Taravangian Murders

SanderFan69

Now that Taravangian has revealed to Dalinar that he was the one controlling Szeth, how does he expect to remain king of Jah Kaved?

He is responsible for the death of their king as well as several high princes. I would expect him to have trouble keeping control of it once the truth behind Szeth's murders gets out.

Also how does he expect to remain part of the coalition?

In addition to ordering the deaths of the king and several highprinces in Jah Kaved, he is also responsible for the death's of 2 of Azir's Primes and he attempted to have Dalinar killed.

^^Exactly^^ Dalinar doesn't have anyone else who can replace Taravangian.  Also since Szeth now takes orders from Dalinar now accusing him publicly is a can of worms that can't be opened without severe consequences.  I personally think that this will start as a only the monarchs know under an oath of secrecy if Dalinar decides that they have a right to.

Edited by Karger

1 hour ago, Quazzi said:

Whew can’t wait to see how Jasnah takes the news. 

It is odd.  Her stated ethics indicate she actually should approve yet at the same time her belief in strict observable results will probably earn Taravangain something on par with Amaram level contempt.

15 hours ago, Karger said:

It is odd.  Her stated ethics indicate she actually should approve yet at the same time her belief in strict observable results will probably earn Taravangain something on par with Amaram level contempt.

True and that mixed with her respect and admiration for him that we saw in AWOK I’m very interested to see how she reacts. Also we know she is aware their must be a traitor in the coalition so Taravangian will need to step very carefully moving forward. 

Edited by Quazzi

Taravangian is very good at theatre. Better than Sadeas or Amaram, and also more genuine than either of them. He convinced Dalinar that he did it for the greater good, and I think most others will be convinced too, with the exception of people like Kaladin who is very much controlled by his desire to protect people at all costs. 

Picture this, The raving mad-man who claims to hear god accuses the king best known for helping the wounded, as well as the only one who seems to care about his subjects, of having several other kings killed. Furthermore, the same assassin almost killed him as well. Tara is also thought to be very stupid, and Dalinar is saying he is actually a genius mastermind who planned all this from the start. Tara has the best P.R. in the entirety of Roshar. This is his defense. He built such a reputation to make himself untouchable. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2020 at 1:59 PM, Karger said:

Also since Szeth now takes orders from Dalinar now accusing him publicly is a can of worms that can't be opened without severe consequences.

I didn't even think about the fact that people already didn't trust Dalinar too much Before Amaram's army swapped sides, and now all of a sudden the Assassin in White is serving him? I wonder if anyone is going try and spread rumors that Dalinar had the assassin do what he did.