It has come to my attention that there's no She-Ra thread? I am here to immediately rectify that.

She-Ra is one of the best shows I have seen in years. Its a reboot of the 80's cartoon, and it improves literally everything so drastically that watching the old cartoon even in clips is laughable. Where do I even start. It's in the trope of magic girl anime, I suppose? Its about a girl named Adora, who grew up on the wrong side of the war, who finds a magic sword that transforms her into a 7 foot tall warrior lady, and joins the Rebellion and fights for good! But its so much more than that. 

Its about figuring out who you are. Its about choice and destiny. Its about friendship, and adventure, and what to do when you make mistakes, and its so gosh darned wholesome.

The visuals are gorgeous. The colour palette is so soothing to look at. The story is phenomenal. The characters are each unique and individual, not just with different goals, aims, and personalities, but different skin tones and body shapes too which is SO RARE for female characters. The male 'lead' Bow is kindhearted and smart and thoughtful, and he has two dads who are so dad-like and wholesome, and...........rust I could go on about this forever so I'll wrap it up - 

Its technically a kids show but that doesnt mean its bad. Its so good, in literally every way, animation, design, values, character, representation, story, its gorgeous and heartbreaking and healing and the best thing ever and we need to talk about it.

Just finished binging this for the first time because I refuse to watch Avatar: The Last Airbender, and it's easily one of the best cartoon serials out there! 

The pacing is great (I think I was bored only once somewhere in season 3), the characters are generally used the right amount with none overstaying their welcome and Mermista is the best princess! 

Ack, I wasnt notified of replies!

On 6/11/2020 at 8:51 PM, Emi said:

Yep, and now, when this serial ended... I almost want to find out that I’m LGBT, so I can more personalize with those characters!!! (Especially Catra) :P

And for those who didn’t watched it, first and second seasons are a little bit more boring than other 3, so watch it to the end, because the last one is just AMAZING!!!

Is this the gay agenda? :P

I just found one season weirdly paced, it was 2 or 3 and it just....stopped at some point. The one that ends with family.

On 6/11/2020 at 10:12 PM, datalaughing said:

Terrific show. Just finished it with my family the other day. I'm wondering if they'll try to parlay the end of this show and

Reveal hidden contents

the return of magic to the universe

into the beginning of the He-Man show that Kevin Smith is doing for Netflix.

I was just watching Noelle and Mollys Twitch stream, Noelle said they tried to keep the mythology as separate as possible.

On 6/12/2020 at 5:17 AM, Orlion the Platypus said:

Just finished binging this for the first time because I refuse to watch Avatar: The Last Airbender, and it's easily one of the best cartoon serials out there! 

The pacing is great (I think I was bored only once somewhere in season 3), the characters are generally used the right amount with none overstaying their welcome and Mermista is the best princess! 

Is Avatar related? Can i ask why you wont watch it?

.......Scorpia is best princess though :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Delightful said:

Is Avatar related? Can i ask why you wont watch it?

.......Scorpia is best princess though :ph34r:

Avatar is only related in that my refusal to watch it contributed to me watching She-Ra. And I won't watch it because I don't wanna :P

Scorpia grew on me, she's a solid choice for mistaking for best princess ;)

I hope Kevin Smith continues to keep the mythologies separate. His track record is such that I don't think his He-man series is going to be any good. He's free to prove me wrong, but do so without potentially tainting She-ra by association!

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I found this thread!!! Just finished the series a couple days ago, and the part where

Spoiler

They're in Horde Primes spaceship and Adora transforms had me SCREAMING!!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh, 3rd fave show ever. 1st is Avatar, 2nd is Miraculous Ladybug.