Roshar.

@DramaQueen you're me from another universe which is a compliment in on itself super fun to post with, super quirky and--what's the word... oh yeah--awesome.

That is actually an incredible compliment because you are incredible You have great taste in books. And, did I mention that you are an AMAZING author? Seriously, when you get published, can I have a free autographed copy?

3 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

@The_Truthwatcher Thanks for the Jily fanfics!! (And for pushing me to go to sleep when I really didn't want to...)

You are welcome! This is a great thread, kudos to Spren of Kindness

@DramaQueen you are an absolutely awesome person, and I really admire many things about you (Including your characters)

@Channelknight Fadran your High Imperial thread was one of the first one I saw on the shard, and you seemed understandably intimidating, but now that I know you use are really great! (You also are crazy good at writing)

@Spren of Kindness You are a very kind person, and I am sure you would give the best hugs (Also, you were the first person I knew who actually cared about Hoid) *insert no one asks how Hoid is meme*

@AonEne You are a great person, and not at all intimidating after actually talking to you

@PrinceGenocide, you make awesome memes, and you are a great friend.

This has started to feel like an award speech, so I will cut it of here, but honestly everyone on the Shard is awesome, and I am really glad to be here

On 6/15/2020 at 1:46 PM, Lunamor said:

Ene has a list of random funny quotes that Sharders have said in her About Me Page on her profile, it's awesome.

Oh that's what they are.  Also I'm sorry , I too Thought u were a guy. I love ur cosplays tho

On 6/15/2020 at 3:02 PM, The Awakened Salad said:

my compliments are all so weirdly specific but here we go anyways

ENE YOU ARE THE HUMAN EQUIVALENT OF A GOLDEN RETRIEVER AND A FLUFFY TEDDY BEAR BECAUSE YOU’RE SO WARM AND FRIENDLY AND ALWAYS THERE FOR PEOPLE. (I’m sorry for yelling but caps lock is fun)

Seconded

@DramaQueen thank you , both for complimenting me and for bringing me here. U r a really fun person too. I wish I knew u and ene  and really everyone else irl. 

@AonEne u r an extremely kind person. And it's nice to see everyone knows that. 

@Honorless I love u man. U r my best friend on the shard. Ur recommendations are great too

@The Traveller I love u too mam. U r my second best friend on the shard. And kinda like my mommy. :P

@Karger I like u too man. U r always so interactive in posts. 

@Emi um Idk u much yet. But thanks for following me and ur profile pic looks great too. 

@FictionSpren that's still the coolest nane I have heard 

@StealthPrincess I wuv u too. Cool name too.

@Adonalsium'sSpren yep that's the second coolest name. And I wuv u. 

@The_Truthwatcher thanks man. I love my memes too. And thanks for ur advice on coding. U r really a fun person. I see u have made lots of friends. Good for u. 

Ok so I would also like to compliment everyother person I have and have not interacted with here.

Seriously u guys are awesome. U helped me through some real bad times. And kept up with my eccentricities. 

Thank u

Edited by PrinceGenocide
A little polishing

2 minutes ago, PrinceGenocide said:

Oh that's what they are.  Also I'm sorry , I too Thought u were a guy. I love ur cosplays tho

It’s fine, the fact that I have a dude’s name and profile picture doesn’t give very helpful clues about my gender :P And thanks!

@DramaQueen I really love being active on the shard when you are around! You’re just amazing and funny person. Idk what else to say. 
@PrinceGenocide I like your memes (I understand most of them, which is hard for me). 
@Channelknight Fadran I second your creativity and I’m really thankful for making “I’m bored; let’s mess around!”

AAAHHH!!! PEOPLE ARE SUMMONING ME!!!!

Oh wait, it's the compliment thread! Oooh, people think I have value? How kind of them.

Speaking of kindness... @Spren of Kindness, can I compliment you on creating this thread in the first place? What an excellent idea!

@The_Truthwatcher of all the things people have called me, intimidating has never been one of them. That's not a compliment, though (or is it? I'm never sure of these things), so how about I just go with you are super nice and I am happy you exist.

@Emi, you're really mature for... what is it, thirteen? I heard that number associated with your age at some point, though I can't recall where.

@DramaQueen, you've been an awesome Shardbuddy even though you keep on making me lose the goshdarn game.

21 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

@Emi, you're really mature for... what is it, thirteen? I heard that number associated with your age at some point, though I can't recall where.

