I'm baaaaack!

Delightful

Heya, 

Found myself here on a nostalgia trip, and looking for some things I posted many yonder years ago. I'm thinking I'll stick around for a bit, I forgot how friendly this place is. So, who remembers me? Who are the hot young stars of the Shard these days? What are the cool threads everyone's buzzing about? 

(If I sound odd I blame reading through some old lolrandom threads just now). 

Some things that have changed since I was here last, I realised I am The Big Gay, non-binary, they/them pronouns please. Living in Australia again. I have a cat who is an extremely fluffy boy right now because its just getting cold. I may take a spiked cookie, depends what its spiked with ;). Oh and literally everywhere I go I miss the :ph34r: emoticon. Nothing is quite like it. Nothing conveys quite the same shifty ninja emotion. 

Edit: I just took the new Radiant quiz, I got Windrunner. Is that like being a Gryffindor? Y'know from the book series that has no author. Windrunner followed by Edgedancer. Im pretty cool with that, actually.

Edited by Delightful

1 minute ago, Mist said:

Welcome back! 

I've seen some of your posts around.

I relate. Recently I looked for a ninja, and I couldn't find one. 

Thats because theyre ninja's though. :ph34r: Do you know what the shorthand is for it, I dont remember. ;sneak; ?

Did you used to be Mistrunner?

3 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

Welcome back to shard stuffed octopus! :ph34r:

I remember you from when I was a lurker and was reading the sanderfan thread.

*Waggles a stuffed tentacle in your general direction*

Heya! Oooh that was a long time ago.  Nice to meet you!

10 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Thats because theyre ninja's though. :ph34r: Do you know what the shorthand is for it, I dont remember. ;sneak; ?

Did you used to be Mistrunner?

No, I'm relatively new. I just like reading old stuff. 

18 minutes ago, Mist said:

No, I'm relatively new. I just like reading old stuff. 

Ok! Hi then! :)

15 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Welcome back! I joined about a month after you left, but saw a ton of your old posts. You’ve always been one of the “Ancient Greats” in my head :lol:

That makes me sound like an eldritch horror. I dont mind. :P
Also you should know you share a name with my wife's sourdough starter. :lol:

47 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Who are the hot young stars of the Shard these days?

Insert catchy one liner that toots own horn.  Also high five fellow Shadowcat fan!

47 minutes ago, Delightful said:

What are the cool threads everyone's buzzing about? 

I collect cool cosmere theories on this thread.

14 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Hmm who do I remember. @Kobold King @TwiLyghtSansSparkles @Kaymyth @Quiver @Mestiv, any of you still around?

I know that the first 2 still come around on the shard but they don't post much. I think that quiver still posts but I can't remember/I might be looking at a old thread.

Edited by Shard of Reading

10 minutes ago, Karger said:

Insert catchy one liner that toots own horn.  Also high five fellow Shadowcat fan!

I collect cool cosmere theories on this thread.

Hi! I'll have a look!

Tbh I dont know that much about her, just that she's one of few canonically Jewish characters who's Jewishness isn't just one throwaway line once. There's not a whole lot of good Jewish rep out there. I'll meet that crisp high-five though!

Edited by Delightful

10 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Tbh I dont know that much about her, just that she's one of few canonically Jewish characters who's Jewishness isn't just one throwaway line once. There's not a whole lot of good Jewish rep out there. I'll meet that crisp high-five though!

I know a few more Wiccan(terrible name for such a great character) is also Jewish, as are Legion, Iceman, and Polaris but I do agree the lack of representation is anoying.

1 hour ago, Delightful said:

Heya, 

Found myself here on a nostalgia trip, and looking for some things I posted many yonder years ago. I'm thinking I'll stick around for a bit, I forgot how friendly this place is. So, who remembers me? Who are the hot young stars of the Shard these days? What are the cool threads everyone's buzzing about? 

(If I sound odd I blame reading through some old lolrandom threads just now). 

