I'm baaaaack!

Delightful

5 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

But there's all these people you DO know, too! And people you can get to know and then have new friends!

Yep; that was right around the time a hurricane hit Ireland. He did pop back out and let us know he was okay.

@Quiver Hey there! We still like you! It's okay to come out!

@Kobold King We have had a Discord for several years now. There's literally a sideboard of it on the main forum page. :P

Oh god yeah, the hurricane. I forgot about that detail. 

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

Delightful, welcome back!

And oo, Kobold King, maybe we can make it more obvious. It is also in the menu of extra options to the right of the search box. It can be difficult because I want several things in the top bar and I'm not totally sold on this. The overflow menu is where things die.

Hey Chaos! Whenever I read a new Sanderson book I see your name in the acknowledgements and go "Hey, thats Chaos!". :)

4 hours ago, Kobold King said:

It's actually pretty dumbfoundingly obvious now that it's pointed out to me. I think my eyes just slid right past it because my brain is still stuck in 2014.

If it makes you feel any better a few days ago I walked down the hall towards @Pinnacle-Ferring (BTW she's my wife now, its been A Time), and didn't see her at all even though she was right in front of me the whole time.
IIRC the Discord started because people kept spamming the old chat with nonsense? I may have been guilty? There were also all those spam bots posting in there.

And hey, you were the first anarchist I ever met who talked about how anarchism isnt just total madness and chaos. I......know a lot more anarchists now. :lol:

4 hours ago, Slowswift said:

Oh hey a lot has changed huh

Welcome back! Glad to have you again; I'd wondered where you'd gone. :P 

(And Kobold, I think the Discord would benefit greatly from your loonlike laughing. Join usssss. Oh wait! You already have. Yay!)

On a journey of growth and self discovery! That sounds much more dramatic than 'adult life is kinda [redacted] and very weird' doesn't it?

3 hours ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

Hi, welcome back! I do remember seeing your tremendous post count and bright pink octopus around, in the month I've been on the Shard.

I completely agree... multiple times I have wished it was an ordinary texting emoji both in normal phone messaging and on the platform my school uses for homework.

Same! Windrunner 75% Edgedancer 74%

Funnily enough the octopus was just from whichever last Ookla season I was around for. Before that my profile pic was a rotating cast of Strong Female Characters Who I Definitely Did Not Have Crushes On Because I Was Straight. :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

I haven't seen you here for a while :D I see that a lot has changed... Your situation was... let's say a bit different when you left :ph34r:

So, as a welcome back gift, I fixed your signature - the cute pets are back again ;) Which also made me fix my signature... Time for new members to witness it! :P

23 hours ago, Mestiv said:

giphy.gif

I haven't seen you here for a while :D I see that a lot has changed... Your situation was... let's say a bit different when you left :ph34r:

So, as a welcome back gift, I fixed your signature - the cute pets are back again ;) Which also made me fix my signature... Time for new members to witness it! :P

Ahhhh thank you! I noticed it was broken but I wasn't gonna ask.  

And uh, yeah, turns out you learn a lot about yourself when you're away from your controlling parents trying to dictate every aspect of your life! So uh, yeah. XD 

11 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Well hi there! I'm sill around, sort of. I don't post much, but I pop in every now and then. 

Hello! How are you doing? How's Bruce? How's life?

6 hours ago, Delightful said:

And uh, yeah, turns out you learn a lot about yourself when you're away from your controlling parents trying to dictate every aspect of your life! So uh, yeah. XD

No storming kidding. :P 

6 hours ago, Delightful said:

Hello! How are you doing? How's Bruce? How's life?

Both are pretty good right now, can't complain. I've been working from home since the whole COVID thing started, which has actually been pretty nice. Bruce is also a big fan. How about you? How are things?

On 13/06/2020 at 0:26 AM, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

No storming kidding. :P 

Both are pretty good right now, can't complain. I've been working from home since the whole COVID thing started, which has actually been pretty nice. Bruce is also a big fan. How about you? How are things?

I'll PM you :)