Pseudo Returned; Potential Ressurection Via Breath

Halyo_Alex

Aaaallllll righty, bear with me for a second while I spin this little theory out into words on the screen.

The gist of it is that I recalled that Cognitive Shadows can bond to Spiritwebs, like a Spren. Then it occurred to me that Awakening (if i'm not mistaken) creates a "Fake" or artificial Spiritweb, right?

So... If someone dies, and there's someone with enough Breath around, could they use the right Command on the corpse to make it suitably controllable by the Cognitive Shadow of the original inhabitant? Like a Nalthian version of a [Stormlight spoiler]

Spoiler

Fused, but inside the original body.

Basically, can you Awaken someone's recently deceased body to become a useable vessel for their cognitive shadow such that they are effectively resurrected?

Mentions stormlight archive

Spoiler

Questioner

So the lighteyes that get Soulcast into stone, can they be Awakened?

Brandon Sanderson

*pause* So… Yes, but their soul is gone. When they get Soulcast into stone it is only the corpse, so yes they could.

Questioner

Would it be a lifeless or a-- Would it be like Awakening something inorganic or would them once being alive help?

Brandon Sanderson

The fact that they were once alive will help. There's a Spiritual Connection that still exists on the Spiritual Realm and that is going to help. But you're not going to get the person back. The fact that it is the exact form of a person is going to be really helpful. It would be a lot easier to Awaken that than it would be to Awaken other stone.

Shadows of Self release party (Oct. 5, 2015)

1 hour ago, Halyo_Alex said:

So... If someone dies, and there's someone with enough Breath around, could they use the right Command on the corpse to make it suitably controllable by the Cognitive Shadow of the original inhabitant? Like a Nalthian version of a [Stormlight spoiler]

Most people don't become cognitive shadows.  You could try and make a fake one like in the emperor's soul(that is basically what they are) but unless they are already not dead(by becoming a shadow) it won't really work.

4 hours ago, Karger said:

Most people don't become cognitive shadows.  You could try and make a fake one like in the emperor's soul(that is basically what they are) but unless they are already not dead(by becoming a shadow) it won't really work.

Right, but if I'm not mistaken, Invested souls take longer to pass to the Beyond, right? So with enough Breaths, would they persist long enough to ... Latch back onto their newly Awakened body, if it had the right command?

5 minutes ago, Halyo_Alex said:

So with enough Breaths, would they persist long enough to ... Latch back onto their newly Awakened body, if it had the right command?

Maybe?   SA spoilers

Spoiler

That is basically what Nale did to Szeth

I don't know what the right command is but you are going in the right direction.