Some things that have changed since I was here last, I realised I am The Big Gay, non-binary, they/them pronouns please. Living in Australia again. I have a cat who is an extremely fluffy boy right now because its just getting cold. I may take a spiked cookie, depends what its spiked with ;). Oh and literally everywhere I go I miss the :ph34r: emoticon. Nothing is quite like it. Nothing conveys quite the same shifty ninja emotion. 

Edit: I just took the new Radiant quiz, I got Windrunner. Is that like being a Gryffindor? Y'know from the book series that has no author. Windrunner followed by Edgedancer. Im pretty cool with that, actually.

Welcome back long time no see!! The last post wins is the place to be! Windrunner is approx Gryffindor which is why its what I too received!

Of course I'm still around. :) I've been a lot more active on the Discord over the last couple of years, but I've started to try to boost my presence a bit more on the forums again.

Kobold King still drops periodic status posts; Twi, too, though more rarely.

Quiver probably forgot to log in for months.

Mestiv is around on the Discord and does a lot of code-stuff behind the scenes for the Shard.

1 hour ago, Kaymyth said:

Of course I'm still around. :) I've been a lot more active on the Discord over the last couple of years, but I've started to try to boost my presence a bit more on the forums again.

Kobold King still drops periodic status posts; Twi, too, though more rarely.

Quiver probably forgot to log in for months.

Mestiv is around on the Discord and does a lot of code-stuff behind the scenes for the Shard.

Hello! 
Discord intimidates me tbh, when theres all these people I dont know. 

Remember the first time Quiver just disappeared for months and we were scared something had happened? Hope he's doing ok.

Hello Delightful! It's been a while!

I'm still around. I don't post very often, but I still check a couple of times a day just to see if anyone's paged me or shot me a message. Usually no one has. But every now and then, I go through that double take of realizing today is the day...

Also. We have a Discord? Have we always had a Discord? Is a Discord always a form of communication that the Shard has embraced and reveled in? I'm on Discord just about every day.

3 hours ago, Delightful said:

Hello! 
Discord intimidates me tbh, when theres all these people I dont know. 

Remember the first time Quiver just disappeared for months and we were scared something had happened? Hope he's doing ok.

But there's all these people you DO know, too! And people you can get to know and then have new friends!

Yep; that was right around the time a hurricane hit Ireland. He did pop back out and let us know he was okay.

@Quiver Hey there! We still like you! It's okay to come out!

@Kobold King We have had a Discord for several years now. There's literally a sideboard of it on the main forum page. :P

Delightful, welcome back!

And oo, Kobold King, maybe we can make it more obvious. It is also in the menu of extra options to the right of the search box. It can be difficult because I want several things in the top bar and I'm not totally sold on this. The overflow menu is where things die.

6 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Delightful, welcome back!

And oo, Kobold King, maybe we can make it more obvious. It is also in the menu of extra options to the right of the search box. It can be difficult because I want several things in the top bar and I'm not totally sold on this. The overflow menu is where things die.

It's actually pretty dumbfoundingly obvious now that it's pointed out to me. I think my eyes just slid right past it because my brain is still stuck in 2014.

Oh hey a lot has changed huh

Welcome back! Glad to have you again; I'd wondered where you'd gone. :P 

(And Kobold, I think the Discord would benefit greatly from your loonlike laughing. Join usssss. Oh wait! You already have. Yay!)

Edited by Slowswift

Hi, welcome back! I do remember seeing your tremendous post count and bright pink octopus around, in the month I've been on the Shard.

7 hours ago, Delightful said:

Oh and literally everywhere I go I miss the :ph34r: emoticon. Nothing is quite like it. Nothing conveys quite the same shifty ninja emotion. 

I completely agree... multiple times I have wished it was an ordinary texting emoji both in normal phone messaging and on the platform my school uses for homework.

Same! Windrunner 75% Edgedancer 74%