Yes, thirteen. I hope I’m not too mature, being an adult scares me. :ph34r:

Edited by Emi

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

You're mature enough to be impressive but not mature enough to be considered an adult. You're in the perfect gray area!

Wohoo! (I was scared, that I need to try to post in a more childish way) :lol:

@DramaQueen You were my first friend on Shard... I loved our conversations. You made me feel welcomed and right at home... Thank you, Queen.

@Adran Oathbreaker @Lieweaver You too, it was a blast talking with you guys. 

@Mist @Rosharan A.C.  it was nice meeting you both...

I just think this whole fansite and its members... it is such a beautiful thing, you are all beautiful. If I ever doubt there is less hope in this world, I'd remember you all...

I will try to keep up with you all, as often as I can... Love you and see ya...

I just wanted to say: When I created an account I thought that it will be fun to learn more about Cosmere. I also wanted to share my art, I thought that some of you might like it. Than another advantage came to my mind; LANGUAGE. I thought that writing all those posts in English will improve my grammar and vocabulary. So I logged in and considered: should I introduce myself or not?

Finally I decided to do it and here I need to thank @Honorless. He was very kind so I thought I will try to write something. Unfortunately I freaked out, but I started to follow some kindfull people.

When I followed @AonEne, she wrote to me: “Why your following is anonymous?” So we started to talk and I soon decided to actually write something. And here it started. 

From now on I wasn’t really scared. But I’ve met so many new people! I can freely say that doing an account here was one of my best decisions, I’ve ever made!!! The biggest thanks I need to give to: @AonEne, @Honorless, @The Awakened Salad, @TheGirlWhoLookedUp and @DramaQueen  :)

I've been here for what, 10 months now? That's already long enough that I'd create a deluge if I tried to create a list of thank yous here. I'd like to think I've let everyone know I'm thankful to them for their kindnesses & been mindful of expressing my gratitude right then, but there are some highlights, some I didn't get a chance to thank and some whose names only popped up in retrospect

@PrinceGenocide, right backatcha! I'm not putting a whole sentence here, my speechcraft feels rusty all of a sudden and I think we've already jabbered bucketloads to each other

@AonEne, the font of ready helpfulness, to me & so many others here, thank you!

@The Traveller, you've been a grounding influence

@The Awakened Salad, aw come back already

@Bliev, I thanked you once but I don't think I really told you how close I came to losing it on that thread, I'm still surprised that words on a screen from someone I've never met could feel like that when I'd thought I'd already grown a tough skin against people who were far worse. Thank you for speaking when you did, when so many others went yikes & turned tail.

You, @Koloss17, @Nuatoma, @Renarin Kholin, @The Dude That Wore White, @twenty second of the sun

It's... instinctive to shy away from instances where things seem to blow up or treat it all as a free circus show when it's all happening online instead of coming forward to lend a hand, so thank you

@Karger, I swear there was like a phantom sensation of people chewing popcorn whenever we clashed. Keep theorizing!

@NattyBo, faith in humanity restored...

@Wander89 & @Aragorn who welcomed me and many others to this site

@Calderis, where have you been? Theorizing is so much more fun when you're facing the... uhm... boss monster

To all those who thanked me, thank you too, you made my day! 

Edited by Honorless

14 hours ago, Honorless said:

@Calderis, where have you been? Theorizing is so much more fun when you facing the... uhm... boss monster

YOU DARE SUMMON ME!?!?!

J/k and lmao. Had some real life stuff, but I just got back on Discord in Monday. I'll be around more to be contrarian soon I promise. 

Spending some time away from here just slams home how much I love this place and am thankful for everyone. Here. I've missed you all. 

@Honorless, I always recognize you as the shard busybody. You are always online and I swear you are on every post. I don’t know how you do it! No wonder you have so much reputation in nine months! And many thanks for the mention. I didn’t know if I made much of a difference here on the shard. 

I also really like this thread, mainly because people don’t get enough compliments. I mean, guys get none. compliments Are going to stick with us that way. Even the smallest counts. It’s also good to recognize people’s accomplishments, especially in an online setting. 

@Honorless 

I'm still surprised that words on a screen from someone I've never met could feel like that when I'd thought I'd already grown a tough skin against people who were far worse

*hugs*

I think of all people, we who are so touched by the words of a man most of us have never met can understand the true power of words, particularly when they come from a community that otherwise brings us such joy. Glad you're here.