Brandon's Blurb on Bondsmiths (BBB)

14 hours ago, Slowfast said:

This gives me hope the ardent that Dalinar sparred with might become a bondsmith squire!

I'd like to see him become an Edgedancer. Their blurb mentions that religious leaders often joined their order. And Kadash specifically refers to the common people that the ardents serve even when they disagree with the highlord.

17 hours ago, Karger said:

I am most interested in that Bondsmiths can have squires.  This makes me wonder which order does not have them.

I was pretty sure (Before this answer) That bondsmiths could not have squires. Now I think that all the orders can have them. But they would not necessarily be obliged to take them on.

13 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

I was pretty sure (Before this answer) That bondsmiths could not have squires. Now I think that all the orders can have them. But they would not necessarily be obliged to take them on.

Argent

There is a person on the forums who noticed that Shallan has this awesome Memory thing going on, Jasnah seems to have a really powerful, kind of, geolocation thing going on, Kaladin is a really good fighter - are those just their traits, or is there something supernatural going on?

Brandon Sanderson

There is something supernatural going on. Each Order... Well, how about this. If you look at the scholar interpretations, there are some scholars who think that these things are not supernatural, in the past, and some who said they definitely are. But many, if you look, many Lightweavers had powerful mnemonic abilities.

Argent

So it's definitely tied to the Orders?

Brandon Sanderson

It's tied to the Orders. Now, I am not going to say that you've got them all 100% correct, but each Order, there are things that come with Order, things that do not add up from simple the "you get this power plus this power," there is something else going on. And I would say that for Windrunners, watch the number of squires and the power of the squires... is abnormal for the Windrunners.

Argent

And each Order's squires are somehow different from the other Orders'?

Brandon Sanderson

Yeeeaaaah... some Orders don't have them, [that] is the difference.

Argent

But some have more?

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah.

Words of Radiance Chicago signing (March 22, 2014)

We has a taste of dalinars joint surge when he repaired the temple, this was with stone (inanimate). What if the bondsmith, for cultivations god spren, same surge is bonding living things, perhaps like horses and spren to create roshadium.

The sibling maybe a mix of living and inanimate things. Bonding spren and stone for the oathgates and urithiru.

Edited by Cammac
Typo

5 hours ago, Cammac said:

We has a taste of dalinars joint surge when he repaired the temple, this was with stone (inanimate). What if the bondsmith, for cultivations god spren, same surge is bonding living things, perhaps like horses and spren to create roshadium.

The sibling maybe a mix of living and inanimate things. Bonding spren and stone for the oathgates and urithiru.

Might be more souly, like stormfathers bondsmith can put together the souls of material, nightwatcher bondsmith the souls of living things, and the sibling can fuse souls to material. 

Like SFBS can reknitt stone as dalinar does in with the temple. 

While a NWBS might fuse together animals? Wich could explain some of the really strange creatures on roshar. 

Then TSBS would be able to fuse some thing from the cognitive realm to the materialistic realm. That would be as quoted, urithiru and oathgates, but also posibly thuderclasp. 

(my first time,so I might be entirely of) 

23 minutes ago, Archwyrm said:

Might be more souly, like stormfathers bondsmith can put together the souls of material, nightwatcher bondsmith the souls of living things, and the sibling can fuse souls to material. 

Like SFBS can reknitt stone as dalinar does in with the temple. 

While a NWBS might fuse together animals? Wich could explain some of the really strange creatures on roshar. 

Then TSBS would be able to fuse some thing from the cognitive realm to the materialistic realm. That would be as quoted, urithiru and oathgates, but also posibly thuderclasp. 

(my first time,so I might be entirely of) 

Welcome! 

I like the Idea of Nighsmiths healing the souls of living things. Things like Shardblade injuries. Although it might not stop there. With that power, they could heal the heart (Something that the Radiants desperately need) A Nightsmith could help open Kaladins eyes to the fact that he's not alone, and that its okay to not save everyone. Or they could help Shallan accept her past and work toward the future. Maybe even heal Taln and the other Heralds who aren't completely sane. Like a therapist that reaches farther then words, but to the soul itself. 

7 hours ago, Archwyrm said:

The strange creatures an roshar are created for their environment.

8 hours ago, Karger said:

The strange creatures an roshar are created for their environment.

Agreed. The strangest for me is the ryshadium who dont fit the environment or fully fit with the animals of Shinovar. If they could be, the alethi would have bred them I'd suspect. That's leads me to think that they dont age, more spren than horse, converting food to stormlight like lift does.

I also think that the 3 bondsmiths will act as lieutenants in charge of 3 orders each. 

Stormfather/honor/forces: commanding windrunners, sky breakers and dust bringers.

Their qualities are all related to being honorable(leading, protecting, just, confident, brave, obedient). The essences are all natural forces; zephyr(wind), vapour(water cycle), spark(lightening).

(On a side note, could dust bringers create lightening using air friction?)

Nightwatcher?/cultivation/living nature: commanding edgedancers, truthwatchers, lightweavers.

Their qualities are related to growth (loving, healing, learning, giving, creating, honest). The essences are living nature except lucentia I think, unless you take it as the sun light for growth, the other two are pulp and blood.

The Sibling?/both shards/non living nature: elsecallers, willshapers, stoneware.

Their qualities are related to stoicism (wise, careful, resolute, builder, dependable, resorceful). The essences are non living nature. Tallow(oil), foil(metal), talus(stone or bone).

I think that each joint surge or bonding speciality could be shared as the main surges are. So we have for honor, non living nature and natural forces. Cultivation has natural forces and living nature. The sibling is living and non living nature.

Excuse my terrible grammar, I am but a lowly electrician.